Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Spencer Dock bridge opened

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Stark wrote: »
    Better to have the cycle lanes in the same space as the general traffic than forcing cyclists to weave through pedestrians.

I never suggested that. :confused:

In any forward thinking city all three are segregrated anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

mysterious wrote: »
    Little OT, why are these buildings all the same height 8-10 storys? What is the problem with not going at least 15 storey's or 50?? The buildings on the quay where the bridge is look all uniform and look like match boxes despite such great effort in the architecture.

So how is traffic moving on the upstream bridges since they opened this one.

This bridge goes across the Royal Canal at the junction of Mayor Street and Guild Street. It's not spanning the Liffey at all.

The bridge enables a link to be made from Mayor Street Lower eastward through the Spencer Dock development from the IFSC and Mayor Street Upper which continues east across New Wapping Street and Castleforbes Road to the Point Depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Zebra3 wrote: »
    I never suggested that. :confused:

In any forward thinking city all three are segregrated anyway....

The problem with Ireland and its selfish pedestrians is that you do need fast moving heavy vehicles to clear them out of the way. Otherwise they just see the cycle path as a second footpath.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Advertisement