Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

PomBear wrote: »
    Packie Bonnars meant to be a right arsehole

Trying to think back on any celebrity encounters and this reminded me :D Met Packie in Mantra nightclub in Castlebar 2 years ago and he told us to fuck off as soon as we spotted him.

Now Shea Given on the other hand, there's a friendly keeper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Packie Bonner

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Funjunkie wrote: »
    Wasn't it the craic that killed Chris Farley

More likely the crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Had dinner wit Niall quinn last year in the Sunderland executive box. he was really nice.
    Bobby Robson was there too. sound out.
    Emile Heskey too was friendly when i met him as was john carew- wat a hottie!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I don't approach celebrities. If anything they should be approaching me.

That said, i've seen Gabriel Byrne, the actor, being an absolute gent to those that approached him on a train, signing stuff, chatting etc..

I've also seen Packie Bonner being a rude prick and Dara O'Brian sporting a very angry, don't approach me face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Emm511

Brian o' Driscoll- jumped up ****
    Brian Ormand- absolutuly hate this man so rude and arrogant
    Andrea Roche- I seen her hit a member of staff in a club
    Louis Walsh- really nice man along with the rest of the weslife lads besides Kian Egan
    Rosanna Daviason and her twat of a boyfriend Wesley Quirke he will do anything for a free drink and thinks he deserves one everywere he goes and she just insults people to there faces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sabbath Lily

A friend of mine had an encounter with Rosanna and her boyfriend - she had nothing bad to say about Rosanna, but the boyfriend was an arrogant, jumped-up little **** apparently. (Stealing Emm511's phrase, but damn it, it's a good one!)

I know some people can be a bit snotty about Gráinne Seoige, but she was utterly lovely to me in a scenario where she had absolutely no need to notice me.

I worked in a clothes shop in Dublin a few years ago, when a then prominent Fair City actress came into the dressing rooms, and was horribly dismissive of all the staff there. She just flung her clothes in my direction when she was finished, without a word or a look. This isn't that common, especially as the store attracts an older clientele. I was pretty disgusted. Karma must have struck though, because her character was written out and she hasn't been back since :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 robdig

gary cooke and risteard cooper from apres match complete d**kheads wouldnt even sign an autograph i suppose there not real celebs:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Linda Martin (Eurovision) is not nice in any way, completely stuck up nasty piece of work.

To balance it out Mary Coughlan was absolutely lovely, so down to earth, I know she's not exactly a celeb, but still!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

In fairness how many of us would like other people to make a decision on how nice we are on one few seconds chance meeting when we were not in our best form.

Leave the poor celebs alone. Sure there are only scared little humans like the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

blinding wrote: »
    In fairness how many of us would like other people to make a decision on how nice we are on one few seconds chance meeting when we were not in our best form.

Leave the poor celebs alone. Sure there are only scared little humans like the rest of us.

read the thread,if you don't like it ,dont post!

Ruddest has to be Norman Whiteside when he was famous

heavyballs can be a bit short if you catch him on a cold day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 MSmum

Brian McFadden.....but it was when he was being hassled to be fair......Ronan Keating is gent, opening doors etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

weiland79 wrote: »
    Without a doubt Lars Ulrich from Metallica him and Jason Newstead and Kirk Hammet a few years ago and asked them to sign a t-shirt.He couldn't have been more arsey about and only did it with a big face on him.On the up side Jason came over to our table after with a bottle of red wine and drank it with us Legend.
    thats the thing.. jason was always the man of the people, would wait around after gigs and sign everyones stuff, whereas ulrich cares about his money and cocaine and **** all else

I've met them a few times and gotta say Jason was fcukin awesome, Kirk & James were ok but Lars was just........Lars :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But reading Weiland's post again it sounds like they were in a restaurant and eating, fair enough if they're a bit rude, to me that's a no go, don't bother any1 when they're eating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

blinding wrote: »
    heavyballs can be a bit short if you catch him on a cold day

sorry bout that,

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

I met westlife when I was about 13.. thought Mark and Shane was very arrogant,wouldnt even stop for a photo, I was very disappointed as Id been a hugh fan since I was no age .. haha! but I thought Kain and Nicky were lovely,had a chat and pictures, nicky took the picture himself mind.. lol

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson is a complete cnut, met him twice and he was a cock both times, he was the same to a lot of others too

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Dylan moran, arrogant prick totally up himself.
    Bill bailey was lovely
    Dara o brian is sound aswell.
    More comedians but I wont bore ye

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

Stevie Wonder.

I was walking down sunset boulavard one day and waved at him across the street. He was look straight at me and just blanked me. Prick! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jagabomb

ronan keating....pr*ck to say the least,

shayne ward...absolute gent coudnt be nicer gave free tickets an all to my friend for his concert

ann doyle...absolute nut case down in rose of tralee a few years ago running around pinching everyones arse

live down the road from ROG W*NKER!! had road rage at my mother before, shy my arse!! and so arrogant whenever i see him... wife is lovely though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 araby

A friend of mine and her 8 year old son met ROG at some clinic both were in plaster they compared injuries and this made the young fellas year, said ROG was a true gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've met them a few times and gotta say Jason was fcukin awesome, Kirk & James were ok but Lars was just........Lars :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But reading Weiland's post again it sounds like they were in a restaurant and eating, fair enough if they're a bit rude, to me that's a no go, don't bother any1 when they're eating

Actually no wasn't in a restaurant was at an after show party kind of a meet and greet thingy.Totally agree i wouldn't bother anyone eating.But i will say if they bothered to show up for the after show thingy he could have made an effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

jagabomb wrote: »
    ronan keating....pr*ck to say the least,

Do tell? Would like to hear more, since i think he's an insipid twerp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

george hook..fat prick..took 5 minutes to get a fukn autograph, didnt even want it after a min, was spose to be workn at the time,..fukn fat retard,...pat dolan..setanta analyst..another fat ****,...got his autograph, but he didnt milk it, was outta der, before he got abuse...fat dope...h8 pat dolan anyway....scunt..

You come across as an awful gobsh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Paddy casey (if you would class him as a celeb) was a complete asshole to friend of mine. We met him one night at one of his gigs a couple of years back. Was delighted when he got booed off the stage at pearl jam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

scudzilla wrote: »

so ahm how can i meet metallica lol

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

ROG is a shy person though. Not his fault if he isn't the most people-friendly player ever

My pick is Jimmy Carr. But that is kind of his gimmick, the posh Englishman.

Jimmy Carr seemed pretty alright when i met him,Very sarcastic though.

so ahm how can i meet metallica lol

Up to the Justice album and tour, 1990, it was pretty easy to meet them, since the Black Album it's more or less impossible, they're taken to the gigs in a convoy and drive straight into there own area.

Allure_ wrote: »
    Jimmy Carr seemed pretty alright when i met him,Very sarcastic though.
    Did you "pay" to meet him as in an "audience" said sarcastically a lá Jimmy Carr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jamiebear

Hi guys
    New to this, great thread!!

Used to work for a very well known fast food restaurant with a drive thru. Served Alan Hughes (your man of TV3 I think??) a good few times. Not a nice man at all...

Marty Whelan on the other hand used to come in with his children and he was terribly nice

Advertisement