Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANNOUNCEMENT G-TAC GOES URBAN NEW INDOOR SITE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Lol i could be a slow moving hostage either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Intimidator

i'll be coming down as a friend who is a regular invited me, i'm a beginner to this though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Killinator

Totally gutted I cant make it, was supposed to have the day off but friggin hours were changed:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Killinator wrote: »
    Totally gutted I cant make it, was supposed to have the day off but friggin hours were changed:mad:

Same here! :( have a blast lads, lets us know how she plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

In one word........ AWSOME!!! this place rocks!:eek: when this place opens up to the public it is going to be fantastic! great job guys! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

Hi guys i would like to say thankyou to all the people who came to night for our test games .I hope you all had a good time .thank you for doing our questioneers the input will be great thankyou also for all the feed back .Roll on August 1st. :D
    Regards all the G-TAC Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

don't kid yourself guys: there is a lot of work to be done...

... but, even without all the work done yet, quick feedback is 'yes, the place has a lot of potential' - very intense and fast gaming and as we got a chance to go "3 vs 3" and then "10 vs 10" all i can say is let's see this open and get those games going...

... for the ones wondering how the games went, picture a quick counter-strike with not a lot of distance to walk but a lot of shooting involved...

... for the rambos out there, it's going to be fun to tag you all, as in this place is imperative that you work as a team - bring the simple suppress/advance and suppress/flank learned in a way you could do it with your eyes close or i don't see you surviving long...

... didn't play the full-auto game but i don't think it would be for new people to the game - a lot of potential for pistols only so get your red-dots/lasers zeroed as it is playable...

... no room for error or hesitation - there are so many places fire can come from that you will learn not to tunnel your vision...

... if you want to leave some weight at home, forget the scopes - bring the red-dots... lasers... flashlights didn't seem that helpful but it was only the test game...

... for a list of equipment not to forget i'll include:
    - gloves (a)knuckle shots hurt, b) ask joe)
    - cover for your neck (hurts a lot)
    - elbow and knee pads (floor might have some debris)
    - full face mask (safety first, shooting from close range and ricochets)
    - radio (it will prove useful as there are 2 floors)

enough with the essay.. better set this thing up here to get the ladies dancing in a bit...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 webo

This place is gonna be Rock and Roll! Still some few bits and pieces sort out, but until 1 August plenty time:D.
    Test game was absolutely awesome.
    Thanks again
    Marin and Evelyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

Pretty, cool. It was a fast two hours. Looking forward to the 1st when its up and running. Shot guns and pistols galore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

That reminds me, must go pick up another double eagle shotgun from the shop before i'm there...love those things. Anyway sounds good i like the idea of pistols/semi only games, i'm big into my handguns

• Advertisement

It was fantastic, first time I've done anything like it, the place is perfect, what would be class is if some heartbeat music was playing while the games are going.

It was fantastic, first time I've done anything like it, the place is perfect, what would be class is if some heartbeat music was playing while the games are going.

yeah... i thought about that as well... usually, in war there is always good djs invited: lisa lashes, van buuren, deadmau5... all that hard-techno that raises the testosterone while we're playing... it would have been great...

... call over more times intimidator - you just missed the music and a lot of other war related stuff (like envelopes, torches, orcs, stones, scaffoldings, grannie's tea and bin collection)...

... as you know, it was only the test game - stay tuned for more...

Wow, for a second there I thought you were being sarcastic! One look at my wit-ometer and the arrow pointing at zero knocked me back to my senses.

I never got any tea when I was there, Granny must have been in her camouflage, taking out the Vietcong in her head like the best of us.

And there were a fair few bins that needed collecting, a torch or two would have been great for the dark room, oh silly me, in the midst of war, there is always one dark room in the middle of a disused building, me and my comforts, when will I ever learn!

well, not even i know when i'm being sarcastic anyways

... however, i can assure you that, even though it was great fun, there is a lot more to it than the couple games we played...

... wait until you get lost in the forest and realize that you can be shot from anyone by anywhere and you can't go back simply because you can't remember where you came from (to name just one)...

... it is pure addiction - as i said, i sold my bikes, skate and rollerblades... no time for anything else :)

Hi guys we are organising a team's only event as a test for our new indoor site .ye will be the first to see the site set up properly .this is strictly by invitation only and so if you would like to come please let me know by pm or say if you would like a place here on thread leting me know the number in your team and the name thanks kind regards evelyn

right lads, the pre-launch team test is going to happen on the 29th. of July (Wednesday) if everybody can be there for 7pm we'd really appreciate it. sadly, this is strictly a team and invitation only event as we have already had an open day for single players and gathered the required information from that. if you could p.m us and let us know your coming as there are limited places and we're working on a 'first come, first served basis'
    really appreciate all your help lately lads, on behalf of the G-Tac team - THANKS LOADS!!!
    Martin, Evelyn, Sean, Jenny, Andrea, Hannah and Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

the 25 july is a Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Galway-R345

can one just go there to watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

sweet, cannot wait. Plus we have some new toys for this time!

DeBurca wrote: »
    the 25 july is a Saturday
    sorry for confusion andrea put in wrong date it is wednesday 29th. of july :D

• Advertisement

can one just go there to watch?
    no sorry :(it is a closed event plenty of time to watch when we are open on august 1st.sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Killinator

Im supposed to be off on the wednesday, maybe a few LADS could make it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

G-TAC wrote: »
    sorry for confusion andrea put in wrong date it is wednesday 28th. of july :D
    28th is a tuesday :D

i will get it right:eek: eventually stone cold:D:D so many things going through my head trying to get everything right for you guys;);) hope your team can make it down for prelaunch pm if you can.
    regards evelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

Ill be there, not sure exactly how many L.A.D.S. yet,

AALIENS shall be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Will let ya know soon how many of the 13th Mercs will be their.

still workin on it but it looks like there might be 5 from shadow recon there

if need arises, AALIENS propose an alliance with Shadow Recon :)

• Advertisement

sure, i think we could combine forces.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement