Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Qualifiers. 6th-7th June

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Torn between whether to go for Serbia or Holland tonight same odds on both any advice ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

8-10 wrote: »
    Don't go to the game.

Post of the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

this weekend I came out very well 236 Euro won

iv would've won more if Croatia had won,they were in a treble

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ye ended up not doing that, instead England, Portugal, Argentina, Wales, Italy (with Bohs thrown in) odds were about 10/1 with Boyles.

Fecking Bohs ruined it on me.:mad:

this could be a nice bet

Handicap Betting

peru v Ecuador

(-1.0) Ecuador 4/1

Peru are botton of the south American qualifying group and recently got beaten badly

match preview here
    Ecuador travel to Lima on Sunday evening to face off against Peru in a World Cup Qualifier in South America's group zone live on Sky Sports.

The Ecuadorians lie in 8th position in the South American zone on 14 points just 3 points behind 5th placed Uruguay with todays game in hand, but now 8 points behind 4th placed Argentina, who Ecuador host in Quito on Wednesday. The top four in the 10-team group go directly to South Africa for the World Cup, while the fifth-placed team would have a playoff with the fourth-placed team from the North and Central America and Caribbean region.

With that in mind, Ecuador know that anything less than the three points against Peru will severely dent their World Cup chances. They have qualified for the last two World Cups, and come into this clash as the overwhelming favourites, particularly because Peru have experienced such a disastrous campaign.

Ecuador are not only very solid in defence but they are also very versatile when moving forward, and they tend to take advantage of vulnerable teams like Peru. They have impressed when playing away from home, and they will be motivated to win their first match after three negative results.

Peru meanwhile, with only one victory from twelve matches, have been by far the worst team of the competition. A 3-1 home defeat by bitter rivals Chile a few months back was the low point for Peru in a campaign which has already seen them lose 6-0 in Uruguay, 5-1 in Ecuador and 3-0 against Bolivia and Brazil. Peru is 1-5-5 in qualifying, with its only win coming against Venezuela last September.

Jose Del Solar's men will be playing for pride as much as anything else, with Peru not having beaten Ecuador in this competition for 34 years. Back in 2007 Ecuador hammered Peru 5-1, and unless Peru pick up their game they could experience another crushing defeat.

The good news for Peru however, is that Hamburg striker Paulo Guerrero returns to the side after completing a six-match suspension after verbally abusing a referee. Peru will also look to the inspiration of Fiorentina midfielder Juan Vargas. Peru is led by captain, and former Newcastle midfielder Nolberto Solano, who at the age of 34 is still a productive player for his nation. Outside of Solano and Vargas there is not a lot to rave about.

Ecuador meanwhile, will be missing new Birmingham City striker Christian Benitez having undergone surgery on a shoulder injury recently. Birmingham broke their club transfer record to secure the signing of the Ecuadorian striker for £9.2million, beating of a number of top European clubs chasing the 23-year-old's signature. Benitez signed from Mexican club Santos Laguna having impressed in the 2006 World Cup in Germany and in Mexico's Primera Division over the last two campaigns, where he has scored 31 goals in 58 games, bringing notable praise.

English-based winger Antonio Valencia and forward Felipe Caicedo are both suspended for the Peru game along with defenders Ivan Hurtado and Giovanny Espinoza. Uruguay-born defender Marcelo Fleitas will step into the defence - who at the age of 35 has been given his first international call-up, while Walter Ayovi, Cristian Noboa and Carlos Tenorio are all hoping to start.

The visiting Ecuadorians can take heart from recent history, their last qualifying defeat in Peru, a 4-0 reverse, stretches right back to March 1977. Since then in qualifiers the Ecuadorians have emerged triumphant four times and shared the spoils on a further four occasions. Taking into account Peru's poor performance to date in this years qualifiers as well, and it looks like a comfortable victory would be in store for Ecuador. However, with a few of their key men out suspended, they could well be pushed all the way for the victory they desperately need.

Im tempted but the suspensions are kind of putting me off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Those suspensions would put me off a bit, sounds like it might be closer than you think and South American games really do have the potential to go either way no matter what the teams are.

That being said what do people think of Ghana/Ecuador/Egypt over Mali/Peru/Algeria? 10 euro brings back 147.49..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭raheny red

Fecking Bohs ruined it on me.:mad:

They ruined alot of people this weekend, the world and her sister were on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Headshot wrote: »
    this could be a nice bet

Handicap Betting

peru v Ecuador

(-1.0) Ecuador 4/1

Peru are botton of the south American qualifying group and recently got beaten badly

Im tempted but the suspensions are kind of putting me off

Thanks for the tip mate! Suspensions put me off the handicap but I threw 40quid on just an Ecuador win, 13/10 I think it was. The last 15mins was tense though, Ecuador 2-1 up and Vargas hitting the post with a free and numerous Ecuador chances squandered. Close finish.

