Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for a game on Dartpro? (only Dartpro)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

yeah its dartpro's one achilles heel. If u could watch and generate an opponent based on level it would be the ultimate game software.

Also the ability to handicap wud be nice too. Me and a mate play and i play off 1001 and he plays 501. N01 lets us do that which is awesome.

:eek:
    Do you win much of these games against your mate?

The biggest handicap I gave my brother was 200 points but I won just about!:) I always struggle against him and most of my mates because I don't concentrate and just have a laugh but somehow win 95% of these matches even though I play crap in most of these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I find 1001 has been the great leveller for me and my mate

he's not great but he starts hitting some decent scores as he goes on, which makes things tough

a lot of the time he's down under 100 and i would be back on 300ish unless ive had an exceptional leg

basically playing 1001 forces me to have to throw good scores to get down because you can fluke a 40 consistently, which over 10 throws would have him under 100, i'd have to throw 90 over 10 throws to get under 100 at the same time. i only average about 60-70, so i find myself behind

but if he misses a few doubles, i find my game kicks in and i score well from 300 down and close out a leg. i lost 6-5 in legs to him monday night. was fun because he got to win and i got to play darts with a mate who wouldnt normally play coz he'd get battered around

bargain all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

its all about the doubles
    you 2 lads are demons on the doubles.Thats where I lose out a lot:(

i seem to be good on doubles playing out in my shed but its my doubles which has cost me in competitions recently

Ive have made the Quarters of the Dublin Open and possibly setup a match with a good player and might have met AndyP in the final of the board has i been better on my doubles recently

Playing in person and with people watching it a complete game changer, i find i still score heavy just the nervous part of my game, the finishing goes to bugger

In those games earlier, your only problem was that in a good few legs you couldnt keep up because i was pounding the treble bed. and when i got down to under 100 i was flying out.

When you had your chance you took its 4/5 times

its all about the doubles
    you 2 lads are demons on the doubles.Thats where I lose out a lot:(

Sometimes my doubles are rubbish, I played against patrickincork earlier and my doubles were awful! I practise clock most days and it's great for practising your doubles, it's on dartpro which is great as you can see your doubles average, mine is currently about 25% which is OK!

• Advertisement

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Sometimes my doubles are rubbish, I played against patrickincork earlier and my doubles were awful! I practise clock most days and it's great for practising your doubles, it's on dartpro which is great as you can see your doubles average, mine is currently about 25% which is OK!

must try that thanks

Yeah i do round the clock on doubles sometimes too

Mostly though i play against Level 9 on N01 or against Dylan, High level opponent forces me to play better darts consistently, by not dropping down to level 5 or 6 where i still might be beaten if i dont play good darts, i find that forcing myself to have to thrown 15-21 dart legs all the time would mean that i know exactly whats needed come competition time

Currently when im winning legs i seem to do it within 24 darts consistently, and with the quality im playing against, if im losing legs its in the same parameters, so i try to keep to that if possible, thats why i play 1001 against my mate, because if i know i can be lax, i will drop my standard

I normally play that n01 on level 5 maybe I should try a higher level.
    But I do like winning:)

Well winning is good, and if your getting down to the doubles and beating level 5 thats good

i play Level 9, and i dont care if i lose, as long as im down under 100 when it checks out, if ive given myself a chance against a quality opponent like Level 9 (which seems to average between 80-100) then when i play a real opponent, if i get a chance i might take it

I normally play that n01 on level 5 maybe I should try a higher level.
    But I do like winning:)

I play on level 6 most of the time, it averages about 65 which is quite similar to mine, it's always a tight game. I used to play level 5 as like yourself love winning but I felt I was going nowhere so I stepped up.

• Advertisement

Well winning is good, and if your getting down to the doubles and beating level 5 thats good

i play Level 9, and i dont care if i lose, as long as im down under 100 when it checks out, if ive given myself a chance against a quality opponent like Level 9 (which seems to average between 80-100) then when i play a real opponent, if i get a chance i might take it

Level 9 don't reckon I'll try that, I tried 15 once, it was gas,like playing Taylor or something

9 is grand, throws 15-21 darters regularly, so you gotta be good to win

but if you can win in 15-18 darts every time, you'll beat most people you play

Anyone for a game around 3pm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Anyone for a game around 3pm?

Yep ill have a game with ya at 3 buddy

matty84 wrote: »
    Yep ill have a game with ya at 3 buddy

Sound Matty!:)

Sound Matty!:)

No probs!
    Do you wanna act as a client or a server??Is ur dartpro username ratinakeg?

No probs!
    Do you wanna act as a client or a server??Is ur dartpro username ratinakeg?

I'll be server as I'm having problems joining games. yeah ratinakeg is my username

after clicking onto you there on the whos online page mate but nothings happening???

I've set it up Matty!:)

after clicking onto you there on the whos online page mate but nothings happening???

:confused:

• Advertisement

Try it again mate, it should be ok!

My internet signal went for a second Matty:(, it's now ok!

My internet signal went for a second Matty:(, it's now ok!

No probs still waiting tho, i must have only hit 3 doubles out of 30 so far:confused::rolleyes::confused:

No probs still waiting tho, i must have only hit 3 doubles out of 30 so far:confused::rolleyes::confused:

We were both awful at the doubles, I'm going down the the off license to get myself a few cans so I can relax. The game has just froze for me, I should be back in a few minutes.

We were both awful at the doubles, I'm going down the the off license to get myself a few cans so I can relax. The game has just froze for me, I should be back in a few minutes.

Oh stop my hand does be like a rattle snake when im under pressure:eek:
    Yeah our doubles were shocking our scoring could of been better too think i was averaging 56.something:mad::mad:

Not looking forward to the post match interview:D:D:D

Oh stop my hand does be like a rattle snake when im under pressure:eek:
    Yeah our doubles were shocking our scoring could of been better too think i was averaging 56.something:mad::mad:

Not looking forward to the post match interview:D:D:D

LOL!!!:D:D

My average was 59. something!:(

I'm not really in the mood to play now because if I get anymore angry with myself my head is going to explode!:eek::mad::D

LOL!!!:D:D

My average was 59. something!:(

I'm not really in the mood to play now because if I get anymore angry with myself my head is going to explode!:eek::mad::D

I no pal im in the same boat its such a frustrating game aint it, one day you think you could take on the world the next you couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo:eek::confused::mad:

I no pal im in the same boat its such a frustrating game aint it, one you think you could take on the world the next you couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo:eek::confused::mad:

I know mate, I'm gonna give it an hour or 2 before I return to the oche!:(

I know mate, I'm gonna give it an hour or 2 before I return to the oche!:(

Me 2 im not gonna throw till later on tonight, dnt beat yourself up 2 bad bud its how ya deal with bad days that will make you the top player you wanna be

• Advertisement

i might join yis at the oche later

mates all studying or out of country

Advertisement