Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTs in TV Shows?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

CTs in tv shows? Jericho instantly springs to mind! Now I don't want to give too much away.... It's set in a small rural town called Jericho in Kansas and follows the events there as 20 or so nuclear bombs go off in major American cities. I won't say too much more, but shady corporations, Gov plots, FEMA camps etc etc feature. Starts off slow, but by episode 8 you're rocking. Well worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

toiletduck wrote: »
    Starts off slow, but by episode 8 you're rocking

And then by season 2 its run its course and gets canceled. Was a promising show, just ruined by bad writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

In fairness they wrapped up things well in season two. Any more would just have been dragging it out to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Yeah I love 24. I'll normally wait and not watch an episode until the series is over, then I'll watch every single episode in a row, in one sitting without any sleep :D

Enjoyed early series of xfiles but lost interest after I think about the second series. Some of the stories were really good though. Maybe the earlier writing was better I dunno, seems to have went downhill after a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Bumped because of a point raised in another thread.

are programs like Startrek, Stargate,Babylon5 etc being made to condition us for the arrival of alien beings and their Galactic Federation?

is there a grain of truth behind what is being show as Fiction, Global conciousness I think is the concept I'm tryin to get at, that if you make it part of our culture then when it does happen we wont be as freaked out, hey we might even get a little KirkEsque and try to get it on with some of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Some of the tech in Star Trek has actually made its way into the real world, the graphical displays in TOS are now used in the present day, same with mobile phones. Israeli scientists have actually developed a device like what they used in TNG to heal wounds. Do I think this is conditioning, more than likely not. I think they're just the results of technologically developing societies, social environments influence culture and vice versa and technology is linked with this imo. I'd say Picardesque would be more accurate, Kirk was renowned for starting fist fights with aliens in some sand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I believe Battlestar Galactica is based on ufos which were shot down and robots were found in them , i was reading about it a while ago , so I think its based on a real incident , i don't have time to find links right now about it .

I believe star wars was based on a robot head that was found on the moon , there is a photo of it on the internet , here it is :
    http://www.enterprisemission.com/datashead.htm

I also believe star trek is based on ufo incidents and reports , so i believe it is based on real events .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 darkraverTC

Hoho theres a far more bigger conspiracy to star wars than that;)

Hoho theres a far more bigger conspiracy to star wars than that;)
    feel like elaborating?

Oh on the topic of Piccardesque
    http://i30.tinypic.com/5fjc0i.jpg

I might make a sig from it.

Memes, another branch of the brainwashing program????????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

hey we might even get a little KirkEsque and try to get it on with some of them

Not at all. Kirk never got on with any of them. :D

• Advertisement

espinolman wrote: »
    I believe Battlestar Galactica is based on ufos which were shot down and robots were found in them , i was reading about it a while ago , so I think its based on a real incident , i don't have time to find links right now about it .

I believe star wars was based on a robot head that was found on the moon , there is a photo of it on the internet , here it is :
    http://www.enterprisemission.com/datashead.htm

I also believe star trek is based on ufo incidents and reports , so i believe it is based on real events .

In you opinion are there any original bits of science fiction? Or do they all stem from a cover up/discovery?

theres a docco somewhere by Shatner about how Startrek changd the world.

<I'll stick it in here in a minute>

raises some interestin points, theres always the old urban ledgend that in the first few eisodes of startrek the doors were operated by some blokes going Whoooooosh and pulling them :D:D:D:D

theres also another bit about how one guy watchin TNG got the ideafor MP3, which is very interesting, its like that bit in the Stan Deyo antigrav docco that was posted a while ago, they got all the scientist into a room and showed them a video of a guy using an antigrav machine, which unfortunatley exploes and kills him, and then they let them loose in the guys lab and see if they can replicate it, when they finaly crack the secret to it they are taken into another room and introduced to the guy from the original video, who turns out to be qn actor, and they say, hey we had toget you to believe it was possiblefirst oterwise you wouldnt have been able tomake it work.

but anyway I digress

I think that there is 'some' element of truth behind 'some' of what we are beingbombarded with on the telly, its an attempt to pacify theglobal conciousness and prepare us for contact with the alien races that the initial idea stemmed from.

so a lot of it is introspective and based on the events f the day etc, but some of it is a kind of 'brainwashn' to prepare us for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

While we're on the topic of Star Trek, there's a TNG episode which essentially Die Hard on the Enterprise. And Picard is McClane. It's called "Starship Mine".

