Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

points rise

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Des23 wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't argue with that.

I would feel very hard done by though, if I got ~570 in my leaving and went through what is supposed to be deemed one of the 'top courses' (now I know that is a gross generalization and I wouldn't agree with it, but that is the perception out there) an extremely demanding course for 4 years, plus another registration year earning little more than minimum wage and still having to do more exams, and after ALL that not being able to get a job, I would be annoyed.

It is just that its perceived to be like Medicine and Dentistry where jobs are guaranteed as well as very good initial pay, which is not the case.

Well if it is the degree you are after, with the Trinity course you also get a B.Sc. as well as the B.Pharm. , but that mightn't be viable or whatever, just said I'd put it out there.

Letters mean **** all!:pac: Its the grade of degree that matters. I know myself that if I hopefully get pharmacy I will have to work hard to get at least a 2:1 if not a 1. Jobs are becoming more scarce day by day. Sure the new mcdonalds in ennis limerick , is full of lawyers and solicitors who couldnt get jobs!http://www.independent.ie/national-news/professionals-join-scramble-for-mcdonalds-jobs-1659045.html

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Des23 wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't argue with that.

I would feel very hard done by though, if I got ~570 in my leaving and went through what is supposed to be deemed one of the 'top courses' (now I know that is a gross generalization and I wouldn't agree with it, but that is the perception out there) an extremely demanding course for 4 years, plus another registration year earning little more than minimum wage and still having to do more exams, and after ALL that not being able to get a job, I would be annoyed.

I agree - but if you are willing to travel to find a job, it's still a very good course to choose... It actually sounds great to me now - if I get Pharmacy, I'm thinking of heading to Australia if there's no jobs when I qualify :D

Advertisement