Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lonely

Options
  • 25-05-2009 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I wasn't sure if I should post...but why not?! I've been here 5 years, yet I still haven't made friends. Starting to feel lonely....a life in country with kids isn't enough really. It's just so hard to meet new people that actually want to make new friends.

I'm very social and willing to try anything. Any ideas because I'm totally lost...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

What are your interests? Are there any clubs or groups in your area that you might be interested in joining?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Brijoeire

I would really enjoy something like that, but Roscommon is lean on activities. I would really try anything if it meant getting out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Brijoeire wrote: »
    I would really enjoy something like that, but Roscommon is lean on activities. I would really try anything if it meant getting out.

Sorry to hear you're lonely. But even Roscommon has a lot of groups and clubs you could join, I know they have some great drama groups up there, anything like that take your fancy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Brijoeire

Absolutely! I've had no luck finding groups though. Checked boards and local papers. I would even travel to meet other adults. I'm not fussy at all. Thanks for replies too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Absolutely! I've had no luck finding groups though. Checked boards and local papers. I would even travel to meet other adults. I'm not fussy at all. Thanks for replies too

Hi Brijoeire

I live in Co Meath its not a bad place I am orig a Dub so I found it very quiet when I moved up. I am out of work since october so have found it very lonely even though I am married and have a child I still find it quiet in my sense

However I am lucky I like politics and community issues so I got involved in a lot of stuff locally which keeps me busy wednesdays and thursdays. I also set up a meals on wheels for the local elderly. I am not boasting but rather trying to point out while I did not necessailary want to look after the elderly I enjoy there company. If there is noting going on in your area try start something! Even a youth club for the locals. You will get to meet the mothers and fathers this way!

You can always come on to the politics forum we are always argueing there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 maybeso

What about checking out any local charities and see how you could contribute to their organisations. Might be a good way to get involved in the local community and meet some nice people.

Chin up and Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

maybeso wrote: »
    What about checking out any local charities and see how you could contribute to their organisations.
    However I am lucky I like politics and community issues so I got involved in a lot of stuff locally which keeps me busy wednesdays and thursdays.

JTL and Maybeso beat me to it, these are all fantastic ways of getting to know people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deco2013

I wasn't sure if I should post...but why not?! I've been here 5 years, yet I still haven't made friends. Starting to feel lonely....a life in country with kids isn't enough really. It's just so hard to meet new people that actually want to make new friends.

I'm very social and willing to try anything. Any ideas because I'm totally lost...

Just wondered have you improved your lot!? Seeking some advice that works !
    Thks

Deco

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Hi Deco, I've closed the thread because it's not been active since 2009. If you're looking advice you might try the Personal Issues forum :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement