Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Need, Want, Should get thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Need: 240 Want:350 Should: 300+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Isn't it an amazing trait of human behaviour that everybody followed the layout that JSK 252 put forward? Everybody put their want/need/should in a column... I'm going to mix things up a bit.

I want ~530ish, I need about 510, and I think that I'll get around 510/520; but I honestly don't have a clue what I'll get. I'd be happy with 460 so I could get my second choice (which I favour as much as my first).

Non conformist No.1.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Isn't it an amazing trait of human behaviour that everybody followed the layout that JSK 252 put forward? Everybody put their want/need/should in a column... I'm going to mix things up a bit.

I want ~530ish, I need about 510, and I think that I'll get around 510/520; but I honestly don't have a clue what I'll get. I'd be happy with 460 so I could get my second choice (which I favour as much as my first).

But now if I put it in a different format I'll be following you. I'm all confused:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Need 520

Want 525

Will end up getting 495 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Need: 480
    Want: 480 (why would you want more points than necessary to get your course :confused:)
    Expected: 510
    Should: 400

I'm actually quite happy with the way things have turned out tbh. I was going for Law but I wasn't sure if I really wanted it. Now I can do it as a subject through Arts and see if I like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Need:355
    Want:400
    Should:410

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

need 400
    want 450
    should get 420:D

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

K4t wrote: »

I'm actually quite happy with the way things have turned out tbh. I was going for Law but I wasn't sure if I really wanted it. Now I can do it as a subject through Arts and see if I like it!

+1! where you going NUIG or Nuim?

+1! where you going NUIG or Nuim?
    NUIM. I live near Galway and want a change of scenery tbh. A lot of people I know are going to Galway so I want to meet new people etc. And Maynooth has an excellent reputation aswell. The arts degree there is only 3 years too and you can try all the subjects. And they have loads of sports facilities! Seems pretty much perfect for me tbh.

NUIM. I live near Galway and want a change of scenery tbh. A lot of people I know are going to Galway so I want to meet new people etc. And Maynooth has an excellent reputation aswell. The arts degree there is only 3 years too and you can try all the subjects. And they have loads of sports facilities! Seems pretty much perfect for me tbh.
    i know what you mean i live about half an hour to ul and everyone is going there so heading to nuig for a change!! have maynooth then after it! what arts subject you going to take with law? ive economics for sure and most likely politics!

• Advertisement

i know what you mean i live about half an hour to ul and everyone is going there so heading to nuig for a change!! have maynooth then after it! what arts subject you going to take with law? ive economics for sure and most likely politics!
    Law and economics definitely aswell! and then I'm torn between French and English. I love both of them but it would be a great advantage to gain some proficiency in French! I'll go to a few different lectures in the first few weeks to decide which ones to pick though!

Law and economics definitely aswell! and then I'm torn between French and English. I love both of them but it would be a great advantage to gain some proficiency in French! I'll go to a few different lectures in the first few weeks to decide which ones to pick though!
    ya id love to speak fench fluently but i just know i dont have enough of an interest to study it at college!! in a way if i end up hating law i wont feel bad, ill be like "well thank god i didn get the points for law or else id be stuck doing it".... ah thats my reasoning oh well!:rolleyes:

ya id love to speak fench fluently but i just know i dont have enough of an interest to study it at college!! in a way if i end up hating law i wont feel bad, ill be like "well thank god i didn get the points for law or else id be stuck doing it".... ah thats my reasoning oh well!:rolleyes:
    Exactly the same here. Good luck anyway with everything.

Exactly the same here. Good luck anyway with everything.
    same to you!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Need: 530
    Want: 550
    Should: Maybe 480 ish...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Need/Want/Should: I really don't know

I know that sounds silly as we've done the leaving and filled in the CAO but I'm not thinking about any of it at ALL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Want: Well,I'd love 600.
    Need: Hmmm. 530 or so? I don't really know.
    Should get: 450 :/ Which would be considerably worse than my mock results. The leaving cert treated me well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dante

Need: 310

Want: 400+

Should: 380

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Need:255
    want: 380
    should get: 405:D

Im the only person that doesnt want as many points as ill prob get (seems like such a waste):p

• Moderators Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Need:200
    want: 300
    should get: 280

Low in comparison to all of you guys but it's all i need !!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Secoundrow wrote: »
    Im the only person that doesnt want as many points as ill prob get (seems like such a waste):p

Nah..dunno why anyone would want 600 points when they only need 300. Pointless.

Me..

Need: 520
    Want: 520
    Should get: 400

Sucks when you know you're not gonna get your course!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kidaamnesiac

Need: 535
    Want: 545
    Should get: 500-520

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

Need: 320+
    Want: 350
    Should:?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

need: 390

want: honestly 500+

should: ~450

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Such a variety of needs/wants in this thread.

Need around 380,
    Want about 420+,
    Will probably get 400-420.

Advertisement