Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you see Wales from the Dublin mountains?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hibby

Yes Krusty, the mountains you see when you look north along the coast are the Mournes. From the Sugarloaf they are about 105 km north.

This afternoon the Mournes seemed less well-defined than the Welsh mountains, even though they are nearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Alun wrote: »
    I was up on Kindlestown Hill today and saw them too ... it was so clear you could even clearly see the snow covering the higher peaks, absolutely astonishing, never seen them so clearly.
    Today was fabulous, I've never seen them so clear (from the Djouce area). The Isle of Man was also easy to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I was on top of the Sugarloaf today, and you could see the mountain ridges in Wales very clearly. I could also see mountain outlines north, beyond Lambay Island, which could only have been the Mournes, right?
    Yes, possibly the Mournes or also the Cooleys which are a little closer and also quite visible on a fine day.

Advertisement