Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIXmania have just launched their 'Clearance Deals' promotion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,843 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I don't use this term lightly but they're a bunch of bastards!

Caveat emptor and all that!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

What Basquille said, I don't think I would ever buy from them again, although the last thing I ordered was delivered in perfect condition last week, I ordered it as a Christmas present for someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Clareman wrote: »
    What Basquille said, I don't think I would ever buy from them again, although the last thing I ordered was delivered in perfect condition last week, I ordered it as a Christmas present for someone

Bit early to be buying Christmas presents isn't it? :D

Their after-sales service is quite shocking though it has to be said!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Bit early to be buying Christmas presents isn't it? :D

Not from those feckers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

basquille wrote: »
    I don't use this term lightly but they're a bunch of bastards!

Caveat emptor and all that!

+1,000,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

Clareman wrote: »
    ....I ordered it as a Christmas present for someone
    Christmas 2008 I take it ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Maybe I was lucky, used them twice and no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

Maybe I was lucky, used them twice and no problems at all.

you are one of the few smileing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I've used them on 10 seperate occasions myself and never had an issue with them or their products...you've put the jeebies in me though as I was about to Order a TV of them mmmmmmmm :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Run RUN quite fast, in the other direction, if you want nice TVs try RicherSounds in Belfast, they have a support forum here and give boardsie discount.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 holyjoe

ive ordered loads of stuff from Pixmania and never had a problem.

too be fair i think there's a lot of companies around that are fine when
    the stuff arrives and is whats expected but should there be a problem
    they are horrible to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,843 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I don't want to derail this thread too much.. but holyjoe, you really don't have experience of what they're like.

They are the ultimate bullshit artists.. you'll be left waiting weeks / months for a reply to queries by their customer service, they'll claim to "lose" return items (etc)!

Google Pixmania problems and have a read. From my extensive reading, there is not one company who are even close to the piss-poor standard that Pixmania have set for themselves.

I will agree plenty of other companies can be horrible to deal with, but odds are you'll get a satifactory resolution in time.. but Pixmania even when confronted with legal threats still give off this smarmy "higher than thou" attitude to their customers and often just send off template standard replies to queries.

An example.. I wrote to them expressing disgust that I was sent a repaired product (that was still defective) when under consumer law, I was entitled to a replacement at the very least. I asked that what the reasoning behind this and other questions.

My reply from:

"Your product was reshipped on 11/06/2009, by the transport company DHL

Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please feel free to contact us should your require any further information. "

To quote Rowan Atkinson.. they're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

I really can't stress how poor they are. I'm only saying this because my girlfriend is out almost €300 on a media drive they repaired (and is still defective) and they refuse to replace or refund.

Avoid.. avoid.. avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

They are a waste of time like everything else French.

French Cars = Sh1te

French Planes = Sh1te

French Anything = Sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

AVOID!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

*mono* wrote: »
    They are a waste of time like everything else French.

French Cars = Sh1te

French Planes = Sh1te

French Anything = Sh1te

French Women are lovely!;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm not sure if it was Christmas 07 or 08 I ordered it for, it was a novelty key chain camera thingey, it was only €14 or something, in fairness to them they took the price of the camera straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

I had good and bad dealings with them..
    They sold me a DS when they had none in stock when the site said that they did have them in stock..
    Took about a month to get it to me..
    The customer service reps are a joke at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Its like anything, you are happy to deal with them until something goes wrong.

THEN FORGET IT !!
    Dealt with they 10+ times and then complete MADNESS...
    and I must say most of the ten items were at least a week overdue on top of the madness, and try talking to a HUMAN ! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Iv dealt with them easliy 10 times without a problem with faulty goods or slow shipping. I would still prefer to use somebody with a better reputation for when I eventually do need to return something faulty.

Can anybody suggest a similar online electronics shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Dixons own Pixmania don't they?
    I bought a media drive from them, no problems so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

DODGY BASTARDS

I know everyone thinks they are fine until something goes wrong, but it's the amount of times that "something goes wrong" with them that really puts me off buying from them (again).

I ordered a car stereo from them last year which was faulty, and it took about 5 months of effort to get a replacement. And they made me pay for the shipping back to france.

They seem to have a MUCH higher stock of faulty and shoddy defective products than any other online company. Stay clear! Just google them for proof!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

this thread is a bit pointless now in BA, has it not turned into a Consumer Issue rant, may as well either lock it or move it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Dixons own Pixmania don't they?
    I bought a media drive from them, no problems so far.

Nah, Pixmania and Dixons are owned by Fotovista afaik!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

There all owned by DSG International plc

Advent
    Currys
    DSG Ireland
    PC World
    Pixmania
    Dixons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSG_International_%28retailer%29

so i presume they all have the same sources for stock and therefore the same level of quality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I ordered a DVD Recorder off them on Sunday so now after reading this I'm sweating on whether my first experience with them is positive or negative. To be honest, having read what I've read and judging by peoples actual distaste towards them, i think even if my order is delivered and satisfactory I think I might give them a miss in future. Who needs the stress ??

3/4 day delivery since Sunday = Tomorrow ??? Maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I ordered a DVD Recorder off them on Sunday so now after reading this I'm sweating on whether my first experience with them is positive or negative. To be honest, having read what I've read and judging by peoples actual distaste towards them, i think even if my order is delivered and satisfactory I think I might give them a miss in future. Who needs the stress ??

3/4 day delivery since Sunday = Tomorrow ??? Maybe ?

Wouldn't worry if i were you. I've only ever ordered one item off pixmania and there was no trouble. The item didn't give any trouble mind. Not sure i'd be too confident if i had to return something big like a flat screen telly. You should be grand with a DVD recorder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

I must be one of the lucky ones - ordered from them more than a dozen of times, spent more than 3k in the last 3 years, and have never ever had any problems whatsoever with them!!!

But, like I said - I'm probably the lucky one. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bought stuff off them a few months ago and had no problems. Delivery was pretty quick. Never had to deal with customer service though.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

I've used them on 10 seperate occasions myself and never had an issue with them or their products...you've put the jeebies in me though as I was about to Order a TV of them mmmmmmmm :confused:

FWIW I've just bought the Panasonic TX-PF37X10 (It's the French Version) and had no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I emailed them yesterday outta curiosity, they responded :
    We would like to thank you for placing an order on Pixmania.com.

We take great care when we process orders so that deliveries are made within the deadlines stated.

However, a technical incident in our logistics platform has delayed the distribution of your order. Your order *********** will therefore be delivered with a delay of 24 to 48 hours.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this incident.

The package was delivered about 30 minutes ago. Not bad at all, ordered Sunday afternoon, delivered on the Friday afternoon.

Advertisement