Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Retail in Ireland

Options
  • 26-05-2009 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

There is McGuirks Golf, Green 18, and since premier golf and golfworks shut up shop they are the 2 main players left. They both offer a service polar opposites apart.

Any opinions on them? I know Mcguirks is there years and Green 18 is only new so let me know your opinions.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

What about Halpenny Golf, American Golf, Nevada Bobs? As far as Irish owned golf stores go, Halpenny do a decent job. Always found the staff there helpful and friendly. Their prices are normally at least as good as McGuirks. They have 2 well stocked outlets(that I know of) and also make an effort with their webstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Halpenny are good to deal with. Price wise they're similar to McGuirks, simply because McGuirks supply them with most of their stock.

Green18 is a joke if you asked me, it's like a glorified boutique.

For off the shelf I would always buy online, for custom fitting go to the experts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Smileyx

Where is the best place to shop online?

Smileyx wrote: »

Go to www.golfalot.com and do a price comparison for what you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Never had a problem with onlinegolf.co.uk myself. Some great deals & a decent shipping rate, quick delivery too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

G18 stock some really stylish gear though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Smileyx wrote: »

I find a reclining chair the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭markie4

Would second f22, halpenny golf are very good to deal, used them a bit this year and they would now be my first choice bricks and mortar ahead of mcguirks.

Haven't used Green 18, but the premise of a golf boutique doesn't really appeal to me,

markie4 wrote: »
    Haven't used Green 18, but the premise of a golf boutique doesn't really appeal to me,

Conno16 got a lovely pair of Ian Poulter armbands there :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

f22 wrote: »
    Conno16 got a lovely pair of Ian Poulter armbands there :eek:[/QUOTE

And there very versatile;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement