Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

time to get fit ....yet again

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Well done a good session you look in form for that 1500 PB

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭p3-fitz

thanks man i hope so u wanna come on that mountain run wit us 2moro ?

p3-fitz wrote: »
    thanks man i hope so u wanna come on that mountain run wit us 2moro ?

Working till five? any use after?

i the complete opposite man. i in from 5 ha. maybe monday we will get to run together ha

Yea sure i working the evening so if you around early?

i not sure yet my roster is still not done but i will let u kno man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

4 x 1000ms in a average of 3 mins flat .

Sounds like an incredibly tough session - not too much slower than your 1500 race pace for 4 x 1k!!!! Rather you than me!

yeah on paper it seems tough but once i got into it i was finding the pace comfortable and recovering very quickly. I think my 1500 PB is in danger

today i went to go on my run and the weather just got terrible .By the time it had finished lashing i had work so i just decided to take today as my rest day as i have ran 8 days in a row.

so i just done some core and rehab exercises today for a hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

so i just done some core and rehab exercises today for a hour

Out of interest what is your rehab routine?

Thanks in advance

thats just the general term i use for the various stretches and exercises i use to help strengthen my previously weak pelvis. Basically everyday i do a core work out consisting of 18 exercises on the gym ball with each exercise having ten reps, i can tell u them if you want. Then i do specific pelvis stretches for 15 mins then just general stretches on my body. The pelvis stretches are hard to explain but some are shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY2E-DLj1UA. I finding this programme works very well and i think thats a main reason for me getting back in shape quickly

today was a handy hour run with ecoli DJS and anto leighio we were going at a nice steady enough pace with the pace fluctuating in concurrence with how heated our arguments were. Anto been a 800 guy does completely different training to most of us and this always leads to discussion on what training is better , its a futile discussion as no one training in universally better as different training suits different people but try telling this to anto :pac:. Was nice to run with such a big group though , gonna do some core and rehab tonight then i have 600s 2moro should be fun :p

well last nite i done 4x 600ms hard with a 3 min recovery. This was a shorter recovery then i usually do these in but i wanted to challenge myself, the only problem was the wind wasnt agreeing with me . There was a very strong wind on the first bend and the home straight which i had to deal with twice. The wind was taking alot out of me but anyway i got through the session with ok times.

REP 1. 1.40
    REP 2. 1.40
    REP 3. 1.41
    REP 4. 1.40
    i was happy with the consistency but really wanted to run them all sub 1.40 but alas with that wind i had no chance

well today i had planned to do a hour at 3 o clock but i kinda overslept and i woke up to the sound of my doorbell ringing , i thought it was for the run but it was one of my mates lookin for a favour, so after i had finished helping him out i got some food then had work so i thought my chances of going on a run was over. But then fitzington txted me asking me if i wanted to go on a run , i wrote back" yeah ten o clock my house" messing , but he took it serious so i decided i might as well run. Once i left my house i felt amazin my legs were really flying, either i am getting into really good shape or ecolis pasta and chicken he made today really was good for me:pac:

Anyway we ended up getting a nice steady 45 min run in so very happy

well today i had planned to do a hour at 3 o clock but i kinda overslept and i woke up to the sound of my doorbell ringing , i thought it was for the run but it was one of my mates lookin for a favour, so after i had finished helping him out i got some food then had work so i thought my chances of going on a run was over. But then fitzington txted me asking me if i wanted to go on a run , i wrote back" yeah ten o clock my house" messing , but he took it serious so i decided i might as well run. Once i left my house i felt amazin my legs were really flying, either i am getting into really good shape or ecolis pasta and chicken he made today really was good for me:pac:

Anyway we ended up getting a nice steady 45 min run in so very happy

My cooking will make you go sub 2 for 8 sub four for 15 and sub 15 for five:D

• Advertisement

i would well believe it but dont forget i helped ha and i suggested the secret ingredient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Fitzington

Man that ten o clock run was a great idea ha. WE flew through it.
    Ecoli should make me one of those dishes if he reckons it will make you run those times!

today i just done a half an hour run around the track wit DJS and some of the other lads in the club followed by a 200m just to open the legs up. I never timed the 200 as it was more about running how i feel then to a certain time.
    I had wanted to do a session today but i have a 5.5 club race 2moro and my coach wants me to really give it a good whack. Last year i was 3rd in 31.02 a week after running a 27.40 5 mile.. Two years ago i ran it in 31.31 in better conditions then last year after only doing the 5 mile the week before in 28.01 . So i really want to beat both times just to prove my fitness to myself .

gonna do some core and rehab now so wish me luck :D

well yesterday was the final club race which some say is 5.5 miles and others say its 5.8 i not too sure myself. Its ran on the same course as the the last club race which i ran the 3 mile in 17.18, the start for yesterdays race was 400ms ahead of the start of the 3 mile.
    After doing a 15 min warm up the gun went and we were off, i sat in behind james who had bet me by a fair bit in the last one but after two miles at a pace that i was finding way too comfortable i moved off and hit the half way point at 15.50 which was way too slow to beat my times from last year, i tried to push on the second lap but the path was soo wet and slippy any time i tried to really push it i felt my legs slipping and i was worried that i could damage my pelvis so i took it easy and ran the second lap controlled in a time of 15.57.

