Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are they knocking perfectly good houses in St Marys park?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

does anyone agree with me at all?bazz26 im pretty sure the decent people of at marys park would prefer just to stay where they are,just get the scum sorted.my house was build in 1980 and im sure the quality of it isnt 100%,has an old fuse box etc buts its a solid house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Well, I've spoken to friends in the Moyross region who own their houses, lived there all their lives and would prefer to stay. A family member who works in social services says the same and has indicated people who've been interviewed about it feel the same.

There is a lot of sceptisicm about regeration financially too, especially when the funds required to pull it off effectively are just not there anymore, and there are a lot of other spending anomalies going on with the way it's been managed. FAS anyone ???

There is also the question of where the people who cause trouble are going to go. It's not into short term secure accomodation (aka hostels) anymore as the head of regernation said was going to be the case (about 12 months ago). He said (along with politicians) these people will not get new houses in the regenerated areas. Oh no. They've earmarked these troublemakers for new houses outside the regenerated areas though they will deny it. Of course it's all academic. I think only houses which are old/decrepit will get knocked, I don't think any new houses will ever be built in their place. The regeneration committiee will just pay lip service, make promises, and maybe a few deserving people might get new houses out of this. And those scumbags who are renting who want to move out, will do it anyway through the social rehousing scheme which has been the case for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

grenache wrote: »
    this is the typical sort of reply that annoys the sh*t out of people. You have called his comment dumb and bullsh*t, but you haven't explained why you think that. If you're going to criticise another poster's comment, at least be constructive about it, pleeeeeeezzzzzzz!

Go back and read it again... esp the part in "BOLD" .... If you still can't understand why I called it dumb come back to me..

Oh Yeah I didn't call it "bullsh*t", I called it "boll##ks"...

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

this is the typical sort of reply that annoys the sh*t out of people. You have called his comment dumb and bullsh*t, but you haven't explained why you think that. If you're going to criticise another poster's comment, at least be constructive about it, pleeeeeeezzzzzzz!

to me it looks like berty's comment on 59% not being most was the problem,,he said 75% was considered most:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

tantipie wrote: »
    to me it looks like berty's comment on 59% not being most was the problem,,he said 75% was considered most:eek:
    75% IS most! What would you consider 'most' to be?

• Advertisement

baza1976 wrote: »
    Go back and read it again... esp the part in "BOLD" .... If you still can't understand why I called it dumb come back to me..

Oh Yeah I didn't call it "bullsh*t", I called it "boll##ks"...
    The comments in BOLD print are not even yours, they are Bertys that you've just highlighted! So no, i still cant understand why you think they're dumb, because you've not said so yourself. You've merely said his comments are stupid, without giving a REASON why you are of this opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I often put my name into the Boards.ie search function to see who is making references to me and this page came up.

My opinions are merely my own. My facts are taken from the Regeneration Office website.

I have nothing more to say on this subject/this thread.

75% IS most! What would you consider 'most' to be?

I would consider anything greater then 50% to more, most, greater what ever you want it spelt to you.

The comments in BOLD print are not even yours, they are Bertys that you've just highlighted! So no, i still cant understand why you think they're dumb, because you've not said so yourself. You've merely said his comments are stupid, without giving a REASON why you are of this opinion.

I didn't say his comments were stupid.. I said it was "dumb"...

Yes I know they are bertys comments, and my comment was about them...

My reason, as someone else with a higher intelligence than yours has already pointed out is regarding the statement about what is most.........jezzzzzzzzz your hard work.......

I would consider anything greater then 50% to more, most, greater what ever you want it spelt to you.
    So you're agreeing with my viewpoint that 75% is most then :confused:
    I didn't say his comments were stupid.. I said it was "dumb"..........
    And the difference is?? You're being slightly pedantic there.
    Yes I know they are bertys comments, and my comment was about them........
    Yes we've established that.
    My reason, as someone else with a higher intelligence than yours has already pointed out is regarding the statement about what is most.........jezzzzzzzzz your hard work.......
    And you're even harder work! You've still given no explanation as to why you think his comments are 'dumb'. The whole point of these boards is the expression of opinions and the backing up of them. You've expressed an opinion but not backed it up. Or is that too hard for you to grasp?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

grenache you are a spastic... THERE i said it..

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

well it looks to me that grenache has put no input into this topic at all and only came in to pass a comment on someone elses comment,,nothing at all about the thread title??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

ilovecars wrote: »
    grenache you are a spastic... THERE i said it..

ilovecars infraction for personal abuse... THERE i did it.

tantipie wrote: »
    well it looks to me that grenache has put no input into this topic at all and only came in to pass a comment on someone elses comment,,nothing at all about the thread title??
    Yep, you're dead right. :) But i did manage to pick a hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

Mr.E you are a complete arse bandit.. stick your infraction wherever the **** you like.. WANKER.. there i said it and did it.. PLEASE BAN ME.. thank you and good luck..

OK. :rolleyes:

Yep, you're dead right. :) But i did manage to pick a hole.

Troll.jpg

go pick your hole troll

Jesus lads stay on topic or I'll close the thread. Last warning.

Troll.jpg

go pick your hole troll
    i'm still awaiting your explanation. You cant slag off someone elses posts, calling them contenders for Darwin awards, and then not back up your condemnation with a reason. Articulate yourself.

i'm still awaiting your explanation. You cant slag off someone elses posts, calling them contenders for Darwin awards, and then not back up your condemnation with a reason. Articulate yourself.

I'm sorry, I don't understand???:confused:

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, I don't understand???:confused:
    Since its written in plain English, i see no reason as to why you're confused. I'll have to give up on this one, you cant get blood out of a turnip. :rolleyes:

Since its written in plain English, i see no reason as to why you're confused. I'll have to give up on this one, you cant get blood out of a turnip. :rolleyes:

no, sorry, I haven't a glue what your talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Its just a disgrace they aint bulldozing the houses with the tinkers still in them (no offence to ordinary decent people, you know who im on about)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

first off st.marys park is in limericks oldest and most famous part of the city,the local council have been trying for years to exploit this part of the city the shannon river runs past it you can view the castle from your front door the treaty stone ,thomand bridge , the cathedral were the kings of munster ruled from and the vicking city are all next door, town is a 5minute walk away , fact is they dont care about the people of st marys park any one that has bothered to view the regeneration plans can see this its all just a long term plan to generate tourism. i mean were in ireland is there so much history in one spot, nowere the only catch is most of the people down there own the houses but it is still a council estate get rid of the rental tenents and force the rest out,, remember what happened when tomand park was being built and its all been done under the white flag of regeneration

Advertisement