Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody done the Ouija board

Options
  • 12-06-2009 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

well how did it go? we did it in school. man when that glass starts to move....oh brother.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I'd never go near them, not with the possible risks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

tolteq wrote: »
    well how did it go? we did it in school. man when that glass starts to move....oh brother.

Is that you Hulk Hogan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Yes I tried it before. There are no risks whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Is that you Hulk Hogan?

No, my name's anthony. Hulk Hogan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I would have no issue with using one as long as the peoiple I was doing it with where in the same frame of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Is that you Hulk Hogan?

lmao !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN MEAN GENE

THE OUIJA BOARD IS THE TOOL OF THE FORCES OF EVIL DUDE

There is a MEGA thread on Ouija Boards here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054983163

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It's as real as the tooth fairy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN MEAN GENE

THE OUIJA BOARD IS THE TOOL OF THE FORCES OF EVIL DUDE

LMFAO

COME AND FEEL THE POWAH OF THE ULLTIMATE WARRIOIR!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

WHAT YA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Back on topic please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Hasbro or some toy company have their own version out of it at the moment.
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266493
    As far as I'm aware it started off as a toy in France at the turn of the 20th century(probably wrong,should wiki it but too damned lazy).
    Had a few goes on them when I was a kid, also made my own from wood from a coffin when I was a teenager(know it was stupid and disrespectful now, but was young so...). Never had a bad experience on them but know some people who did.I believe its the same as anything with the occult, like taking acid, if you're confident enough and firmly believe that no harm will come , none will.But of course you could be unlucky enough to get a bad trip or be a personality type that can get obsessed with it and end up letting it ruin your life.

Origins: The ouija board, while probably the best known and controversial occult tool, was certainly not the first, nor the last. People have used a vast litany of tools over the years to communicate with the dead, or with spirits of more exotic origins. From Africans using hallucinogenic drugs, to tribal dances, Shamans throwing bones and Greeks reading portents, the ouija board has inherited a long legacy. Its title comes from the rather inglorious combination of the German and French words for “yes”, referring to the “yes/no” answers on the board.

The board’s popularity rose with the Spiritualism movement in the 1800s, and was widely sold as a novelty game. It was in fact patented, and there has been much controversy in the past over the ownership, but to this day Parker Brothers legally own the right to the ouija board. Some use specially cleansed and blessedtools, others use a board they bought in a shop, while some again prefer to simply write the alphabet out on a piece of paper and use a glass or a ring.

I only put an article up last week on Paranormal.ie: http://www.paranormal.ie/

Advertisement