Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any part time/full time jobs anywhere in limerick??

Options
  • 02-06-2009 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

hey
    im a student searching for a job any hours part or full time in limerick.ive gotten all the papers the last 3 weeks and very little in them,using the online job sites daily,went on foot around the city centre im getting really worried so if anyone knows of places hiring please reply thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Print out some CV's and walk around the city again, try everwhere, restraunts, bars etc usually have a high turnover of staff, you shoud try some of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

just printing out more as you speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

BB's on O'Connell St. are hiring.

thanks.im going to hit off on foot after lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

the early bird catches the worm;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Why not post some details about yourself here.
    What skills you have, car owner, where you are located etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

to the above post,
    anyone want to hire me?!

i drive, live in the north side of the city, previous experience include

xtravision, tesco, gleesons sports scene, also labouring for a building contractor, also regularly do event stewarding in thomond park! my experience covers a lot of fields!

education:
    junior and leaving cert, higher certificate in construction studies and just finished up in construction health and safety!

quite desperate to get a job too! have been lashing out the cvs since christmas but to no avail :(

there is 73 jobs on the fas website in the limerick section.i rang 9 of the part time ones this morning and i cant apply because im not on C.E scheme wtf???people want to work and you cant apply for a job this is a farce.but suppose if i scumbag id be on some handy cooking course or play soccer scheme,i kid you not there is scumbags getting payed to go to soccer school in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Good luck in your search, let us know how you get on.

have 40 cvs printed off i go on foot!!head up:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

do you have a full EB driving license?

may have a bit of part time work in July if you do.

dont know what a eb license is but i dont but thank you.That fas office is a job half the jobs you cant apply for unless you far into the C.E section.I CAN'Y APPLY FOR A JOB BECAUSE I AM NOT LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED OR ON BENEFITS WHAT A BLOODY JOKE I WANT TO WORK AHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

snowman707 wrote: »
    do you have a full EB driving license?

may have a bit of part time work in July if you do.

trailer licence yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    to the above post,
    anyone want to hire me?!

i drive, live in the north side of the city, previous experience include

xtravision, tesco, gleesons sports scene, also labouring for a building contractor, also regularly do event stewarding in thomond park! my experience covers a lot of fields!

education:
    junior and leaving cert, higher certificate in construction studies and just finished up in construction health and safety!

quite desperate to get a job too! have been lashing out the cvs since christmas but to no avail :(

Try the post this week, there is always jobs in there, even if it is just a part time thing or places like where you have worked before.

dont worry i'll be up early to get it when it comes out.im so pissed off with the fas office and these fcuking C.E scheme jobs yet all the scumbags doing their handy courses just to stay on the dole

dont worry i'll be up early to get it when it comes out.im so pissed off with the fas office and these fcuking C.E scheme jobs yet all the scumbags doing their handy courses just to stay on the dole

What experience you got?where you located?access to transport?

What kind of work have you been looking for?Have you tried ALL the major pubs in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Despite all the talk of recession, I'm yet to speak to one person (who is looking) that can't find or hasn't found a job.

Are you being selective?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭Browney7

Hand a few CV's into a few bookies in the city. Lot of evening racing these days a few places might have a few hours going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

ninty9er wrote: »
    Despite all the talk of recession, I'm yet to speak to one person (who is looking) that can't find or hasn't found a job.

Are you being selective?

You know me, and I cant find a job!

I've handed out numerous CV's in Limerick city and am yet to receive any positive responses :(
    I've checked online like the OP, and nothing positive there either..

As for qualifications, I've spent 13 years working in bars, hotels, college bars, nightclubs, and Storm Cinema in Castletroy, and I'm only 24 now...U may not believe me, but I dont care, I know where and what I've done since I was 11 years old...I have also worked for Intel and tbh that was a waste of time, cos its not what I want to do..

If anybody knows of anything going in the pub/club/off-trade please PM me...
    Tbh, I'd take any job at the minute, I've got qualifications...With 2 college qualifications, and plenty of job experience, its still hard to find a job...

The masters I'm hoping to do in Sept is dependent on funds...so I need a job!

and no offense Ninty9er, but take off ur FF hat for a few mins, and see how hard it really is to get a job in the current climate, even for people with degrees and experience!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I have been looking for 4 months now, had been it manager but looking at any kind of work at the moment. Applied for hundreds of jobs in the meantime, from data entry, customer service, tech support, even a debt collector, nothing yet, and very few responses.
    There is a huge shortage of jobs at the moment, dont let anyone fool themselves into thinking otherwise.

well said phill106.
    im starting going to the fas office and these C.E only jobs really piss me off.there was 3 jobs advertised with in 5 min walk of my house but cant apply because im not long term unemployed.....community employment my hole.what ye all thing of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

There's **** all jobs going around the city. I have a job and my hours are being cut so I had to sign on. My girlfriend who has a lot of experience in different fields and college qualifications handed out reams of CVs around Limerick, to no avail.

You're not alone.

Nothing in the post or the independent this week excpect direct sales:(...and lots of jobs in the fas office but im not allowed apply over the fcking C.e scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

You will be probably be battling out with the 700 odd people that finished up from their jobs last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

TravelLodge are looking for staff for their new hotel in Castletroy, Lidl/Aldi/Dunnes constantly looking, The Strand, Ardhu, Corbally Clinic, petrol stations etc... Companies are constantly looking for promo staff and the mobile phone sales companies are a good place to keep a look out.

I know people are being made redundant, my own mother was told today she is being made redundant at the end of the month as administration is being centralised in London, but if you think there's **** all jobs, you either a) aren't looking hard enough, or b) aren't willing to take whatever you can get or c) are joining in the medja frenzy that everything is turning to ****.

You can't just drop in a CV and expect to hear back, you've got to follow it up.

Nobody is claiming it's easy to get a job, but one sure as hell won't fall into your lap on boards.ie.

im not expecting a job easy but the fact you cant apply for alot of jobs in the fas centre is bullcrap.i read alot of local media so i keep an eye on businesses opening and yes i have applied to travellodge,the 2 lidl's both drop in c.vs and online.both aldi's dropped in cv&online,dunnes,tescos,superquinn,every hotel both cvs and email,i can put up the full list because im keeoing a list so i can follow up and apply later to get to the top of the pile again.how dare you say im not trying,i remember you pulling me up on college grants.you must live in dreamlive where all the companies are hiring

im not expecting a job easy but the fact you cant apply for alot of jobs in the fas centre is bullcrap.i read alot of local media so i keep an eye on businesses opening and yes i have applied to travellodge,the 2 lidl's both drop in c.vs and online.both aldi's dropped in cv&online,dunnes,tescos,superquinn,every hotel both cvs and email,i can put up the full list because im keeoing a list so i can follow up and apply later to get to the top of the pile again.how dare you say im not trying,i remember you pulling me up on college grants.you must live in dreamlive where all the companies are hiring

Why should a student be allowed applied for FAS jobs?Have you not been working during the college year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

jackncoke wrote: »
    Why should a student be allowed applied for FAS jobs?Have you not been working during the college year?

Silly him, thinking he could apply for jobs advertised by the national unemployment agency now that he is unemployed.....

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    Silly him, thinking he could apply for jobs advertised by the national unemployment agency now that he is unemployed.....

eh,he/she's a student (on their summer holidays)

silly you :p

Advertisement