Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasty Accident

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭robs1

sorry to hear about your falls guys they sound very nasty.just speaking about the roads in the fingal area its really hit and miss.i came off my bike on the road from garristown heading towords swords.they have the road resurfaced for a good bit of a strech but of coarse only a couple of hundred meters after the resurfacing i came off the bike after hitting a crack in the road and this was the part i felt needed repairing the most.i would like to know how it is planned out.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    Thank God you are OK!

I think I witnessed this. I was driving the inside lane probably 600-700 meters behind you. It happened about half way between the Topaz and the M1 roundabout.

What I thought I had first seen was a plastic bin bag being blown in a breeze after a car.
    Then about 3-5 cars in the traffic pulled into the hard shoulder, and a number of people got out.
    By the time I reached the site of the accident I could see you lying on the ground, trying to sit up, with blood running down your face.

I could see that whatever had happened was serious, but I didnt see exactly what happened.
    I pulled in about 100 meters after where you were lying on the ground and called an ambulance. Once I had finished calling the ambulance I continued to work.

I am very very happy that you are in one piece.

Thanks for that, and particular thanks for calling the ambulance. I know the accident happened at 7.22, and I was at the Beaumont by 7.54 (someone put the Garmin in my bag for me, and so I have been able to track every second of the journey), and so I am very impressed with the ambulance service. I cannot remember anything from about an hour before until a couple of hours after the accident, so any information is helpful (I do already have contact details of one person who helped). Nice to know I looked like a "plastic bin bag being blown in a breeze":)

Advertisement