Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phase 4 exam papers electrical

Options
  • 23-05-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have a copy of past exam papers? Would love to get my hands on them.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

The exam papers are help by fas and they don't allow them to be given out, cheers anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tony Grant

Hi There is no past papers available (or there never was) for the electrcial apprenticeship course in FAS or in the IT's.

Apprentices need to engage with the subject in a serious way from day one in order to be successful. This is the reality for most apprentices and I am sorry if this seems harsh. There is a lot of help available if the right approach is used. Don't expect people to help you if you are behaving like you don't need it or want it.

There are past papers available for the Fas exams, I had them myself. Not sure if there are any available for the exams in the IT's. I've finished phase 4 so I have no need for them anyway.

'Don't expect people to help you if you are behaving like you don't need it or want it.'

I received 4 credits from phase 4, to be honest I don't know what the 'help' you are referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tazmania

Del007 wrote: »
    There are past papers available for the Fas exams, I had them myself. Not sure if there are any available for the exams in the IT's. I've finished phase 4 so I have no need for them anyway.

'Don't expect people to help you if you are behaving like you don't need it or want it.'

I received 4 credits from phase 4, to be honest I don't know what the 'help' you are referring to.

Do you still have the past papers for phase two electrical in FAS. Would love to get them, doing exams end of month.

• Advertisement

I don't have them anymore, I gave them to one of the guys who failed his exam, not in contact with him anymore. Does your instructor not give them out as pre-exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tazmania

No, but a friend of mine just told me he has them and will lend them to me.
    Cheers

You can go into Easons and buy past papers for Junior and Leaving exams but no such thing exists for Phase 2 or Phase 4 exams. However instructors and lecturers have put together mock exams that are like the real thing, this is what people are talking about when they say that they have past papers. I have a developed mock exams on interactive CD for T1 and T2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Where could I get a copy of it ?

Phase 4 apprentice contacted me last week looking for revision. He said that Kevin Street was not doing a revision course this year.

My advice to people looking for past papers is to stop looking for them as they are not available and instead look for a Revision Course. At this Revision Course they will get lots of past questions or near past questions to work with. Try or just google <snip> and a number of suggestions will come up including grinds, CD's , Revision Courses and Online Mock test. There is a lot of help available out there, but not for free. The original course are free from FAS and the IT's. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

Hello Tony i'm just after looking at your site. I just wondering is your course a quick revision course with mainly just exam type questions or is it a back to basics course which explains all parts of Phase 4 Science and ECP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Tony Grant wrote: »
    Phase 4 apprentice contacted me last week looking for revision. He said that Kevin Street was not doing a revision course this year.

My advice to people looking for past papers is to stop looking for them as they are not available and instead look for a Revision Course. At this Revision Course they will get lots of past questions or near past questions to work with. Try www.electricaltraining.ie or just google " electrical training ireland" and a number of suggestions will come up including grinds, CD's , Revision Courses and Online Mock test. There is a lot of help available out there, but not for free. The original course are free from FAS and the IT's. Good luck.

Hi Tony, could you give me some info on the "Testing and Verification of Electrical Installations"? Is there a piratical part to this course? Thanks.

We are running a full day course on T&V next month. If you know me, I always provide at least half of the course to include hands on practical tests on real circuits, specially installed in a purpose built training room. The course includes the following:
    1. All tests to comply with ETCI 4th Edition.
    2. A training manual for future reference
    3. A Certificate with official reference number.
    4. Purpose built training centre with pre-installed circuits for testing.
    5. One day course (minimum 8 hours)
    6. 2 Instructors for max of 8 learners.
    7. Hot mid-day meal and refreshments included.
    8. Online follow up training support through <snip>
    Our aim is to facilitate the following:
    1. Knowledge of testing
    2. Experience of testing
    3. Competent to perform testing
    contact me through the above if you require more information

• Registered Users Posts: 2 electricaltutorireland

Huge folder of notes and exam papers for phase 2, phase 4 and phase 6. Available to download right away after purchase. https://electrialtutorireland.sellpass.io/

Advertisement