Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Beer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭The Word Is Bor

Tried their Ennis Road Limerick shop for Franziskaner earlier - no joy.

Don't bother with the Franziskaner. O'Briens are doing 5 bottles of Erdinger Urwisse for 10 lids. Kwalitee.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

but Franziskaner is a far better wheat beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

no joy in any of the lidl's in cork for Franz.

i'll have to revert to aldi's schofenhoffen (?¿)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Fine Wines in Limerick are doing a new weiss beer called Valentin. €7 for 4 1/2 litre bottles on special order currently.

It's good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

cannot emphasise this enough STAY AWAY FROM EXCELSIOR. Stupidly bought 48 cans for oxegen last year, never ever again.

Why?

Bad taste?
    Gave you the sharts?
    Heavy on the stomach?

• Advertisement

all of the above.. And more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

What was the name of the nicer Pilsner Lidl had before they changed to Perlenbacher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Awwww man thats a great question.
    Drank it for years..... someone must remember... I can't because of the amount of it I drank :P

HB

Remember they had Bergadler but i dont think that was the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Remember they had Bergadler but i dont think that was the one.

No you're right on the money. Bergadler it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Fine Wines in Limerick are doing a new weiss beer called Valentin. €7 for 4 1/2 litre bottles on special order currently.

It's good too.

Had a bottle of this. Enjoyed it oke and would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

Don't bother with the Franziskaner. O'Briens are doing 5 bottles of Erdinger Urwisse for 10 lids. Kwalitee.

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    but Franziskaner is a far better wheat beer!

+1 with pixelcraft

i wonder is the lack of Franziskaner and the Hoegaarden never arriving last week related.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Could be: it's the same company. C&C are the distributors here AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Hoegaarden 750ml is 3.49 in Tesco at the mo for those watering at the mouth for Lidl to stock it. Still not a bad price if you need a quick fix ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

For the Franziskaner fans in North County Dublin,The Lord Mayor's off licence in Swords still have plenty of it. Got five bottles there last Friday for €8.95.

PWEI wrote: »
    For the Franziskaner fans in North County Dublin,The Lord Mayor's off licence in Swords still have plenty of it. Got five bottles there last Friday for €8.95.

and i am only just back from swords!! Must drop in and pick some up friday fantatic price!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

It's good too.
    Valentins is good, but a far heavier tasting beer than Erdinger or Franziskaner. That offer has been on in there for a good while, remember getting some in there a couple of years ago. There's also cans of the stuff, for around €1.60/1.70

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

grenache wrote: »
    Valentins is good, but a far heavier tasting beer than Erdinger or Franziskaner. That offer has been on in there for a good while, remember getting some in there a couple of years ago. There's also cans of the stuff, for around €1.60/1.70

Fine Wines party store (Ballysimon) has a 24 x 500ml cans of Valentin for an incredible €24 and change :D

The Lidl World Cup Deals ...

Franziskander @ €1.49 per bottle.

Becks @ €4.99 per 6x 275cl pack

Shepherd Neane Gouldings Summer Ale @ €1.49 per bottle

Shepherd Neane 4-4-2 Hop Beer @ €1.49 per bottle

Sol Beer @ €0.99 per bottle

Brahma @ €3.99 per 4x330ml pack

Moretti Larger @ €5.99 per 4x330ml pack

Fosters Cans @ €8 per 6x500ml pack

Heineken @ €19.99 per 20x330ml pack

Heineken 5L Draught Keg @ €17.99

Grafenwalder Pils 5L Draught Keg @ €12.99

Budweiser @ €15.99 per 20x300ml pack

San Miguel @ €9.99 per 15x330ml pack

Tuborg Cans @ €6.99 per 6x500ml pack

Savanna Dry Cider @ €1.99 per 500ml bottle

Hopefully they will have the Shepherd Neame stuff in my local Lidl can anybody recoment them????? Not overly interested in the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Didn't like the Goldings at all. 4-4-2 is new. Funny, during the last World Cup Greene King used that name for their seasonal beer.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Didn't like the Goldings at all. 4-4-2 is new. Funny, during the last World Cup Greene King used that name for their seasonal beer.

Does not sound Promising but maybe something inline with spitfire which I find a bit bland... I'll have to give it a go anyway but I'll just plumb for just one and maybe get a few of the 4-4-2 and hope for the best. €1.49 is excellent for any beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Just spotted some of these beer deals in the Lidl leaflet there.

4-4-2 sounds interesting supposedly brewed with 10 hop varieties??:confused:

Didnt like the Goldings at all last time. I find most of the Shepards neame beer a little samey.

slayerking wrote: »
    Just spotted some of these beer deals in the Lidl leaflet there.

4-4-2 sounds interesting supposedly brewed with 10 hop varieties??:confused:

Didnt like the Goldings at all last time. I find most of the Shepards neame beer a little samey.

Dosnt bode well for the 4-4-2 so :o

However the taste test will tell

I amnt a fan of any of the shepards neame beers. Used to think bishops finger was ok but got a turn of it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Goldings was a disaster I oh so stupidly bought a crate of it last time - ewww

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The Lidl World Cup Deals ...

Franziskander @ €1.49 per bottle.

Shepherd Neane Gouldings Summer Ale @ €1.49 per bottle

Shepherd Neane 4-4-2 Hop Beer @ €1.49 per bottle

Moretti Larger @ €5.99 per 4x330ml pack

Savanna Dry Cider @ €1.99 per 500ml bottle

Anyone like to recommend one/some of the above for myself too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Anyone like to recommend one/some of the above for myself too please?

Franziskander @ €1.49 per bottle:Good, everyday weiss -very good value at that price.

Shepherd Neane Gouldings Summer Ale @ €1.49 per bottle: not tried it but others here seem to not like it - maybe stay clear!

Shepherd Neane 4-4-2 Hop Beer @ €1.49 per bottle Sounds interesting - probably worth a punt and if you like it, stock up!

Moretti Larger @ €5.99 per 4x330ml pack Pretty ordinary lager - nothing particularly anything about it. Cheaper lagers around.

Savanna Dry Cider @ €1.99 per 500ml bottle Despite its name, this is a pretty sweet cider. Tastes like it's made from French Golden Delicious type apples rather than cider apples. Not my thing at all but lots of people love it!

San Miguel @ €9.99 per 15x330ml pack

Thought this was too good to be true.
    They're 275ml bottles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Moretti Larger @ €5.99 per 4x330ml pack Pretty ordinary lager - nothing particularly anything about it. Cheaper lagers around.

The closest beer I'd liken Moretti to is Sam Adams; it's a little more malted than Adams and is a grand mid week beer if you want to slop out and take it handy with minimum fuss.

Advertisement