Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debts :)

Options
  • 27-05-2009 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

hey just wonderin wat the average amount people owe is, obviously mortgage not included, just incited after an intriguing conversation wit some friends about credit card bills and whatnots so if it's not delvin into personal boundaries wat do you owe on credit cards, overdrafts loans etc

i owe 150 on my oil bill which i dont intend to pay until i need oil again :)
    0 on car :)
    about 400 on visa which il pay this week
    and im about 100 in on my overdraft at the monent

but ive about 1500 in a savings account

but i only spend about 40 a week, sometimes more on food, whilst eating very healthily and gormet meals for 3 :)

so how are you all oding in the recession?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

about 1,000, not including mortgage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

2500. Have to start paying back 1st of next month.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I just bought a cable from dealextreme so I owe about 99 cent on my credit card and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Nothing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I have zero debt.
    I have my car paid for. I don't have a mortgage/rent.

Plus i'm actually owed 240 off one mate, 100 off my aul man, 220 off an uncle. I better get onto em!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nothing, CC is always paid in full each month, or before it is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Recession just hit us. Boyfriend gona be unemployed so looks i'm gonna be looking after us. I hate my job too and could be let go at any stage though. I don't owe anything. Well 400euro to pay on my insurance but bf owes 13k:eek: . Just went on holidays too and spent loads. I would have cancelled if i'd known this would happen. Jesus, i love spain. Why is ireland so depressing? Boards is the only thing that keeps me sane.

Sorry, i'll take it to PI :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

right now. About E1.2k on my credit card. That will climb when i travel back home in two months.
    Don't have an nz credit card so big expenses like flights and stuff go on my card. But its a bitch to pay it off due to the exchange rate and kiwi third world pay structure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

My perents buig time...

banks no visa don't have one.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

not a cent. i have this thing were if i cant afford it, i dont buy it. or save, till i can.

i'm a bit mad like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

el rabitos wrote: »
    i have this thing were if i cant afford it, i dont buy it. or save, till i can.

You're a rare breed! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

not a cent. i have this thing were if i cant afford it, i dont buy it. or save, till i can.

i'm a bit mad like that

You must not be Irish?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

hey just wonderin wat the average amount people owe is, obviously mortgage not included, just incited after an intriguing conversation wit some friends about credit card bills and whatnots so if it's not delvin into personal boundaries wat do you owe on credit cards, overdrafts loans etc

i owe 150 on my oil bill which i dont intend to pay until i need oil again :)
    0 on car :)
    about 400 on visa which il pay this week
    and im about 100 in on my overdraft at the monent

but ive about 1500 in a savings account

but i only spend about 40 a week, sometimes more on food, whilst eating very healthily and gormet meals for 3 :)

so how are you all oding in the recession?

OK, enough of those happy f uckers above. Misery loves company so here goes: I owe approximately €20,000!

Some day I'll be a free man again ... someday ....
    'Man is born free yet everywhere he is in chains'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

i have this thing were if i cant afford it, i dont buy it. or save, till i can.
    I'm the same as you.

i'm a bit mad like that

That's nuts. Sure we could have a famine and sure you'd get away with everything then ... or we could even have a bank crisis and you'd get the same result. Strike while the iron is hot and borrow left, right and centre.

It's the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

135 of a phone bill, 732 for insurance, sky 65, setanta 20, monkey adoption papers 210, lost wager 20, small loan 1200 or 23 euro a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I owe the local enough for 12 cans. Ill pay that tomorrow.
    I owe me old local enough for 8 cans but I got barred so they can wait.
    Owe me father 8:15 for fags. Actually make that 8:20 cos I was 5cent short a few days ago.
    And owe about another year and a half - 2 years on me bike that got robbed on me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I like the smiley face. It makes debt seem happy!

Anyway, about €300. Grand.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I like the smiley face. It makes debt seem happy!

Anyway, about €300. Grand.

Amazing the difference an auld punctuation mark can make, eh. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Owe 11k in a car loan. Think I owe €55 in broadband bills, but that only arrived the other day. Aside from that, I'm owed half my last house's deposit still and some mates owe me a total of €50. Luckily I have the income to pay it all off comfortably

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

650 on my cc that is a deposit for a course I want to do, that'll rise to 3500 if I do the course. Thats about it, I spend a lot of money on food at work which annoys me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A loan that has only two monthly payments left. A few hundred on my visa which is normal, and I will clear at the end of the month.

Apart from that (and mortgage): zilch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Over Nine Trillion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I neglected to mention that a significant proportion of my future income is earmarked for Anglo Irish Bank and Bank of Ireland even though I've never banked with them in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

stovelid wrote: »
    A loan that has only two monthly payments left. A few hundred on my visa which is normal, and I will clear at the end of the month.

Apart from that (and mortgage): zilch.
    I love the way people are just throwing the old mortgage in as an aside :)

Ah sure Ive only another half a mil to pay on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Me and the gf owe about 10k on a joint loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Nothing at all. Living life debt-free does wonders for my skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

didnt we already have this thread ... anyway - at the moment I'm at around €35,000 in debt, credit cards, loans, overdraft etc .....

I'm owed about 10-12K and have been told "next month" ..... at the moment current account overdraft is maxed out, started selling bits and pieces to get some money to get by day to day (until I get paid)

fingers crossed I can be out of debt in 12-18months (I hope)

Ps. Owe the parents a lot more - over the years.

Advertisement