People are going to watch SF and think "Hey, that gadget is pretty cool." and then try to develop those gadgets. Seems a lot simpler as an explanation than aliens manipulating media to condition us for their arrival.
    Memes, another branch of the brainwashing program????????

Memes how? In the internet humour sense? If so, I am ashamed on behalf of the NWO... Any information or concepts used to brainwash are obviously memes in the strict sense, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I think that there is 'some' element of truth behind 'some' of what we are beingbombarded with on the telly, its an attempt to pacify theglobal conciousness and prepare us for contact with the alien races that the initial idea stemmed from.

But to believe that to be true surly ALL sci-fi should have the same sort of message? Why then are some films about aliens coming down to kill us all and some about benevolent kind types? It would be a bit pointless wouldn't it?

..., and then they let them loose in the guys lab and see if they can replicate it, when they finaly crack the secret...

Did they produce an antigravity machine in the end?

S'dat teh episode where he's crawlin around ventilation shafts withthe Kids in tow??

Meme's I suppose in the whole global conciousness concept just tied together, liminal messaging :D:D some even ultraliminal, but maybethats the wrong word, it just the nomdejour for the concept of Popart.

ok the videos

this is an excerpt from the stan Deyo presentation its 9 prts I thinkthis is the right one

heres the starterblurb from the shatner docco, its on googlevideo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

But to believe that to be true surly ALL sci-fi should have the same sort of message? Why then are some films about aliens coming down to kill us all and some about benevolent kind types? It would be a bit pointless wouldn't it?

ref galactic federation

when Europeans began this current wave of explorin the planet there were some societies that welcomed them in with open arms and traded, there were some that were terrified of them, there were some that worshiped them as Gods and there were some who killed skinned and ate them on sight.

if our own species has been shown to behave in an irational and incosistent manner why would aliens be any different, there are probably some really nice alien races who will assist us and be friendly, there are also probably some that will kill skin and eat us :eek:

we have to be 'prepared' for all possible events

Did they produce an antigravity machine in the end?

watch the stan Deyo Docco and try it for yerself, I've been coilin washers for ages, and I still only have 7 of em, soon as I have about twenty I'll see about gettin a DC signal generator and tryin it for meself, Current rate of progress puts that in 2010 sometime, unless anyone out there wants to coil wire around washers for me :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

watch the stan Deyo Docco and try it for yerself,

Is that a yes, or a no?

• Advertisement

watch the stan Deyo Docco and try it for yerself, I've been coilin washers for ages, and I still only have 7 of em, soon as I have about twenty I'll see about gettin a DC signal generator and tryin it for meself, Current rate of progress puts that in 2010 sometime, unless anyone out there wants to coil wire around washers for me :D:D

So no is the answer then?

well Mr Deyo says they did, and he explains how it works inthe presentation, its 8-9 ats long but tis very good.

well Mr Deyo says they did, and he explains how it works inthe presentation, its 8-9 ats long but tis very good.

You believe him?

when Europeans began this current wave of explorin the planet there were some societies that welcomed them in with open arms and traded, there were some that were terrified of them, there were some that worshiped them as Gods and there were some who killed skinned and ate them on sight.

if our own species has been shown to behave in an irational and incosistent manner why would aliens be any different, there are probably some really nice alien races who will assist us and be friendly, there are also probably some that will kill skin and eat us :eek:

we have to be 'prepared' for all possible events

Or for a better analogy, indivdual members of the same alien races could want to learn from our science while others would want to blow us up.

Undergod wrote: »
    Or for a better analogy, indivdual members of the same alien races could want to learn from our science while others would want to blow us up.

That means they must have 2 types of ship/technology, one for goodies, another for baddies.

So the audience can easily identify which is which?

That means they must have 2 types of ship/technology, one for goodies, another for baddies.

Why would it imply that???????

Right I was thinkin

all this 2012 stuff and the movie about the end of the world coming out and this fueling mass hysteria andmore conspiracies.

now we know which came first in this situation, the CT

But this is for the older members of the Forum

Capricorn One

was the CT around before or After the movie came out.

IE did you her people talkin about a faked moon landing before the movie or after the movie??

tis an important point I think.

Advertisement