Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary level MATHS , Aftermath.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 karloneill23

just looked at my aswers becasue he was doing the exam kind of himself while we were doing it....

i wrote all of my answers on the exam booklet and kept it

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭don101

phasers wrote: »
    I thought you had to seal them immediately to avoid tampering?
    my supervisor is a maths teacher and i wrote all of my answers on my exam book and after he went trough it with me and said i got full marks on all q's!!!
    away!

you see! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh right

i didnt do it but how would i go about doing Q 4 B the triangle proof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I got the 137m^2, how the hell did I get the other part wrong.:confused:

Did anyone get part ii on question 1.C.?
    haloauto wrote: »
    137 = 100%
    1.37= 1%
    7/1.37 = ;)

I got 10%...

137/100=1.37

1.37*7=9.59

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I got 4%, I think I rounded the wrong way :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭fabgooner

AR-15 wrote: »
    I was wondering whether i got that question right or not but that's exactly what i got. We can't both be wrong, can we?
    ya thats exctly what i got :D

ya i got it. you use the volume formula for a cylinder. you then sub in the previous volume of 36pi. the height of the cylinder is given to you as 2.25 cm. the pi's either side cancel out and then you are just left with a simple sum to find the radius

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Someone wrote in a load of formulas in the log tables I was given, which was handy enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

THought that went pretty bad for me.
    Liner Programming was fine, should get full marks in that. Probabilty part B for some reason didnt click with me, and when I went out it came back to me after a while. :(
    Part A and C were grand for me though.
    Statistics was good enough, but thats about all that I know I got right, the rest is a lottery.

Paper 1 was good for me, so hoping for at least a pass. Do you think I will get it? Do the examiners bring you up to a D if you get around 35% in the exam, do they just pass you like? Or am I overreacting?

Oh and Irish was possibly the eassiest exam ive ever done. 90% + I honestly think I will get, but P2 is alot different...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Huskey27

so what were the anwsers for the first part of the vectors?
    were they all on the triangle or did you have to draw extra lines?

for the second part i think i made a parellellogram and the top right was the anwser

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

I drew a lovely little stickman diagram for the last part of probability, I might've got some marks for it because I sure as hell didn't get any answers

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

fabgooner wrote: »

ya i got it. you use the volume formula for a cylinder. you then sub in the previous volume of 36pi. the height of the cylinder is given to you as 2.25 cm. the pi's either side cancel out and then you are just left with a simple sum to find the radius

but how can you sub in the 36pi volume?
    thats the volume of the sphere not the cylinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

plodded through section a ok............got to vectors and decided:
    "eh, not in the mood today"

and left early.
    i was a bit sickened that the superintendant took my paper from me as i left however, cos i'd drawn a lovely cartoon zoo on it, oh well i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I didn't revise Linear Programming but sucked at it anyway, attempted Part A then left.

I had nailed every other q due to knowing formulae (thank all that's Maths for John Brennan and his simple .pdf of heaven)

phic wrote: »
    but how can you sub in the 36pi volume?
    thats the volume of the sphere not the cylinder?

because it dosent ask you 4 the volume of the cylinder just the radius.....you know the spheres volume and the heighthe water rises so if u use ....

i think it was 36.pi cm2 = pi.r2.h

u can figure out the radius of the little section where the water rose and not the whole cylinder
    this threw me off at first but i left it ad remembered i'd say a minute before my test was finished

by the way all of the exams from 2009 that have been sat already are posted on examinations.ie for anyone interested

thats if you're supervisor took your exam booklets off u!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

because it dosent ask you 4 the volume of the cylinder just the radius.....you know the spheres volume and the heighthe water rises so if u use ....

i think it was 36.pi cm2 = pi.r2.h

u can figure out the radius of the little section where the water rose and not the whole cylinder
    this threw me off at first but i left it ad remembered i'd say a minute before my test was finished

but the spheres radius isn't equal to the cylinders radius? because thats how I was gonna do it, but then the cylinder was wider than the sphere so I didn't think it'd work?
    I did it a different way that I can't remember and got 4...anyone else get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

Good luck everybody. Heard paper 1 was great but paper 2 hard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

phic wrote: »
    but the spheres radius isn't equal to the cylinders radius? because thats how I was gonna do it, but then the cylinder was wider than the sphere so I didn't think it'd work?
    I did it a different way that I can't remember and got 4...anyone else get that?
    Volume of object put into water = Volume of water displaced

36pi = pi.r2.2.25(or whatever height the water raised)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stylee

I got 4cm for the radius aswel..god im really hoping that's right now because i only got it right at the very end,

As an ex-honours student i found that paper SO hard, but there again, i always had a problem with paper 2.

Any more answers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

I got the 137m^2, how the hell did I get the other part wrong.:confused:

I got 137m however I just remembered I forgot to put in the ^2.will I lose many marks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

creggy wrote: »
    I got 10%...

137/100=1.37

1.37*7=9.59

I think it's 5%... 7/137 x 100 = 5%

haloauto wrote: »
    Volume of object put into water = Volume of water displaced

36pi = pi.r2.2.25(or whatever height the water raised)

thats exactly it, it was more like a physics question. archimedes principle is that Volume of object put into water = Volume of water displaced

Advertisement