Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Kelly Tour of Waterford 2009

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I'm gonna give priests leap a go tomorrow, it will include the caha pass on the return (from the kerry side), it'll be a return trip from bantry so if I can do that I have no fear of anything Waterford can throw up...

Its one place that has always given me THE FEARI've only driven the whole thing once and in a car it frighted the bejesus outa me cos going over some 'bumps' in the road you cant quite see if the road continues over te peak or if your going to drive over a sheer drop into the valley below, fantastic:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Work diary free that weekend so I'm in.
    unionman wrote: »
    I'm hoping planning to do the 160km this year.

Need a wingman?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Lads, you should try Mahon falls from the other side (i.e. the one you descend on the Sean Kelly tour)., I had been down it a hundred times before I decided on a whim to climb it from that direction. If any of the Waterford boardsies haven't had the pleasure I recommend it wholeheartedly. It feels twice as steep. Love/Hate it depending on my mood.
    Hi Quigs Snr, hope to say hello this year. Yes the thought went through my head as I descended from Mahon Falls last year that this would be one tough bitch to climb. Great event and would highly recommend. Organisation and food stops second to none. Wasn't expecting that drag after Mahon Falls and found it difficult so newcomers beware.

CheGuedara sums the day up perfectly

Advertisement