Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do ya brush your teeth?

Options
  • 18-06-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Following on from the washing thread I wonder how many people can't be arsed washing every day but still brush their teeth...

For me it is morning and evening.

How often do you brush? 246 votes

Once a day
    0% 0 votes
    Twice a day
    22% 56 votes
    Never
    68% 168 votes
    I have no teeth to brush
    1% 3 votes
    Whenever I feel like it...
    0% 1 vote
    When someone else does it for me.
    7% 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Far more often than the poll would allow.
    1. When I wake up
    2. After my breakfast
    3. After 1st coffee
    4. After 2nd coffee
    5. After lunch
    6. After 3rd coffee
    7. After dinner
    8. One big scrub up before bed
    9. (Often throughout the day if bored)

I only use good enamel protection toothpaste. I'd floss after every meal, and use mouth wash. I chew dental gum in between all of this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Twice a day, sometimes more if my mouth feels manky from talking sh!te all day

Abigayle, jesus :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Abigayle wrote: »
    1. When I wake up
    2. After my breakfast
    3. After 1st coffee
    4. After 2nd coffee
    5. After lunch
    6. After 3rd coffee
    7. After dinner

I only use good enamel protection toothpaste. I'd floss after every meal, and use mouth wash. I chew dental gum in between all of this :o

If I could edit the poll for you I would :)

a fellow coffee lover I see. nyom nyom. I gather you brush in work? You brush to relieve boredom ????!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Wait now, we can only answer if we can't be arsed washing every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm waiting for someone to start a proper AH version of these.

How often you **** or sh1t?How much toilet paper you use to clean your ass?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Id normally brush them twice a day but if Ive been drinking loads of tea or coffee my mouth feels like a carpet so Ill brush them more often.

kingtut wrote: »
    If I could edit the poll for you I would :)

a fellow coffee lover I see. nyom nyom. I gather you brush in work? You brush to relieve boredom ????!!!!

Thanks :pac: Yes, I love good strong coffee to keep me alert. I've always kept a little drawer no matter what job I went to, specifically for my little obsessions. This little drawer would be better equipped than a dentists, and more vitamins than a chemist :D

Oh, and yes. Even when bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm waiting for someone to start a proper AH version of these.

How often you **** or sh1t?How much toilet paper you use to clean your ass?

Take the initiative, create one yourself. :pac:

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Take the initiative, create one yourself. :pac:

I'm busy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Sometimes befor i go to bed..can't understand this 2 or 3 times a day malarkey...most people only need to brush their teeth once a day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Twice a day, sometimes more if my mouth feels manky from talking sh!te all day

Same

Thanks :pac: Yes, I love good strong coffee to keep me alert. I've always kept a little drawer no matter what job I went to, specifically for my little obsessions. This little drawer would be better equipped than a dentists, and more vitamins than a chemist :D

If you're serious, which I hope you're not, how come the enamel hasn't worn away from your teeth with all the over brushing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

1. When I wake up
    2. After my breakfast
    3. After 1st coffee
    4. After 2nd coffee
    5. After lunch
    6. After 3rd coffee
    7. After dinner

Is this actually advisable? Sounds like it'd do more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

If you have false teeth can you take them out and give them a good scrubbing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

2 times a day,,... or when bad things happen... like a fly flyig into my mouth ewwwww:(

:eek:
    Maddison wrote: »
    Id normally brush them twice a day but if Ive been drinking loads of tea or coffee my mouth feels like a carpet so Ill brush them more often.

I know what ya mean, tis soooooo good though (the coffee that is, not the rough carpet effect).

Mine is always strong, doesn't keep me awake though which is good......*peeks into Abigayle's drawers ;)- runs and hides*

Gees you have a lot of stuff in there....put up a no entry sign please. 14 bottles of mouthwash?!!

I'm busy ;)

I won't ask with what so...!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Three times a day, it used to be more but the dentist told me too much brushing can wear away the enamel on your teeth and when that breaks down your teeth will start to rot.

It used to be in the morning and then after every meal and again at night.

I'm busy ;)

*****ng and sh*tting? :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

1. When I wake up
    2. After my breakfast
    3. After 1st coffee
    4. After 2nd coffee
    5. After lunch
    6. After 3rd coffee
    7. After dinner

You really need a hobby.
    Has anyone ever informed you of the joys of stamp collecting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Wow Abigayle, You shower & brush your teeth quite a bit.....would you possibly be a bit OCD about personal hygiene!!!LOL!As my OH says, you'll wash yourself away:D

kingtut wrote: »
    *****ng and sh*tting? :eek:

Indeed, never heard of a sh1twank.

You really need a hobby.
    Has anyone ever informed you of the joys of stamp collecting?

Bad advice! She would have to brush every time she licked a stamp :P*

*ye you don't need to lick stamps to collect them but meh who cares

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

at least 3 times a day

Rsaeire wrote: »
    If you're serious, which I hope you're not, how come the enamel hasn't worn away from your teeth with all the over brushing?

I am deadly serious. You are right, excessive brushing does wear the enamel on your teeth down, but I'm just obsessed with it. I go frequently to the dentist too, and he says they're in damn good shape, so I'm not worried. I've an appointment for Monday too. Yaaay! :pac:

Yes I know I have a problem*

:p

I am deadly serious. You are right, excessive brushing does wear the enamel on your teeth down, but I'm just obsessed with it. I go frequently to the dentist too, and he says they're in damn good shape, so I'm not worried. I've an appointment for Monday too. Yaaay! :pac:

More power to you! If your dentist states your teeth are in good shape, then far be it from me to say otherwise.

I do agree with the other poster though, perhaps a hobby would be best. I'd steer clear of titan18's hobbies though, as I doubt you have the ... heh hem ... equipment. ;)

*takes out fancy calculator*

Abigayle - during your lifetime you will spend 4 times as much brushing your teeth than you will having sex.

*puts calculator away*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

2 or 3 times a day
    after breakfast and dinner and before bed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I havent been to the dentist in about 8 years myself...I've never needed to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

When I can find them, sometimes the Mrs does be using them and leaves them in her handbag or even the knife drawer.

Advertisement