Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"If I'm not out there training, someone else is."

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Week 4 Day 1

PM 40 min easy

Due to time constraints i was only able to manage to fit in an easy forty min running after college and before work. Maybe good idea after race yesterday though i felt okay

Week 4 Day 2

AM 30 min easy
    PM 5x2 min hills (Hell Fire Club)

Body was not feeling good at all today. As the reps went on i just felt worse and worse. Despite this most of the reps i was getting further than last week bar the 4th one

Week 4 Day 3

AM 30 min easy
    PM 60 min easy

Body still feeling terrible possibly run down or something so i gonna book myself in for a massage and start on multi vitamins tomorrow

Week 4 Day 4

3x2 k on track: Target time: 6.40 w/2 min recovery

6.41, 6.41, 4.12 (1200m)

Only a single today easing back for the race at the weekend.Body still feeling terrible so i have a feeling a may be run down which not ideal for the race at the weekend. struggled to keep the place and last one managed to do 80,80 and then final lap dropped to 90 for no reason so i pulled out rather than flog a dead horse. Been a terrible week i just hoping that what i have started taking will help with the fatigue

Week 4 Day 5

REST

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭DJS

ecoli wrote: »
    Week 4 Day 4

3x2 k on track: Target time: 6.40 w/2 min recovery

6.41, 6.41, 4.12 (1200m)

Only a single today easing back for the race at the weekend.Body still feeling terrible so i have a feeling a may be run down which not ideal for the race at the weekend. struggled to keep the place and last one managed to do 80,80 and then final lap dropped to 90 for no reason so i pulled out rather than flog a dead horse. Been a terrible week i just hoping that what i have started taking will help with the fatigue

If u had have ran a 90 or sumthing like that it wudnt have been a total watse of a session! It was a good workout regarless of the 1200,
    Keep the faith man, We'll Novices and then u can rest up and hittin some serious training when ur back fresh!

Week 4 Day 6

Rest

With the race tommorow and how s**t i feeling all week decided to just rest up again today in the hope that it will stand to me

Week 4 Day 7

Dublin Novices 6k XC

Despite two days rest i was still feeling pretty bad today but seeing as a i was a scoring members of the team i knew giving it a miss was not an option. Race went out slow but i made sure i went out even slower because i knew i would struggle. My breathing felt like i was going very easy though by lap two my body was completely shot. The same feeling as i have been getting all week. as the race went on i went backwards and just had nothing. Put in a good sprint at the end but it was pointless as i had been running so bad.
    Finishing time: 21:55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Week 4 Day 7

Dublin Novices 6k XC

Despite two days rest i was still feeling pretty bad today but seeing as a i was a scoring members of the team i knew giving it a miss was not an option. Race went out slow but i made sure i went out even slower because i knew i would struggle. My breathing felt like i was going very easy though by lap two my body was completely shot. The same feeling as i have been getting all week. as the race went on i went backwards and just had nothing. Put in a good sprint at the end but it was pointless as i had been running so bad.
    Finishing time: 21:55
    Hard luck today, seem to have some bug or something , Still did great to get around and finish well, a couple of days rest and you'll be back in form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Week 4 Day 7

Dublin Novices 6k XC

Race went out slow

:eek:
    That was slow? :D
    Got a good picture of you finishing, should be up in an hour or two, well done

• Advertisement

shels4ever wrote: »
    Hard luck today, seem to have some bug or something , Still did great to get around and finish well, a couple of days rest and you'll be back in form.

Yeah i think i may be run down so i have booked myself for blood tests tommorow try and get this sorted ASAP while i have few weeks not racing now till the seniors

Woddle wrote: »
    Got a good picture of you finishing, should be up in an hour or two, well done

Well a bit slower than the leaders usually take it out yeah. Cheers i will have to have a look later. You were like a ninja today stealthily slipping into the starting line. What made you decide to try run it?

You were like a ninja today stealthily slipping into the starting line. What made you decide to try run it?

The lads made me realise it's not the end of the world if I have a bad result, so I was actually happy to line out but was def a bridge too far.

The lads made me realise it's not the end of the world if I have a bad result, so I was actually happy to line out but was def a bridge too far.

Well it gives you something to aim for and may help focus the training which seems a bit all over the place between marathons and 5k and everything in between these days:p

Take more positive from the run, 12 months time there is no reason we can't be in the top 50-75% of the field,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Have to agree with ecoli there - any xc where you're not thinking at the start 'this is the fastest 100m I've ever run in my life' is a slow starting xc :D. Wait till the Nat. Novice...

Have to agree with ecoli there - any xc where you're not thinking at the start 'this is the fastest 100m I've ever run in my life' is a slow starting xc :D. Wait till the Nat. Novice...

I think I'll stick to camera duties those days :D

Week 5 Day 1 & 2

Rest

Still feeling bad so i went to the doctor on tues and he sending me to get a battery of blood tests in the morning and advised to maybe lay off training till i get the results back though given his lax opinion on it i may be able to start doin a few easy half hours from thurs just to keep some sort of fitness as it will be a few days till the results atleast

Week 5 Day 3

REST

Got my bloods taken today so i still out i think i may try do the odd half hour come fri because i have been training so well and i dont want it all to go to waste and the results wont be in till next week i cant afford that much time off

Week 5 Day 4, 5,

REST

• Advertisement

Week 5 Day 6

35 min easy

Despite doctors advice i decided to keep the fitness up with a few half hour runs. This one didnt go well as like i had been feeling before i had very sick feeling for the rest of the day

Week 5 Day 7

REST

Week 6 Day 1

30 min easy

I need to keep the fitness up so i was willing to suffer the sick feeling and do a little bit every day until i get my bloods back. Didnt feel too bad today but still not better

Week 6 Day 2

30 min easy

Week 6 day 3

30 min easy

Still no sign of the results so i gonna start a session tommorrow and see how i feel if i feel i am back to myself then i will resume full training hopefully

Week 6 day 4

30 min easy

Week 6 day 5

60 min easy

got my results back and got the all cear so putting it down to either bit of a cold or just sheer tiredness due to the fact i was getting about 5 hours sleep most but i back now ready to roll

Week 6 Day 5

4x1300m (Phoenix park loop)

4.31, 4.39, 4.38 and 4.45

with my first session back i didnt know what to expect so i said i would take the first one easy. By the second rep however the wind picked up majorly to near gail force so i know that the times wee going out the window. by the last one i was working much harder than i should have been for them times but i was happy to finish and take out the win i reckon i am same as where i left off two weeks ago

Week 6 Day 5

4x1300m (Phoenix park loop)

4.31, 4.39, 4.38 and 4.45

with my first session back i didnt know what to expect so i said i would take the first one easy. By the second rep however the wind picked up majorly to near gail force so i know that the times wee going out the window. by the last one i was working much harder than i should have been for them times but i was happy to finish and take out the win i reckon i am same as where i left off two weeks ago

Were you in there about 10:30 this morning ?

• Advertisement

shels4ever wrote: »
    Were you in there about 10:30 this morning ?

No was about 1. That spot is very popular with runners on a sat morning most guys who use that loop run it on saturday mornings

Advertisement