Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mc Donalds (City Centre) Rant

Options
  • 08-06-2009 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I would just like to put this out there to see if anyone here feels the same.
    Basically i have a four year old daughter and like most she begs me every time we go to town to bring her to Mc Donalds.(the pull of the happy meal toy)
    I refuse anymore because of the general filth of this place, the downstairs toilet floors are usually just covered in piss everywhere.The floors and stairs are black with dirt i mean do we really have to put up with this?
    In fairness I should probably go in there to complain but I doubt it would make an ounce of difference.
    And on another note i dont want her to have to listen to SOME of the mothers in there cursing blue murder at their kids or wacking them upside the head.

.......Phew that feels better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

E.L wrote: »
    I would just like to put this out there to see if anyone here feels the same.
    Basically i have a four year old daughter and like most she begs me every time we go to town to bring her to Mc Donalds.(the pull of the happy meal toy)
    I refuse anymore because of the general filth of this place, the downstairs toilet floors are usually just covered in piss everywhere.The floors and stairs are black with dirt i mean do we really have to put up with this?
    In fairness I should probably go in there to complain but I doubt it would make an ounce of difference.
    And on another note i dont want her to have to listen to SOME of the mothers in there cursing blue murder at their kids or wacking them upside the head.

.......Phew that feels better.

Well done you must feel better, I totally agree, honestly try the one in the cresent, bus leaves BT every 15 mins if transport is an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭robgloster

I find the drive-thru is the best way to deal with this filth. Cresent,Jetland, Supper Quin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BeanieBaby

Bring your child out to Supermacs on the Ennis Road.

Support Irish establishments rather than faceless multinationals. And the food is much nicer too.

Forgot to say, they do a children's meal as well and the toys are nicer, much more practical than plastic stuff that becomes meaningless after a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

BeanieBaby wrote: »

Support Irish establishments rather than faceless multinationals. And the food is much nicer too.

Forgot to say, they do a children's meal as well and the toys are nicer, much more practical than plastic stuff that becomes meaningless after a matter of minutes.
    Definately, SuperMacs are delicious.

But like a previous poster, I find the drive-thrus better, especially the one at SuperQuinn, plenty of space and all.

The one in the centre is usually mobbed anyway, better off going for something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Mc Donalds is a franchise. A franchise liscensed to a Irish(probably) family. A family who provides employment for the area, a franchise that buys in produce from irish farms. Please read up on this before spouting patriotic nonsense.

• Advertisement

kona wrote: »
    Mc Donalds is a franchise. A franchise liscensed to a Irish(probably) family. A family who provides employment for the area, a franchise that buys in produce from irish farms. Please read up on this before spouting patriotic nonsense.

Yes, and a significant proportion of profits are exported to pay for the franchise licence.

Supermacs are a wholly Irish owned company.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Im sure supermacs count how many chips you get in each bag, usually between 7-10 chips! Their burgers however are awesome! Drive-thrus FTW though OP, its not just the filth of these places that gets to me but they seem to be a magnet for scummers also, especially in the city centre where you are often greeted with abuse as you enter the prememsis (Mc Donalds).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Yes, and a significant proportion of profits are exported to pay for the franchise licence.

Supermacs are a wholly Irish owned company.

But a more significant amout is kept in the country. Ironically by being "patriotic" and spouting that crap your actually reccomending people to remove custom from irish owned businesses. Mc Donalds does far more for the Irish economy than supermacs.

Telling people to avoid based on economics is quite foolish and ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Speaking as a parent of two kids I find it's a lot easier if you just instill in them from an early age the fact that any chipper (Irish or multinational) is just bad for them and then treat visits to these places as treats of the highest order.

Then the two or so visits they get there of a year are cherished and not expected. Keeps them excited about visiting the place and keeps me from having to deal with crying kids everytime we pass the place in the car.

Kona, I'm neither foolish nor ignorant.

Of course McDonalds contributes more to Irish distributors - because they have far more outlets.

Supermacs have a limited number of outlets in a limited region.

But there is the issue of a franchise licence being paid abroad and the fact still remains that Supermacs is Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Speaking as a parent of two kids I find it's a lot easier if you just instill in them from an early age the fact that any chipper (Irish or multinational) is just bad for them and then treat visits to these places as treats of the highest order.

Then the two or so visits they get there of a year are cherished and not expected. Keeps them excited about visiting the place and keeps me from having to deal with crying kids everytime we pass the place in the car.

Touché!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Micky D's food is just as disgraceful as the cleanliness of their O'Connell Street outlet. Their food is definately off limits for my child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The health inspector should have gone to specsavers (a few units away)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dumb

In all fairness now most outlets in the city are dirt.

LOL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I prefer other food outlets to McDonalds but I definately will not set foot in McDonalds on Cruises St.

The upstairs is never open, the place is always packed and mostly packed with people not eating just sitting on their a*ss. The service is terrible, the food is below par on other McDonalds and the equipment is badly maintained.(From Professional experience).

On the Support your own argument. Supermacs definately give more money to my company than McDonalds who buy their Stainless Stell Equipment from the UK but everything else from Irish sellers.

Their food is definately produced from Irish farms.

The Franchisee in Cruises St owns the Crescent also and somebody else owns the Superquinn site.

Example. Head into McDonalds in Roscrea early in the morning and into the drive thru. The Irish woman who serves you is the owner. :D

Head over to burger King for nicer food.

