Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Accent?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

As a dub i have to say dublin accent but for messing and making bogger jokes the Meath and Limerick accent is the best:D

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

monellia wrote: »
    I think that we in Clare and Galway have the most accentless accents in the world. Unless you're in a cultchie area, you'll find that these people are wonderfully lucid and clear in their manner of speaking. The only example I can think of right now is that Damien fella who used to present Den2... I don't think he was from the midwest but he had teh voice.

So where would the non-culchie part of Clare be then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mango23

DubMedic wrote: »
    Im not going to entertain your little rant & give you any satisfaction by replying to your worthless posts and getting myself into hassle with the Mod's.
    There is a place on boards.ie for people who wish to start fights, and that is in the trash.
    It's called having an opinion lad. So do you fear the almighty wrath of the high moderator? Grow up boy and live a little, there's more to life then sitting behind your laptop and fearing the hand that rocks your internet world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

mango23 wrote: »
    It's called having an opinion lad. So do you fear the almighty wrath of the high moderator? Grow up boy and live a little, there's more to life then sitting behind your laptop and fearing the hand that rocks your internet world.
    I never said I ''fear'' anyone.

Since when am i a boy? I'm more of a man then you'll ever be.

I Just dont think its fair that you go straight ahead and assume im from the southside based on my opinion

oh wait , whats that called again?

having an opinion ;)

I never said I ''fear'' anyone.

Since when am i a boy? I'm more of a man then you'll ever be.

I Just dont think its fair that you go straight ahead and assume im from the southside based on my opinion

oh wait , whats that called again?

having an opinion ;)
    You not need say you fear to imply it.

You have a right to your opinion, but I have the right to challenge you on it, it's called freedom of speech.

And yes, you must obviously be more of a man than I am. I better go back to my pillow and whimper like the inferior being I am.

• Advertisement

Ah now , Don't be telling the truth in public mango.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

G86 wrote: »
    I'm not convinced!!:p

Hey,I tried.... looks like i gotta find myself another lady to work my monaghan charms on :rolleyes:

Ah now , Don't be telling the truth in public mango.
    One nil to DubMedic, and the lad shines up like a red light. And I'd like to congratulate you on your impressive win, it must really make your day.......

mango23 wrote: »
    One nil to DubMedic, and the lad shines up like a red light. And I'd like to congratulate you on your impressive win, it must really make your day.......
    Mango i haven't had the best of days.
    I'm not fighting anymore.

Mango i haven't had the best of days.
    I'm not fighting anymore.
    ok

• Advertisement

I thought you were going to pitypat me :rolleyes:

I thought you were going to pitypat me :rolleyes:
    It's not fun if it's one sided.

Tell that to a schizophrenic and you'll find out it is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I know a girl from Dunboyne, she has the sexiest accent ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Belfast all the way....i think its a realy sexy accent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Donegal accent; hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Its been removed from YT. ill try and find it hosted somewhere else sorry..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Lushed1

I used to work in a bar in letterkenny and I'd say 90% of hen parties from down the country that would come in would comment on how they loved my donegal accent. I could have got of with the bride to be by just speaking to her!
    "would you like ice with that, aye"

Personally i like most accents it all really depends whether you like person or not. Simple as that I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Donegal. My mate lives there and I adore it so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭iHeartRyanAdams

donegal..mmmm its so melodic!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ahmed89

for me Donegal accent,love talking to girls from Donegal they sound sexyyyyyyyy

unfortunatley i don't have an irish accent even though i was born here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

It's gotta be donegal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

What are uze all ****eing on about for de love of jaysas?

The Meath accent is the finest accent the world has ever know. This is well known by everybody from Curragha to Sliabh na Caillí. Listening to a Meath person speak is like watching David Beggy, Kevin Foley, P.J. Gillic, Tommy Dowd and back to Kevin Foley again with 56 seconds to go in normal time getting a goal and David Beggy getting a point in extra time to win in the fourth Dublin-Meath match in the Leinster Championship in 1991.

Pure genius, pure style, pure sophistication. Just sums up the average Meath accent. Feckin' mighty.

An Mhí abú.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Tell that to a schizophrenic and you'll find out it is ;)

No need for bringing people with schizophrenic into things and for the best accent what can I say? Cork of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

I think ever region.....no sorry......MOST regions have nice accents IF it's not too strong. Like the Scottish accent can be delish....but sometimes you wou wouldnt have a clue what they're saying if accent is too strong..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

The Louth accent wins hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

Ah sod it.....ye all know the Waterford accent is best.......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Darr3nG

Armagh! Definitely a wee cailín from Crossmaglen... Damn sexy! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Thunderkill

north dublin! yeah please :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement