Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I want an Alfa GT..... so 1.9JTD or 2.0JTS???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

unfortunately the red leather seats does nothin for me. Dont like em.

Yea I noticed that on the wing alright, but my mates GT has the same sort of "gap" between the bumper and the wing so I thought that was normal.

I was looking to go with a dealer to get some warrenty and to trade in my current motor.

I also saw this one. the red is nice.
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/GT/1.8-SPOR/200950196128329/advert?channel=CARS

EDIT: Dang... thats the petrol model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I also saw this one. the red is nice.
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/GT/1.8-SPOR/200950196128329/advert?channel=CARS

EDIT: Dang... thats the petrol model.

That's a really nice colour-Roubino Red I believe-and it has nice wheels too. Both the colour and the wheels are rare enough options.

Not only is it petrol, it's the 1.8 and not the 2.0. But have you actually driven either?

bazz26 wrote: »

Maybe it's the light, but I don't think I've ever seen a GT in that colour before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Romeo/GT/1.9-JDM/200945195747817/advert?channel=CARS

This car I have fell in love with. Perfect colour and I love the seats....only prob is the price tag

There's also the problem of the dealer. Have a google, or a search on here...

What I want to know, is what work is required at the 60k mark, timing belt etc and whats a rough price and more importantly.....What do ya all think of these GT's

Cheers
    V

I like the first 2, not the 3rd.

On the JTD at the 60k/4 year mark, best to change the timing belt and water pump. I can't tell you how much I paid, cos I got other optional (upgraded discs and pads etc) done at that same time. €500-€600 I'd say-if you give Gerry Campbell a call, he can probably give you an estimate.

I have had a 'glow plug error' on start up for about a year now-it's only really caused an issue in the recent severe cold (-5 etc) when it took a bit longer to fire-I'm getting them changed at the next service.

Check the depth on the tyres on whatever car you buy-replacing 17s on this car with decent tyres will cost you....

FYI, get your alignment checked ASAP after buying and get the 'toe-in' on the front set to zero (NOT the recommended factory settings) or your tyres will wear quicker.

• Advertisement

Cheers All.

The down side with that Red GT is its petrol and I was hoping to go the 1.9JTD route.

@Redsoxfan. Any idea how much the tyres generally cost for the 17's?

Cheers All.

The down side with that Red GT is its petrol and I was hoping to go the 1.9JTD route.

How many miles per week/annum do you do?
    @Redsoxfan. Any idea how much the tyres generally cost for the 17's?

1st change I got Goodyear F1s from camskill for €421 (plus €80 fitting etc.)
    2nd change I got Toyos from camskill for €310 (plus €80 fitting etc)

Of course there are cheaper options, but I do like the Toyos...

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    How many miles per week/annum do you do?
    About 250 miles per week, sometimes more

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    1st change I got Goodyear F1s from camskill for €421 (plus €80 fitting etc.)
    2nd change I got Toyos from camskill for €310 (plus €80 fitting etc)

Of course there are cheaper options, but I do like the Toyos...

Well I usually buy tyres at 120euro each so I take it I gotta treat myself if I get the GT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Well I usually buy tyres at 120euro each so I take it I gotta treat myself if I get the GT :D[/QUOTE]

I take you just like giving the money away ! ;)

4 tyres for my Porsche + 2 for my 9-3 from Camkskill, €460 inc fitting. That's 6 tyres..........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    I take you just like giving the money away ! ;)

4 tyres for my Porsche + 2 for my 9-3 from Camkskill, €460 inc fitting. That's 6 tyres..........

well i checked Camskill and it wasnt much cheaper for the tyres I currently use. Ill have to check it for the Alfa GT tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement