Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Limerick nightclubs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

jmccoy wrote: »
    Eamon and Liam Ryan, two brothers, thats who they are. Great lads and still around in the DJ game.

As is Jimmy Keogh who must have been the DJ in every pub and nightclub in Limerick at one time or another

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I have dozens.

I'll scan them when I get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

I can second that - I met my lovely wife there

Also RIP DJ Pat Moloney

Met my girlfriend in there nearly 7 years ago...first dance was NIN 'Closer' :D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

What year was the Pink Elephant still open?

The Pink Elephant I think was maybe a tiny bit before my
    time (I'm 33 now) but I remember as a teenager listening
    to people that were only about a year older than me try to
    convince me that they used to go clubbing there and thinking
    what were they in Nappies?

Tom Fitz may go to that gig if he's playing Early Termights
    stuff, That Guy always remembered me for some reason and
    would have songs lined up to be played at certain moments
    in the night. He Used to play some Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and the Sisters of Mercy for myself and my
    peeps I hung around with. (Yes the miserable depressed people in black lurking in the corners with the weight of the world on their shoulders)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

I remember Cheers (bunking off college for the drinking competitions - free booze!), but Docs was, in my memory, the coolest place by far! Absolutely loved it!!

Anyone remember McKnights??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Yeah Mcknights was class...and the buzz club downstairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

D-club glentworth
    70s night in the royal
    costelloes

mckinghts the best of all

what was the dishco in hanratty's for what we thought were old folks at time. Probably my age group now?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

betonit wrote: »
    D-club glentworth
    70s night in the royal
    costelloes

mckinghts the best of all

what was the dishco in hanratty's for what we thought were old folks at time. Probably my age group now?

I think it was called Diego's or Drago's. Used to work close by and vagely remember the neon sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Re: McKnights - any of you guys remember the two brothers that owned it...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Westfields82

Does anyone remember Club Marche on the Ennis Road? I also loved Poldarks! Don't know how I got in as a 16yr old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

this is a big vague , was termites originally in Cruises Hotel before they knoced it. I remember goin gto a dicso there late 80s. I know there were some boat club discos there, but i think termites started there too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

betonit wrote: »
    this is a big vague , was termites originally in Cruises Hotel before they knoced it. I remember goin gto a dicso there late 80s. I know there were some boat club discos there, but i think termites started there too?

yes I think thats correct, cruises-boat club-savoy-theatreroyal-sayoy-costellos????

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jimbo007

best night i remember in termights was therapy plus after gig party.. couldnt go to fugazi that time..

anyone remember a nightclub somewhere near o'riadas that was downstairs, prob around 97?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Where was feathery's?

I'm far too young to remember any of these.

Feathery's was in Henry street. Pass the Garda station on your right and as you walk up towards the direction of the Corner Flag pub you'll see a nice looking grey building on the right. Not sure what it's used for these days.

Anyone remember the Henry Cecil? That was one of the dodgiest pubs in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Not as old as some of the ones already mentioned
    but Used to have a laugh there.
    If anyone remembers it
    check out the Gallery

Goths and Mettlers living in Harmony -- Kinda....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

CCSL wrote: »
    If anyone remembers it
    check out the Gallery

Why can't there be a place like this now? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

anyone remember arthurs warehouse?

Or tumbling crows?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

jimbo007 wrote: »
    best night i remember in termights was therapy plus after gig party.. couldnt go to fugazi that time..

anyone remember a nightclub somewhere near o'riadas that was downstairs, prob around 97?

That was just a disco bar they had in the basment, didn't last long

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Roadend wrote: »
    That was just a disco bar they had in the basment, didn't last long

Also because people kept sneaking in the side door driving the bouncers mad. The toilets in that place were the most digusting I have ever seen.

My main memory of that pub was the amount of women who used to get sick on the floor. Significantly more than anyplace else. So appealing.

CCSL wrote: »
    If anyone remembers it
    check out the Gallery

There's memories for ya, spotted myself in one of those pics, Ahh the days
    when I was thin.

Never did get some of my CD's back from my precious goth collection from
    that place.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I must be older than most on here. The Pink Elephant people have referred to in this thread, was actually the name of the disco/bar in the Savoy. Mirrors was the name of the actual club upstairs (just to be pedantic).

The oldest club I remember going to was Club Marche and Poldarks on the Ennis road :) Other notable clubs, where in Cruises hotel (before Cruises st. was built), Betty Blu's (downstairs in McNights, entrance around the side), Schooners (the bar was called Docks, and the club was called Schooners originally), Newtown Perry (now Aubars), The Shannon Arms, Baker place (Costellos downstrairs), Cheers, Hanrattys, Tropics (George Hotel), Ted's etc.. I always remember Mirrors and Schooners being the dodgiest, always ending up with 1 or 2 people being glassed or stabbed every Saturday night without fail and huge amounts of people baitin the head off each other. Purely because they were the largest clubs with no crowd control and let in every low life scum imaginable and people were allowed smoke and drink on the dance floor and pretty much do anything. The Newtown Perry probably had the highest knack quotient though which spilled out into the streets and into nearby fast food joints such as Kranks where I witnessed many vicious hidings going on inside and outside. Once saw 2 guys going at it inside Kranks, gladiator style with chains. Paddywagon always on standby for cleanup duty. This was the late 80's. Streets are a lot safer today from what I remember back then.

Did Hanrattys once have a club that was over 23's called Garfields?

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rubyann

hi does anyone know what the niteclub in the grannary in limerick was called before docs??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

AFAIK - it was just called the Granary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i cant even remember 2009

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement