Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 328 E46-Crazy or Wat?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,918 ✭✭✭✭unkel

testicle wrote: »
    I just bought a '99 E39 528iA - I love it. I get about 26-27mpg out of it.

Well wear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

unkel wrote: »
    No the M62 was never affected by Nikasil :rolleyes:

Sorry mate but it most definitely was. This statement you made is only true for US Market and it widely echoed on US forums, so everybody thinks it never was the case, but the reality is that it was. Check the WIKI yourself. There is the official BMW bulletin about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,918 ✭✭✭✭unkel

bmstuff wrote: »
    Sorry mate but it most definitely was. This statement you made is only true for US Market and it widely echoed on US forums, so everybody thinks it never was the case, but the reality is that it was. Check the WIKI yourself. There is the official BMW bulletin about that.

I'll be damned. Looks like you're right. Never knew that before and I've owned both an M60 and an M62 engined BMW (neither developed nikasil problems). I've never come across a story about a M62 affected car, maybe the English had cleaned up their north sea oil based petrol at that stage?

Here's the wiki on the M62 engine. I'm getting the impression this stuff and the links to the BMW TIS bulletin is added recently...

Advertisement