Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK then , what's your excuse for not voting ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

I registered too late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Missed the reg date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

They're all lizards and won't be apart of the new world order

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

not 18 yet

same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

because i couldnt give a **** about this toilet of a country and no matter who u vote for they are going to extract the urine as soon as they get da power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I had a nap and when I woke up it was too late.

Nap > Voting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭googlehead

i have a voting phobia

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Because my stupid council decided I didn't exist this time around, according to them I've never been on the register, even though I voted in the last GE and for the Lisbon thingy last year. I only found out after the deadline for registering...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I fell asleep after my maths exam and didn't wake up 'till half ten.
    Just a tad to late to vote at that stage, i was so pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Lots of you didn't vote

why not ?

I don't know what I'm voting on and therefore I don't wanna throw a vote to some idiot.
    The times didn't suit me either as I was in work all day and went straight to the cinema to see the new Terminator movie.

I like to complain about what's wrong but honestly don't believe anyone can fix it. It's all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 LeTache

I was left in an uncompromising position involving a wardrobe and some rope- didn't get out til after the polling closed :(

I live in Dublin but am still registered at my parents' place in Kerry. I don't think it would have been viable for me to take Friday off work to head down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

betafrog wrote: »
    my non-being Irish kinda got in the way....

Are you living in Ireland? Because I dont think it matters what nationality you are, you can vote in Council elections regardless of your status. (I may be wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Are you living in Ireland? Because I dont think it matters what nationality you are, you can vote in Council elections regardless of your status. (I may be wrong)

You're 100% right. Rules are as follows...

Local elections- All Irish residents.
    European elections- All EU citizens resident in Ireland.
    Dail elections- Irish or UK citizens resident in Ireland.
    Referendums and Presidential elections- Only Irish citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Even if no candidate inspires you , or you think that they are all a shower of **** then vote anyway.

just write on your ballot paper that they are all useless, it will be a spoilt vote but you have made your feelings known.

a spoilt vote is still a vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

jaffa20 wrote: »
    didn't register in time.

even if i had, i probably wouldn't have.

Defo would for general elections though.
    Same here.

Meps/County Councillors have little significance on my life as an 18 year old anyway. I have to laugh at the feeling of superiority among some people here who did vote! Funny stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Dragan wrote: »
    This was already walked all over by Southpark in fairness, and personally i don't see the point in voting for someone, which to me means placing trust and an confidence for, who does not inspire. If no candidates inspire, then why should someone vote? If no one is offering those voters the type of work and effort they want to see at a Government level, why help to put in place someone else?

Serious question as i am starting to think a lot of the r-tards made it into office in the first place because of people "voting to vote".

Great post.

I had quite a few canvasing folk come to my door, hand me a leaflet and not say a bloody word to me! I know I should ask questions but they weren't a bit interested, why should I be? If they want my vote than let me know why I should vote for you for God's sake. And Dragan hit the nail on the head there - not one candidate inspired me to vote for them - and I ALWAYS voted in the past. I don't know what happened. And on Friday I decided I'd more important things to take care, which I had as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 cullig_jp

There is no excuse for not voting. The people who dont vote are always the ones to bitch about the goverment afterwards. An election is the one time they have a chance to have their say and 'they cant be bothered':mad:

K4t wrote: »
    Same here.

Meps/County Councillors have little significance on my life as an 18 year old anyway. I have to laugh at the feeling of superiority among some people here who did vote! Funny stuff.

of course they have an effect on your life , maybe only in a small way but they do.

its the usual i couldnt be bothered doing anything about it but ill bitch about it anyway crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

cullig_jp wrote: »
    There is no excuse for not voting. The people who dont vote are always the ones to bitch about the goverment afterwards. An election is the one time they have a chance to have their say and 'they cant be bothered':mad:

Im considering waiting for the next "Lets whine about de gubberment" thread and then using the people who bitch and the people who didn't bother voting and constructing a lovely venn diagram.

I imagine there will be a fucking huge overlay between the two.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    I couldn't care less, so i didn't vote. Simple really:)

why would you not care about who governs you?

for evil to prosper all it takes is for good men to do nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

Informing yourself about the policies of the people going for this last election is a waste of time imo. Sure they'll all bladder on about this initiative or that initiative that they will be focusing strongly on, but at the end of the day with the country in the state its in, they have little chance of getting anything done at local level, because we're flat broke.

I have first hand experience of this, as I was tryin to get a road resurfaced during the "boom" years and it took me and some neighbours nearly 8 years of harassing the local councillor before we finally got some money.

I always voted FF, and i was nearly goin to join the masses by voting for the opposition this time, but as far as I can see, they are all as clueless as each other. FF will do anything to hold power and the other will do anything to get it, just for the sake of getting it. Does anyone realistically think we'd be better of if the opposition parties were in power right now... give me a break!

I didnt vote and instead decided to give FF a stay of execution till when the GElection is. If we're in a worse position by then, ill vote them out.

Paddo81 wrote: »
    Informing yourself about the policies of the people going for this last election is a waste of time

Magenta'd for filthy, filthy lies.

I did add an "IMO" at the end though! Didnt you know you can sayin anything when you stick and "IMO" on the end. Dont you watch Big Brother - No me either!

I did add an "IMO" at the end though! Didnt you know you can sayin anything when you stick and "IMO" on the end. Dont you watch Big Brother - No me either!

You can say it, it just means i get to tell you that you've got terrible opinions.

You can say it, it just means i get to tell you that you've got terrible opinions.

In your opinion!

In your opinion!

Opinions are like arse holes , everyone has one.

I really wish people would learn that "in my opinion" isn't the end of a goddamn discussion, it's the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

i was too lazy, wasnt registered, awww damn, now i lost my vote, ****....now i cant have a say how the country or whatever is run.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Because 1 vote does not count.

Advertisement