Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin reg's - why no DN?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

The other version of this I heard was that DN was "reserved" for Down if there was ever a united Ireland! - I don't believe a word of it, but some people seem quiet convinced this is the case.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bold_defender

I was pondering all this while in waterford for the weekend.

A slight off topic but I noticed a car a few months ago where the county letter(s) didn't match the name in Irish above. Any ideas about that or is that not regulated?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A D reg is worth more in second-hand terms than any other reg. Yes, that's ridiculous, but it's the fact - people idiots pay more for a D-reg. I can imagine that a DS reg would be "worth" more than a DN reg. A number of our politicians live on the Northside. I imagine they'd be somewhat annoyed if the resale value of their car was affected by the addition of an "N" on the reg.

Advertisement