Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catholic Priests could become an extinct species in two to three decades.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

In before the Catholic-bashing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Is there a charity we could donate to to speed up the process ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Jakkass wrote: »
    In before the Catholic-bashing :pac:
    IBTCB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

If they had a choice of getting married, maybe they might not have so many skeletons in the closet and not be in terminal decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I personally know none and have only ever heard of handful of anyone my age aspiring to be a priest. There's too much other choices out there, and the social atmosphere has changed an awful lot. Sure gettin' people into the churchs on Sunday is hard enough now, not to mention getting them to be priests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Lets all change to scientology!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I can't say I'm distraught.

I am curious what'll happen to the infrastructure that depends on them though.

Tomebagel wrote: »
    Lets all change to scientology!

Definitely not.........:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just opens it all up to Evangelicals, who are, in many ways, creepier than the Catholics. At least the Pope supports evolution.

Inoculate your kids against religion today folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Time to put them in the zoo I suppose.

• Advertisement

TomCo wrote: »
    Time to put them in the zoo I suppose.

With the Penguins?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭AMIIAM

I believe that moves are afoot to convert Cathilics into christianty

AMIIAM wrote: »

Quoted for posterity.

Aren't Catholics Christian already? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

Priests becoming extinct? We need to organise a controlled breeding program to boost their population base like was done for Panda bears...they've been trying to mate with young boys for years and its clearly not working for them.

Zillah wrote: »
    Just opens it all up to Evangelicals, who are, in many ways, creepier than the Catholics. At least the Pope supports evolution.

Just how many Evangelicals do you know exactly? It seems to me that you are basing your views on a few that you have watched on the internet.

Just how many Evangelicals do you know exactly? It seems to me that you are basing your views on a few that you have watched on the internet.

This fellow is an Evangelical pastor in Ireland, who's stated reason for being on the Atheism and Agnosticism forum is to practice converting people. I didn't say they've taken over, simply that it's possible in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

galwayrush wrote: »
    If they had a choice of getting married, maybe they might not have so many skeletons in the closet and not be in terminal decline.
    But what about the ones who have tendencies towards children ? Getting married is not going to solve that problem now is it ? .

Oh wait .....priests get married and have children ...ah right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

I think you should read a little more before posting. (also go to English classes)

This fellow is an Evangelical pastor in Ireland, who's stated reason for being on the Atheism and Agnosticism forum is to practice converting people.

Linky to the post? PDN is actually rather moderate.

Just curious do you know any off boards? I've personally attended Evangelical churches in the past, and I know Evangelicals from university. They aren't all as you describe. Infact I know one who is studying for a phD in science and holds that Faith and Science are compatible. Sure there are a few who don't hold to evolution, however they are pretty genuine people and I personally wouldn't slate them for that and certainly wouldn't count as "creepy" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

This fellow is an Evangelical pastor in Ireland, who's stated reason for being on the Atheism and Agnosticism forum is to practice converting people.

Has he had any success?

Latchy wrote: »
    But what about the ones who have tendencies towards children ? Getting married is not going to solve that problem now is it ? .

Same goes for kiddie fiddlers in other professions.

Linky to the post? PDN is actually rather moderate.

It was quite some time ago, I aint tracking that shit down. Have faith in me.
    Just curious do you know any off boards? I've personally attended Evangelical churches in the past, and I know Evangelicals from university. They aren't all as you describe. Infact I know one who is studying for a phD in science and holds that Faith and Science are compatible. Sure there are a few who don't hold to evolution, however they are pretty genuine people and I personally wouldn't slate them for that and certainly wouldn't count as "creepy" :)

To my knowledge, none personally. I don't mean to imply that all evangelicals rejects evolution, but some do.
    dvpower wrote: »
    Has he had any success?

He claims to outside the internet. Makes sense, hear all the good arguments against theism, come up with a bunch of fallacious retorts, spring said retorts on vulnerable youth. Presto chango, new converts gyrating on the floor possessed by the holy spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement