Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise pollution - No Law!?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Folks, I'm sure Brisbane is just dandy, but it's not the topic of this thread.
    It's perfectly reasonable to expect my needs to be taken into consideration and budgeted for in this scenario.
    Yes, it is. However, it's also reasonable for everyone else’s needs to be taken into consideration. When aggregated, it's likely that your needs are going to be heavily outweighed.
    These are all hypothetical scenarios but I would imagine that if it did go to a civil case then there's the chance of the defendant being liable for hotel costs and / or loss of earnings etc.
    Don't waste your time and money taking anyone to court - if the construction work is taking place during normal working hours, then it's extremely unlikely that your case will get anywhere. I would suggest you channel your efforts into contacting your local TD's with regard to the noise pollution legislation, although I don’t think your situation is really the sort that is being considered. But, you never know – maybe there are a lot of other people in your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

I've heard so little about it since the announcement that I'd assumed that they'd forgotten all about it once the economy went blue and foetal.

Google is your friend. That info/link I posted was not hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭calf

anybody now whats happing with the green party noise pollution bill are they going to try and get it through before they are never heard of again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

What?
    Glorious Sunshine for most of the Year
    Clean Modern City
    Good Hospitals
    Good roads
    Efficient Public transport
    Quality Resturaunts
    Good Nightlife
    Beaches for Surfing/Swimming less than 30min from door
    good neighbourly atmosphere

Besides the Roadworks, which are only really a major annoyance to me and a few of the neighbours, and Anyway I could just move, Whats not to like.

4 meters of water covering everything....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thefarmer

7am is so early in a residential area for construction work to begin. Bulldozers and trucks have been ramming through our tiny streets for the past week shocking everyone into early waking. mostly it is upsetting to think that the people in the old people's sheltered accommodation are the ones being worse affected. Naturally city hall didn't and don't considered how this affects thei lives, some of these people are in their 90s and are now bombarded by huge noise levels all day every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I think this thread had run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement