Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taking chances in accounting

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Actually..

Patents (incorporating suspense) - Here you add it it on.

Patent (including suspense) - Here you take it out.

Confusing as feck, especically in an exam!

:eek::eek:
    Thanks!!

But.....when its patents (incorporating 3 months investment income).....im pretty sure you add it! All the company acs ive ever done are done that way....:confused: When you're talking investment income, not the suspense....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Ah yes, same thing! (Sorry if i confused you even more :P) And then in the balance sheet you take out the written off patents from the original patents figure.

Ah yes, same thing! (Sorry if i confused you even more :P) And then in the balance sheet you take out the written off patents from the original patents figure.

Yup, thats grand, thanks! Had me quite confused there....doubting my accounting skills :p:pac:

Anyone think that section 2 could be a combination of published/cash flow/correction of errors/farm? I think thats the only situation where i would be absolutely f*cked :eek::eek:

O, and if they threw in a departmental. And added a costing bit to Q9. I think i would actually leave :o

Section 2 should be, Interpretation, Published and Incomplete. I'm covering published, incomplete, tabular and service just to be safe though!

Section 3 has always had me confused...

Section 2 should be, Interpretation, Published and Incomplete. I'm covering published, incomplete, tabular and service just to be safe though!

Section 3 has always had me confused...

Im covering ratios (horrible Q but its more or less guaranteed!), incomplete (both ways), and then tabular, club and service.

As for Q9, if they stick to the way it SHOULD go, i know flexible, cash and product really well, so ill be fine as long as they dont put in any costing like the way they messed up the Q8 last year :mad:

• Advertisement

I was going to do ratios... but they just won't stay in my head!! Gah!! And i hate the way published accounts seem to have different rules when it comes to the purchase or sale of land.... Actually the rules are different for alot of things in published...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

I was going to do ratios... but they just won't stay in my head!! Gah!! And i hate the way published accounts seem to have different rules when it comes to the purchase or sale of land.... Actually the rules are different for alot of things in published...

+1 ....i really want to leave published a/c out but if suspense or control came up together with published i d be screwed ..

-_- ...

Suspense or control aren't gonna come up :S

*Eduacated guess*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

*Eduacated guess*

i hope now..lets see 2moro =) i hope you are right...

*Eduacated guess*

Thats what i like to hear :D:D

All the blame might be coming back to you tomorrow night :p

• Advertisement

Hmm.. Never thought of that...

PREPARE FOR EVERYTHING PEOPLE!!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stylee

there's no way i cant get out of learning ratios or published no:confused:
    god, wel that sucks..
    im terrible at the whole learning off in accountancy because i can never remember them and i end up getting all confused and getting a big-fat ZERO... i dont know what to do now!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I have kinda done service, published, interpretation, incomplete both types, depreciation, tabulars and cash budgeting.

Hopefully it works out okay for everyone.

Advertisement