Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M16 advice

Options
  • 04-07-2009 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Hi again
    this time i'm looking to get a AGM M16A1 (NAM) for my birthday and would just like to here peoples opinion on this deadly looking AEG,is it s**t or brilliant,does it suffer from problems ect.

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=2945

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

its the incorrect receiver for m16a1, if your looking ot get it for a name load out you might want to look else where, or look into replacing the reciver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Puding wrote: »
    its the incorrect receiver for m16a1, if your looking ot get it for a name load out you might want to look else where, or look into replacing the reciver

what do you mean mate?:confused:

AGM M16A1 (NAM)

you mentioned nam in your original post, i assumed you where after a Vietnam era m16?

you mentioned nam in your original post, i assumed you where after a Vietnam era m16?

wasnt the A1 used in nam?
    i thought is was:o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapons_of_the_Vietnam_War

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah it was but the AGM A1 is not a true A1, it has alot of A2 parts.

The AGM A1 has the wrong style receiver, flash hider, grip and stock.

• Advertisement

it was, the aeg agm have labeled as an m16a1 is not correct thought :) that's what i meant buy the receiver was not correct

this is what you would be looking for
    http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=WGC-AEG-M16A1_cat_WGC%20Custom%20AEGs
    http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=WGC-AEG-M16VN_cat_WGC%20Custom%20AEGs

oh i know what you mean now
    what about this?
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1583

heres the real one
    image003.jpg

jaysus that a big difference,what a shower of b****** AGM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

mle1324 wrote: »
    heres the real one
    image003.jpg

That's also not correct. Flash hider is wrong, and the mag is .. well .. ok the mag is technically late era, but generally speaking they used the short box mags, not sickle shaped ones.

also the JG version you linked to in on rsov has the incorrect receiver, if you look you can see it has the detachable carrying handle

Lemming wrote: »
    That's also not correct. Flash hider is wrong, and the mag is .. well .. ok the mag is technically late era, but generally speaking they used the short box mags, not sickle shaped ones.

oh yea i know they used the small 20rd mags,i just took that from google images and just also realised that the JG is the same (A2 carry handle)
    What should i do now? what other one is there for about €160 or can i can i get a new carry handle?

• Advertisement

oh yea i know they used the small 20rd mags,i just took that from google images and just also realised that the JG is the same (A2 carry handle)
    What should i do now? what other one is there for about €160 or can i can i get a new carry handle?

unforuntaly its not a simple case of changing the handle, you would need a complete new reciver, the vietnam era m16 had a one piece reciver and carrying candle,

your best bet is to save up the extra for the G&P version or classic army version that are correct,

or you can get say the JG or agm version go with small mags and just go with that no one will kill you, just depends on how accurate you want to be

unforuntaly its not a simple case of changing the handle, you would need a complete new reciver, the vietnam era m16 had a one piece reciver and carrying candle,

your best bet is to save up the extra for the G&P version or classic army version that are correct,

or you can get say the JG or agm version go with small mags and just go with that no one will kill you, just depends on how accurate you want to be

well not that acurate,just the small mags and the trangular looking barrel.an thats it.but how much is the G&P anyway?

your look at double the price of the agm version

i would say is go with something like the JG version, get the correct flash hider and a let of MAG short mid caps and job done not 100% accurate but its close enough and shows effort has been made :)

your look at double the price of the agm version

i would say is go with something like the JG version, get the correct flash hider and a let of MAG short mid caps and job done not 100% accurate but its close enough and shows effort has been made :)

thanks mate,i'll have to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Don't forget tokyo marui also have an a1, how accurate it is i don't know but it's just another option

zero19 wrote: »
    Don't forget tokyo marui also have an a1, how accurate it is i don't know but it's just another option

yea but the price €€€€€,i wouldnt be able to afford that one.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

There you go

Sorry got a photo of the vietnam vesion tokyo marui with proper mag but cant upload it!!
    P.S. How do u put photos up?

http://www.gunsnguys.com/home_ns.htm
    then click the vietnam version..

is it a link to a particular product, might be best to post the name of the product as that just takes you to the main page...

I know pud thats why i changed it but still cant get the damn pictures!!

Ok this is the Tokyo Marui m16ai vietnam version from gunsnguys

?action=view&current=MARUI_M16A1_Vietnam_l.jpg
    MARUI_M16A1_Vietnam_l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Smokerkl wrote: »
    Ok this is the Tokyo Marui m16ai vietnam version from gunsnguys

?action=view&current=MARUI_M16A1_Vietnam_l.jpg

MARUI_M16A1_Vietnam_l.jpg

ANd here's the G&P one:
    GNG_M16A1VN_Metal_Ver.jpg

Incidentally, they also have a G&P XM177:
    G&P_XM177E1.jpg

thx lemming thats what i was trying to do!! :):)

do yous all know that the XM117 was NOT in the Vietnam War,people only think that it was because it was in Platoon.
    anyway the G&P one looks the best but i cant really afford that as my budget is only €160-180.
    Thanks Lemming for photos.
    Rhinocharge was telling me that the one on RSOV is like that because its from China and it has the word STYLE in the title.

EDIT:sorry i'm thinking of the 653 Carbine.
    look: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Platoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

EDIT:sorry i'm thinking of the 653 Carbine.
    look: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Platoon

Nice link. Thanks!;)

Nice link. Thanks!;)
    LOL,i use it all the time:D

Rhinocharge was telling me that the one on RSOV is like that because its from China and it has the word STYLE in the title.

if you need anything else checked its always best to ask :)

if you need anything else checked its always best to ask :)
    LOL,thats why i ask you lads ,i mean like i didnt realise that it has A2 parts if it wasent for yous:).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Quoted out of context.

What I meant was Chinese manufacturers are notorious for labeling guns wrong, just to fill a void in the market. The average consumer wouldn't know the difference & that's what the manufacturer is hoping for.
    By adding style in the model name, gives them leeway.

Quoted out of context.

What I meant was Chinese manufacturers are notorious for labeling guns wrong, just to fill a void in the market. The average consumer wouldn't know the difference & that's what the manufacturer is hoping for.
    By adding style in the model name, gives them leeway.

thats what i ment sorry,i didnt know how to put it into the right context:o.but anyway i'll go with the AGM as it has a metal reciver:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

do yous all know that the XM117 was NOT in the Vietnam War,people only think that it was because it was in Platoon.
    [/url]

Thats incorrect, not sure where ya heard it but ive seen them in vietnam. theres no shortage of them there. :)

If you want to go for the nam look then theres really no point in half arsing it, it would be better to save up a little and get an accurate looking gun instead of getting something that looks ok, coz theres always gonna be someone to point out why its not right.,lol the rear sight is a obvious one, as is the webing on the receiver and the flash hider ( but flash hiders similar to these were actualy used on some later M16A1's) you'll only end up dissapointed with it so i would suggest saving for the G&P, TM or CA.
    the TM is the cheapest i think, its also the most accurate in its colour. the G&P (which is the one i have myself) is too dark and the classic army, while it looks pretty good, it has really bad internals. the TM is also plastic, but its a damn sight better than the AGM and its a far more reliable and accurate piece.
    If you do go for the AGM be aware that theres a very common problem with them, the cylinder case cracks at the front on most of the ones ive seen and the outer barrel is a crappy design, its will come loose and fall out.

Advertisement