Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths ey??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Facepalm? At what, exactly?

At the last 2 weeks of my life pretty much.

When asked to prove something in part (i) of a question and the asked to used that equation in part (ii), if you get the equation wrong, can you just use the equation they give you for part (ii)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Have 9 questions covered, didn't bother with Hydrostatics.

My notes are in a pile somewhere so I'm just doing questions at the moment. I'm going to have to find my notes soon as I've forgotten how to derive the equations for moments of inertia. :pac:

My main worry is that I tend to take questions too slowly. That could be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

9 questions?? I only have 5 and a bit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Garf

9 questions?? I only have 5 and a bit :P

Uh-oh...

Anyway, yeah I have 9 to; my class never did hydrostatics.

However, beware people: I heard that occasionally concepts from certain questions have come up on the questions that they don't normally "belong" in the past, and the department of education has justified this by stating that it is all in the syllabus.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Atm I have 4.5 questions ready, but hopefully by the time the exam comes i will have 6.5 questions covered!

• Advertisement

So, what did people think? Nice paper? I thought it was ok. I was amazed at part (a) in the relative velocity question, it's pretty much identical to one that's in Text and Tests. 1(b) was pretty nice, too.

What did people get for k in 10(b)(ii)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Q1 Grand
    Q3 Eas Enough
    Q4 Horribly long part b, didnt get the last part
    Q5 No bothers
    Q6 Handy as hell
    Q8 Ugly part b, awkward to find distances or even where max w was
    Q10 Was alright, slightly messy or something.

Q2 looked nice, didnt do it though

Was happy enough overall. Had 6 questions done after an hour and a half, then sat there for 5 minutes smiling at myself!

This paper would have great if I'd been able to get sleep last night. Only managed 4 hours. :(

I got 7Qs done. I was able to fit the 7th question in because I really wasn't sure of 5(b) and 6(b) so I pretty much didn't do anything for either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

So, what did people think? Nice paper? I thought it was ok. I was amazed at part (a) in the relative velocity question, it's pretty much identical to one that's in Text and Tests. 1(b) was pretty nice, too.

What did people get for k in 10(b)(ii)?

1/g

Fringe wrote: »
    1/g
    I think that's what I got too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement