Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Surf Trip Jul/Aug

Options
  • 16-06-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

First time posting here so if there's a thread on this already can you let me know? Thanks

Am looking to book a 3/4 week break in July/Aug. Any ideas on where would have good, fairly reliable surf at this time of year? Budget could stretch to Europe/Morocco/Central America/Brazil.

Only got chance to take time off work now so am late in getting anything sorted...cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Europe: france would be high season summer madness but bound to be some swell there in August but could be lots of flatness too.

Morcocko: would be too friggin hot and pretty flat I'd imagine.

Brazil: prob would be ok but similar to france.

Central America: I think that July/August are peak months for Costa Rica (pacific side) and any countries north/south of there so that could be a very sure bet. Mexico as well pumps during that time of year.

For a similar price to CA, you could also try the following:

South Africa: once the sardine run is over, anywhere from Durban to J-Bay would be solid in July/August.

Indo: head for Bali, flights would prob cost the same but it would be cheaper there.

Lots of options but if you want consistent swell that time of year, the southern hemisphere is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 roberb

Check out this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055425178

Lagos or somehwere in portugal would be cheapest i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 35 roberb

Cheapest in Europe I mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

bundoran!!!
    ha ha

seriously i would check out Portugal. was there last year and loved it. great surf, great booze, great food and great people.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Haven't been there surfing yet, but a lot of mates have come back from Portugal and have really rated it.... Lookin forward to visiting it myself..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭D!armu!d

Has anyone been to Florianopolis in Brazil? The surf looks like it would be good around that time, but the accomodation is a bit pricey..

Advertisement