So my finishing time was 31.47,
    the good points of the race were:
    i felt easy and controlled the whole way
    i wasnt too far off last years time and i have done no mileage really compared to last year
    the conditions this year were much wetter
    i won by well over a minute

the bad points were
    i didnt beat my time from last year :(

Anyway onwards and upwards starting tomorow i taking today off just doin some core then on sunday i going to do some speed work on our track with a big group including DJS and fitzington

well yesterday i took as my rest day so today i attempted a 300m session with a difference. The session was a simple 5x 300ms with a recovery of 4 mins but the main aim of the session was to stimulate lactic by going off quick. So the way to run the 300s was run your first 100 flat out and then just settle in, this is a sure fire way to have your legs swimming in lactic. After 2 i was swimming in awful lactic but i kept going as that was the aim of the session
    so nyway the times were
    REP 1. 40
    REP 2. 41
    REP 3. 42
    REP 4. 44
    REP 5. 43

Speed is not my strong point so i found these really tough, the times got slower but thats the idea of the session so i was happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭DJS

Animal session bro, good week all round. Those 1ks on sat, your win on friday and your killer 300m session!! As you said your getting fitter everyweek. Lets hope you continue!!

today was just a basic mileage day, me DJS and anto done a hour run. Its good to run with anto now as he heading off to the US soon so we will no longer have him to train with. Me and DJS were discussing our training plans for cross country and if we can even keep to half what we are pledging, it should be a very good season .Anyway today a hour run which was probably 8 and a half miles

I had done some core this morning too

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭DJS

WE CAN DO ITT!!!!!:D:D:D

IF WE PUT OUR BACKS IN TO IT :eek:

Today i done a hour run with ecoli at 1. It was a nice paced run but the wind was very annoying as we were running straight into it the last 15 mins.
    But still nice running conditions. We done about 8 and a half miles or so.
    The highlight of the run was the fight involving ecoli and a wasp, i think the wasp got the better of him :p so he had to run the last 15 mins after been stung

Now just gonna do the usual core and rehab

well today i done a nice hard session consisting of a 200 followed by a min rec then a 600 followed by a min den a 1600, this was repeated 3 times with a 4 min break in between sets. It went well enough the wind was really out to get me which made this session very tough but ny way the splits were
    200 33 rec 60
    600 1.48 rec 60
    1600 5.12 rec 4 mins

200 33 rec 60
    600 1,47 rec 60
    1600 5.10 rec 4 mins

200 32 rec 60
    600 1.45 rec 60
    1600 5.14

this was followed by a ten min cool down and preceeded by a ten min warm up.
    felt easy running but a bit sluggish cause i could never get going really for fear of going too quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Fitzington

well today i done a nice hard session consisting of a 200 followed by a min rec then a 600 followed by a min den a 1600, this was repeated 3 times with a 4 min break in between sets. It went well enough the wind was really out to get me which made this session very tough but ny way the splits were
    200 33 rec 60
    600 1.48 rec 60
    1600 5.12 rec 4 mins

200 33 rec 60
    600 1,47 rec 60
    1600 5.10 rec 4 mins

200 32 rec 60
    600 1.45 rec 60
    1600 5.14

this was followed by a ten min cool down and preceeded by a ten min warm up.
    felt easy running but a bit sluggish cause i could never get going really for fear of going too quick
    Good going man A tough session and your reps wre still fast, fair play

thanks man wait till u see my session on friday it gonna be intense

yesterday i was joined again by ecoli, for a nice hour run. The pace was very steady i would say under 7 min pace we were really flying along effortlessly, we had the amazin weather and all so was really a enjoyable run.

i then done some core and rehab for a hour

I have a very tough session at 6 clock so i will update this if i am still alive :pac:

today the plan was a session consisting of a 400,600,800,1000,800,600,400 with a 2 min recovery between each rep, but the wind ruined my plans, it was way too windy to even try the a 1k at a respectable pace so i done the same session described above minus the 1000m rep. As soon as i started warming up i knew i was in for a tough day as the wind was blowing crossways and as a result i was getting hit by the wind for 300ms on the track in one way or another.But i gave it my all and pulled off some respectable reps just not quite what i wanted

400 68, rec 2 mins
    600 1.42 rec 2 mins
    800 2.24 rec 2 mins
    800 2.25 rec 2 mins
    600 1.43 rec 2 mins
    400 68 rec 2 mins

now i gonna do some core and stretching

• Advertisement

well i had a very hectic weekend workwise and also with the big national senior nite out on sunday i ended up taking saturday and sunday off this week, wont do me any harm as i been trainin very hard last few weeks, so today i got back into the swing of things by doing a half a hour at a very fast pace doing a run of just less then 4.6 miles in 28 mins, so was happy enough it felt very comfortable so thats good.

Then i done some core then i gonna go easy tomorow and race the 1500 on wednesday and hopefully get a pb :D

well my track season is over thanks to a throat infection,
    so no 1500 2ni
    no 3k race next wednesday
    no training till at earliest sunday but its gonna be very basic
    I will be back with a new log and a new focus on x country
    till then adios

Advertisement