Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Monitor Firesale: Fantastic prices on 5 Monitors[Starts Wednesday, June 17th]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,955 ✭✭✭✭muffler

but someone told me recently that you can often pick them up for free on adverts.ie if you keep your eye out? Any truth to this?
    No. The Adverts mods get first call so there are none ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

muffler wrote: »
    No. The Adverts mods get first call so there are none ;)
    Cheeky!

Right, I guess I'll just go mad and get that 20". My Dad's gonna give me a serious wtf when this thing arrives! I am a bad, bad person.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Only thing that's stopped me ordering that 20" Dell monitor is it doesn't have a DVI connection.

Suppose I could buy a DVI-VGA converter... but I'd rather like connectivity out of the box and a digital image (as opposed to analog).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Im still getting a dead link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

basquille wrote: »
    Only thing that's stopped me ordering that 20" Dell monitor is it doesn't have a DVI connection.

Suppose I could buy a DVI-VGA converter... but I'd rather like connectivity out of the box and a digital image (as opposed to analog).

Look here the S2009W seems to have a DVI connection in the photos and there's a DVI lead listed as "What's in the box"

* S2009W 20" Flat Panel
    * Monitor
    * Power cord
    * VGA cable (VGA to VGA)
    * DVI cable
    * CD User's guide and
    * documentation

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Hogzy wrote: »
    Im still getting a dead link?

Not exactly a "fire sale" but 6 monitors reduced here.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Look here the S2009W seems to have a DVI connection in the photos and there's a DVI lead listed as "What's in the box"

* S2009W 20" Flat Panel
    * Monitor
    * Power cord
    * VGA cable (VGA to VGA)
    * DVI cable
    * CD User's guide and
    * documentation
    Hmmmm.. so it does!

But it does only list VGA under connections.

EDIT: Any difference between the S2009W and the IN2010N? The S2009W is 10c more, and the only difference I can see is the brightness ratio - 250 cd/m2 (S2009W) vs 300 cd/m2 (IN2010N)

Any difference between the S2009W and the IN2010N? The S2009W is 10c more, and the only difference I can see is the brightness ratio - 250 cd/m2 (S2009W) vs 300 cd/m2 (IN2010N)

The max. power consumption of the 09 is twice that of the 10.

I went for the 10 myself, you know "the power of one" and all that! :pac:

No sign of anyone finding a box of matches in Dell by the looks of it, got the error message in Italian this time!

invest4deepvalue.com

You think €134 shipped for the S2009W is good value?

Look at what they were selling it at in the States yesterday.. now THAT'S a sale price!

10755_dscf0999.jpg

Did anyone else order one of these monitors?

No sign of any "fire sale" on monitors in any case.

Seems mine left Dell yesterday but DPD say I won't have it till Monday...:(

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote: »
    Did anyone else order one of these monitors?

No sign of any "fire sale" on monitors in any case.

Seems mine left Dell yesterday but DPD say I won't have it till Monday...:(
    I reckon the prices indicated on the 5 monitors were in fact the "fire sale" prices!

When you recieve yours Do-more.. could you confirm if it has indeed a DVI connection?

Have my computer desk (€21.70), usb keyboard from EBay (€6), "Sony" (fake) optical mouse from EBay (€4) and my Mac Mini (€299).

All I need is my monitor! :D

When you receive yours Do-more.. could you confirm if it has indeed a DVI connection?

Will do, although I ordered the IN2010N so I'm not expecting mine to have a DVI connection anyway.

You can view the user manual for the S2009W here and it certainly seems to indicate that it has a DVI connection.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Not sure why I bothered with this thread. Looks like Dell have finally woken up and brought (a few) of their monitor prices down to match the competition. They don't get any brownie points for that from me anyway. Still selling them far cheaper in the US:

Dell 22" Crystal Monitor price in US €358.50
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=223-5647

Dell 22" Crystal Monitor price in Ireland €499.50 (With current BOGOF offer)
    http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=171960

The price Dell charge in Ireland is higher by €141. Thats almost a 40% difference in the price Dell charge in Ireland, compared to the price Dell charge, for the same monitor, in the US. Also you'd need to buy 2 monitors for €999 to get that price in Ireland. When are Dell going to stop ripping Irish consumers off with their high monitor prices? I suggest sending Dell a message and shopping elsewhere for your monitor.

To be honest.. I think I'd pay the extra €70 and get this!

The boss has it and it's stupendous - 23", 1920 x 1080 resolution and Full HD (HDMI connection for Xbox / PS3 / Media Player etc).

Missed it when it was for sale at €186! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

The boss has it and it's stupendous - 23", 1920 x 1080 resolution and Full HD (HDMI connection for Xbox / PS3 / Media Player etc).

I have a 19 inch Dell. would the 20 inch be a big improvement or not????

?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,955 ✭✭✭✭muffler

iggy wrote: »
    I have a 19 inch Dell. would the 20 inch be a big improvement or not????
    Yeah, a 1 inch improvement :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭shnaek

You sure that has HDMI?

shnaek wrote: »
    You sure that has HDMI?
    Sorry.. actually nope.. I don't think it does.

Boss actually has the 24 inch version which does.

Am looking for a good 23" - 24" HD monitor now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭shnaek

Sorry.. actually nope.. I don't think it does.

Boss actually has the 24 inch version which does.

Am looking for a good 23" - 24" HD monitor now though.

Ah, grand. Yeah - think I'll hold out for the HDMI input myself. How are you finding the mac mini?

shnaek wrote:
    Ah, grand. Yeah - think I'll hold out for the HDMI input myself. How are you finding the mac mini?
    Well.. I'm a big Mac head (already own a MacBook) but the Mac Mini hasn't really been used. Been hooked up to my 37" HD TV and looks great on it.. but it needs it's own setup to be appreciated.

Was just up in PC World and have a lovely Samsung 20" with 2 HDMI ports / DVI / VGA but it was €249 and just wasn't worth the money for the 20" IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

there was another version of that monitor with a slightly higher resolution and HDMI, they don't seem to stock it anymore. That was does not have HDMI (I know for sure because i have one :)). That monitor was going for around 180 at Christmas, but they are still pretty darn good for the price listed there.

Not an uber-fantastic sale though, Dell have had much better deals before, and that Crystal "buy one get one free" deal has been there for months now, i don't know why they just don't cut their losses on it, they aren't shifting.
    Well.. I'm a big Mac head (already own a MacBook) but the Mac Mini hasn't really been used. Been hooked up to my 37" HD TV and looks great on it.. but it needs it's own setup to be appreciated.

Was just up in PC World and have a lovely Samsung 20" with 2 HDMI ports / DVI / VGA but it was €249 and just wasn't worth the money for the 20" IMO.

the Syncmaster by any chance? komplett have the t220HD with the inbuilt tuner for 240, (+8 if you get it delivered to the pickup point)

the Syncmaster by any chance? komplett have the t220HD with the inbuilt tuner for 240, (+8 if you get it delivered to the pickup point)
    Nope, don't think it was the Syncmaster.

Finally bought a monitor anyways - this one!

Has excellent reviews and exactly what I wanted and more - 2 x HDMI ports (have a DVI-HDMI so no problem there). Just hope the Mac Mini supports 1920 x 1080, but presume it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

nice monitor

Advertisement