Brimmy wrote: »
    That being said what do people think of Ghana/Ecuador/Egypt over Mali/Peru/Algeria? 10 euro brings back 147.49..

Egypt well beaten. Think they had a few injuries but before the game I would have said you have a fair shout. 3 away teams is always tricky though no matter who.

Thanks for the tip mate! Suspensions put me off the handicap but I threw 40quid on just an Ecuador win, 13/10 I think it was. The last 15mins was tense though, Ecuador 2-1 up and Vargas hitting the post with a free and numerous Ecuador chances squandered. Close finish.

my bet (-1,0) was totally robbed how many chances did Ecuador miss

im gutted

• Advertisement

im gutted

You get a bit back on that though right? 2 good chances in the last 15mins, one a poor finish the other a good save, both one on one's. Also a disallowed goal but I think yer man was just off. Peru played well, good goal too. http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2686921/

Sorry though not what you wanna hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Egypt well beaten. Think they had a few injuries but before the game I would have said you have a fair shout. 3 away teams is always tricky though no matter who.

Yeah I know. If I had to call any of them screwing up though I would have put it on Ecuador before the games. Oh well. Would have stood to win 180 after throwing in Federer but no huge loss as it was only 8 quid or so.

im gutted

Not as many as Peru near the end. They hit the woodwork twice in the last 15 minutes and the second Ecuador goal looked offside too. I'm not complaining though as I put down 40 on them after the first goal to score 2 or more at 10/11.

Brimmy wrote: »
    They hit the woodwork twice in the last 15 minutes

Pretty sure the second one, off the underside of the bar, was given offside anyway, but yeah definitely looked like an equaliser near the end. Had either gone in at the other though and there was no way back.

Gotta say I wouldn't have watched it without a bet on, good enough game. Beats watching England play **** teams.

Ecuador chances were better than Peru's chances imo

doesn't really matter anyway

win some you loose some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Lushed1

There's a few friendlies on today. I'm thinking of doing

Spain ht/ft @1.50
    Poland draw no bet @1.36

Or should i just steer clear since they are friendlies?

Lushed1 wrote: »
    There's a few friendlies on today. I'm thinking of doing

Spain ht/ft @1.50
    Poland draw no bet @1.36

Or should i just steer clear since they are friendlies?

spain will probly be playing their full strength team to get ready for the confederation cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I am gonna skip the friendlies and go with tomorrows coupen which has 8 out of 10 at 19/1 , most are 4/1 6/1 shots to .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

This my first soccer tip on here so heres to beginners luck

S. Korea WIN v S. Arabia 11/10
    Finland v Russia WIN 3/4
    Ecuador v Argentina DRAW 9/4
    Japan WIN v Qatar 4/11

Accumulator is 16.3/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Lushed1

That doesn't look to bad to be honest. But i've a funny feeling one of them will let you down. Possibly the ecuador game but hey it's only my opinion. Hope it works for you.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    This my first soccer tip on here so heres to beginners luck

S. Korea WIN v S. Arabia 11/10
    Finland v Russia WIN 3/4
    Ecuador v Argentina DRAW 9/4
    Japan WIN v Qatar 4/11

Accumulator is 16.3/1

I fancied the Ecuador v Argentina draw a few days ago after reading about how godawful the Argies were against Colombia. I don't put draws in accumulators though but best of luck.

Basically v Columbia they played 3 at the back with Mascherano in front of them and Aguero, Tevez and Messi up front. Masch is suspended though and Aguero out so Diego will have to tinker a bit, probably with Milito and Tevez up front with Messi dropping back into midfield and 4 at the back.

I'm going with Seba Veron to score first and also exact score 1-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I put the draw in because of argentinas 6-1 loss last time they played at high altitude but i fancy them to get somethin against ecuador.

Also i think aguero being out might help them as milito will at a bit more muscle up front.

Not usually a fan of draws in accumulators either but i think both teams would settle for it

Ecuador v Argentina

should be a very interesting game, Ecuador still have a chance of getting 5 spot and iirc the game will be played at a high altitude anyone remember Bolivia.

I suppose it depends if Maradona plays 3 at the back,if he does they're in big trouble

idk I fancy Ecuador for this (alot of their players at back from suspension too)

Advertisement