Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - June 2009

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Scien wrote: »
    Wow. Just awoken by an apocalyptic roar of thunder over D6 about 10 minutes about.
    Serious Lightening display has been going on the past 15 minutes with very heavy down pours.

likewise, on the north of the city. i havent experienced anything this intense since cyprus a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Just drove home from Dublin 18 to Co Wicklow... Never seen rain like it before... 40kph on the N11 due to flooding..
    Lightning lighting up the sky..

Just looked at the Lightning radar at it looks like the east cost may have some good flashes....

Yay..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Is there more on the way,I heard nothing only a mutter of thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Huge storm just passed our way (Donabate, North Co. Dublin) just over 1/2 an hour ago - came and went in 10-15 mins but featured some of the loudest and angriest weather I'd ever encountered,- thunderclaps that sounded like they were literally ripping the sky in two and lightning that, - while I couldn't see the forks for the mist and fog - lit up the whole area in pure white for at least a full second at a time. It was fairly breathtaking.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Cracking little storm! It's the first time in years that I have been woken by a thunderstorm. Dropped over 30mm of rain here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Very boring weather here. Cloudy & warm. 18.4C.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

17 deg heavy rain very light winds horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Like others woken about 4 by heavy rain and thunder; at least I thought it was heavy at the time but a few minutes later it sounded as if it had got twice as heavy! Min of 15.2C last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nothing exciting down here, a period of heavy rain but no bangs or crashes. Dry and quiet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Dublin 14 - Same about 4am

It was right over us - lightening and thunder together

I have never heard anything so lound and the lightening was blinding - like when you look into a flash on a camera ... couldn't see for a second after it!

All our sockets went and the pedestrian/street lights outside our house are gone. Car and house alarms galore. Our internet is down (have a line of sight mast on our roof to Three Rock but doubt it hit that) and a PC blown!

Seriously freaked me out but was absolutely amazing!!!

Do you think that's it or are we due some more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

Got it in D8 too. Never heard such loud thunder over city centre before. Loud Loud LOUD!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

All quite after last nights thunder. Its mostly cloudy now with the sun breaking through in places. 17.3C.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

very heavy showers at the minute 16 deg wind light from the south

Advertisement