Supermacs on O'Connell St is filthy as well.(Professional experience)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

+1000

an old neighbour of mine years ago had a saying " a little clean dirt never killed any body"

I would be far more concerned about getting your kids hooked on to a junk food diet. if you don't encourage them at an early age to eat healthy food, what chance have they when they grow older,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I love the logic of this.

This stuff is really really bad for you.
    But if you're really really good you can have it.

Here's some domestos. It's really really bad for you.
    But if you're really really good you can have it.

Ohhh Yeah! If the kids are good we'll fill them with salt and saturated fat. That's some parenting!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 E.L

While I agree with most of the comments above, I do not feel its fair to make out that I fill my child with saturated fat.
    I dont bring her there every month and she always gets the fruit bag instead of chips and a juice or water which is her choice as she prefers that.

To compare me giving her mc donalds to giving her domestos is a bit OTT.
    I think some need to take a step down from their high horse and I find it amazing that someone suggested that there was a fear of her becoming hooked on junk food,
    I mean I did'nt ever state that she was unhealthy or eating there regularily this is what YOU assume. Everything in moderation is my motto , you stick to your organic 100% safe and healthy diet of nuts and vegan produce and we will stick to ours..everyones happy.

While I agree with most of the comments above, I do not feel its fair to make out that I fill my child with saturated fat.
    I dont bring her there every month and she always gets the fruit bag instead of chips and a juice or water which is her choice as she prefers that.

To compare me giving her mc donalds to giving her domestos is a bit OTT.
    I think some need to take a step down from their high horse and I find it amazing that someone suggested that there was a fear of her becoming hooked on junk food,
    I mean I did'nt ever state that she was unhealthy or eating there regularily this is what YOU assume. Everything in moderation is my motto , you stick to your organic 100% safe and healthy diet of nuts and vegan produce and we will stick to ours..everyones happy.

Christ. You take the child to McDonalds for a FRUIT BAG. :D What's that about? :confused: That fruit bag is probably unhealthy too. It's very likely. We've seen all the facts about this.

This child will rebel in the future and when she is older well tell you to stuff your fruit bag and tht she wants chips. She will say "Why the fuc.k would I go to McDonalds for a FRUITY BAG?" :P

• Advertisement

Dumb wrote: »
    Christ. You take the child to McDonalds for a FRUIT BAG. :D What's that about? :confused: That fruit bag is probably unhealthy too. It's very likely. We've seen all the facts about this.

This child will rebel in the future and when she is older well tell you to stuff your fruit bag and tht she wants chips. She will say "Why the fuc.k would I go to McDonalds for a FRUITY BAG?" :P

Jesus you're really getting worked up about this:rolleyes:... If you read the OP you will see I said she wanted the happy meal toy.
    "For christ sake arrest me now for child abuse! ,
    I ADMIT I HAVE BROUGHT MY CHILD TO MC DONALDS!!!! HOW WILL I EVER FORGIVE MYSELF WAHHHHH"

Jesus you're really getting worked up about this:rolleyes:... If you read the OP you will see I said she wanted the happy meal toy.
    "For christ sake arrest me now for child abuse! ,
    I ADMIT I HAVE BROUGHT MY CHILD TO MC DONALDS!!!! HOW WILL I EVER FORGIVE MYSELF WAHHHHH"

Yeah...but why buy a fruity bag. Did she actually eat that?

I'd be just as worried about the fruit as the chip, burgers etc. They are full of filth too. God only knows where they've been.

Yeah...but why buy a fruity bag. Did she actually eat that?

I'd be just as worried about the fruit as the chip, burgers etc. They are full of filth too. God only knows where they've been.

They are basically like the prepackaged fruit bags that you can get in dunnes e.t.c http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3604/3400026625_fa5e2a315e.jpg
    Are you saying you have never ever eaten sweets as a child with the amount of chemicals in those.
    In fairness what is safe to eat these days ?

And why would'nt she eat a bag of fruit ?? kids love fruit!

LOL. You took a photo of it. Yeah alright so.

LOL. You took a photo of it. Yeah alright so.

No i did not take a photo , Google....Images !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I only made my post in jest, but it appears this "dumb" character has some serious issues about McDonalds/life. Lighten up FFS.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I only made my post in jest, but it appears this "dumb" character has some serious issues about McDonalds/life. Lighten up FFS.

Well excuse me if I don't want to eat that heap of shoite. If you want to eat it then by all means go ahead. Clog yourself up with a load of salt and sugar and fat. YUCK :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Well excuse me if I don't want to eat that heap of shoite. If you want to eat it then by all means go ahead. Clog yourself up with a load of salt and sugar and fat. YUCK :eek:

Guys dont feed this troll (Pardon the pun):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Guys dont feed this troll (Pardon the pun):rolleyes:

Ironically, look who thanked you.(besides me) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

i personally would never go to mc donalds, place is mobbed with scummers..but saying that (and i only say this cos i only eat take aways on nights out) burger king has to be the messiest place iv ever been in on a night out, i remember one night EVERY inch of the floor was full of food and rubbish and some guy was walking to leave and just randomly projectile vomited everywhere..soooo bad, never been back since!

and on the supermacs rant, its probably the best place to get a take away, 100 percent irish owned and has an outlet in every major suburb including town and dock road so they are popping up in Limerick

Advertisement