Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you avail of free Physiotherapy if u are a medical card holder?

Options
  • 01-07-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have just recently been granted a medical card, having been out of work for the past few months with chronic back pain.
    I am wondering can you avail of free physio with the medical card?
    If so, can you recommend any good physio's in Galway City?

Have spent a fortune already, would be great if I could avail of this.

Cheers in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hi all,

I have just recently been granted a medical card, having been out of work for the past few months with chronic back pain.
    I am wondering can you avail of free physio with the medical card?
    If so, can you recommend any good physio's in Galway City?

Have spent a fortune already, would be great if I could avail of this.

Cheers in advance :)

AFAIK (and I'm open to correction) you'll more than likely have to get a referral from a GP to get a free appointment for a physio. Depending on how serious the GP thinks it is, and the availability of physios over there, you could get an appointment within a few days or be waiting months.

So guess what the answer is? Go to your doctor. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭galwaygirl08

Ya i was thinking u can get physio done in the hospital if referred by your doctor. There is more than likely a waiting list though. Will contact my doc this week and see.
    Was just wondering if I could avail of it elsewhere??
    Thanks for your reply.

Advertisement