Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL Paper two - Irish

Options
  • 09-06-2009 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Ahhh...

Been home 20 minutes now, thank God for dropping to Comedy Level Irish in time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Ahhh...

Been home 20 minutes now, thank God for dropping to Comedy Level Irish in time.

Was finished after 40 mins but didn't want to be the first to leave, didn't leave untill half past.

Never have to do irish again!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrSnuffleupagus

No more Irish! :D

Left after 40 minutes... Not counting it for points so I didn't really care about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Last OL student to leave my centre at 10.35.No more Irish forever!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

oh so ez

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Well that was easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

ya i cant believe i am home now, i live 15min drive from school.. i left at 10.35 but there were still loads of ol students still in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Left after a little over an hour. I was one of the last to leave too.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

This morning

Left at 5 past 10! didnt remember any characters names or anything i even for got clares name from clares sa speir till the last few minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Left at 5 past 10 but then realised I forgot to answer why I liked Gealt. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I left after an hour, that exam was lovely!

Except the Fiche Bliain ag fás question was sort of weird, what do you think of the bean an tí?

"uh she's brilliant , I remember the laughs we shared"

DOes anybody know the name of the main character in Lig Sinn i gCathú? I wrote about it and kept saying "an Mac Léinn" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

phasers wrote: »
    I left after an hour, that exam was lovely!

Except the Fiche Bliain ag fás question was sort of weird, what do you think of the bean an tí?

"uh she's brilliant , I remember the laughs we shared"
    /QUOTE]

Yeah I had no idea what to say for that. Just said she was clever cos she knew it was their first time drinking.

Micheál Ó Meálóid

I did the questions on Lig Sin I Gcathú rather than Fiche Bliain, awful story so boring :S "Two inbred people go to a pub sometime in the stone age" wild stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

it's only 18% so if your not looking for points in Irish it doesnt mean shizzle!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

I only wrote 3 pages! :p and our place was empty at like half 10! what a joke of a paper. only worth 10 marks more than the comprehensions in paper 1! Ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I was one of the last to leave, and that was still about an hour and a half early... :D

I managed to write a page for an 8mark question lol! :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Finished at 10:05 :pac:

Finished Irish for ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Micheál Ó Meálóid

I did the questions on Lig Sin I Gcathú rather than Fiche Bliain, awful story so boring :S "Two inbred people go to a pub sometime in the stone age" wild stuff.

It's actually Mairtin O Mealoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I finished at 10:45 because I wrote about 6 pages :pac:

Now I never have to do Irish again. . . . Unless I'm payed for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ThatWouldBeNice

Very pointless question, left after 45 mins. Don't actually think I did that well because I didn't study, so coulod only answer on what I remember in class, but I did well in P1, the oral and the listening so should be grand.

No more Irish ever :)

• Advertisement

I actually didn't see the point of turning up tbh. It is only worth 18% overall so there's no pressure.

If you get a C3 in your oral, listening and paper I, then you pass with 44% (Worked it out today) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I did completely awful on it. Was hoping it would ask about Cearrmhac Mhac Caba. Pretty sure I got less then 20% if even close to that :(

Oh well, I made my Bed.

Occono wrote: »
    I did completely awful on it. Was hoping it would ask about Cearrmhac Mhac Caba. Pretty sure I got less then 20% if even close to that :(

Oh well, I made my Bed.

You know you could have picked Carrbhach Mac Cába for part B, didn't you?

I chose gliceas for that part. Wrote about a page :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

^I did but I don't think anything I wrote was in any way relevant to the questions (I'm really piss-poor at even understanding basic Gaelige. What does gliceas mean?)

Occono wrote: »
    ^I did but I don't think anything I wrote was in any way relevant to the questions (I'm really piss-poor at even understanding basic Gaelige. What does gliceas mean?)

Well 'Glic' means sly, so I assumed it means slyness :o

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

I was so glad everything that was tipped came up, I'd be screwed otherwise! I'm horrendous at Irish but I'm hoping I scraped enough ****e together to pass.

ALincoln wrote: »
    It's actually Mairtin O Mealoid.

That is the one! I did write Martin with some random i's and fadas so I'm sound. This is a good sign - the Irish is leaving me forevahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

must be the only one who stayed the full time:eek:
    what was with the way in part a of the pros they cut out one of the questions?nomally there are 3 to choose from.
    anyway it was a great paper, all the stuff that was expected came up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Easy enough even if I did no study. Such ****e though. Most pointless excuse for an exam ever thought up. I probably had a pass before going in so should have stayed at home and done some history!

Left just after an hour to study some business. Was worth it too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

leesmom wrote: »
    must be the only one who stayed the full time:eek:
    what was with the way in part a of the pros they cut out one of the questions?nomally there are 3 to choose from.
    anyway it was a great paper, all the stuff that was expected came up
    yeah, thats the first thing i noticed after opening it, and also that the faoiseamh poem wasn't there. Was it not up on the last 4-5 papers?

Advertisement