Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it good to set oneself a limit?

Options
  • 13-05-2009 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

On how much you win per day? Im currently limiting myself to making 100 Euro per day which i have being making easily for the last 16 days playing 1/2 nl with a bankroll of 10k, i know i could make more but im not greedy as greed has often cost me in the past, so is it good to limit myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I wish I could choose how much I win per day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

ya anytime i win a €500 pot i go ahead and lose €400 to ensure i dont get to big headed

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sounds good, 700 a week, easy, good going OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭SouthKerry

mdwexford wrote: »
    Sounds good, 700 a week, easy, good going OP.

No i only play Monday To Friday, the reason why is because ive always seemed to play really bad at the weekend, what with friends calling around and mind distracted. Im quiet happy with 500 per week and hope i continue, i get nervous sometimes that my streak will end but so far it has not, if i feel the urge to Tilt after a few bad beats i just move down levels and grind for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59012827#post59012827
    SouthKerry wrote: »
    Hi guys i tried playing poker before but im not good, so i just gave up but im always looking for ways to invest some money and i love watching poker, so i would be willing to stake good poker players for a 50/50 profit. Ive got some money on titan poker which i think is on the i poker network.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

No offense op but the lack of understanding in your post means your 'streak' almost certainly won't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Do Be Careful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Don't be cynical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

I be callin shennanigans!

shenanigansmob_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭craigb

you are tilting me so much right now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Dont Be.... Chris?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

100 a day more then the average wage now in ireland dont worry be happy and enjoy it while it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Just play poker, you cant can't decide to win so much per session.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,152 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Your bankroll is 10k?

Are you serious?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Your bankroll is 10k?

Are you serious?

:eek:

That's only ~66 BIs at 200NL (assuming the 10k is €'s and the game $). In today's games I think that is perfect for a pro/semi-pro. I'm not necessarily saying you need that online in one lump, but you need that BR somewhere IMO to avoid playing scared money and to be able to absorb a, say, 25BI downswing without a risk of ruin and without needing to move down for BR reasons (choosing to move down for confidence reasons is a different matter).

If I had my way, I'd play on a 100BI roll, so I'd never ever have to give up an ounce of EV because "meh, I'm not stacking off with AK cause it's my last orbit of the day", or, "I'm not 3betting this guy though I know I should cause I'm even for the day and don't want to get into the red". This bollox happens when you have even half an eye on your BR. It's the psychological element of a huge roll to me that's the thing.

Yeah i understand.

Man that's some serious change! But i guess if you're gonna be semi pro/pro then why not?

The idea of betting that much money boggles my mind :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭SouthKerry

While i dont always limit myself to 100 mostly i do, tonight for example i went over the 100 by 22 euro so i played on till i made 200 which i did thankfully, on average i would spent 6-7 hours playing per day except weekends. Tomorrow i just want to get my target of 100 and relax without playing poker for the weekend. This thread is not meant to be me boosting only trying to keep updated as long as i keep up playing so well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Get a blog. People who care will read that.

CHD wrote: »

Or people like yourself will make stupid comments about it.

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Or people like yourself will make stupid comments about it.
    obv

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

While i dont always limit myself to 100 mostly i do, tonight for example i went over the 100 by 22 euro so i played on till i made 200 which i did thankfully, on average i would spent 6-7 hours playing per day except weekends. Tomorrow i just want to get my target of 100 and relax without playing poker for the weekend. This thread is not meant to be me boosting only trying to keep updated as long as i keep up playing so well.

6 hours to make avg 100 euro, losen up man u can win hands with out AA's u know

You can win with AA? :(

lol. It amuses me greatly when this board tries to act like mini-2+2. Like hormonal American adolescents are a blueprint for intelligent discourse.

IMO ftw etc.

lol. It amuses me greatly when this board tries to act like mini-2+2. Like hormonal American adolescents are a blueprint for intelligent discourse.

IMO ftw etc.
    It amuses me greatly when people like you reply and say things like this. Like tempermental grumpy old men.

kthnxbai imo etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Ya its good to set a limit.....the sky's the limit baby!!! :cool:

It amuses me greatly when people like you reply and say things like this. Like tempermental grumpy old men.

kthnxbai imo etc :)

4 real bro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

This is not a good idea. Why stopper your wins? Just play when you feel your playing good, have no distractions than trying to grind out your 100 a day. Its also unpossible to keep up FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

whats ur limit for losing just as a matter of interest - do you stop at any limit?

imo setting limits is a very bad idea unless then limit is "i'll stop if i lose 4 buyins" or something like that -

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rakeline

On how much you win per day? Im currently limiting myself to making 100 Euro per day which i have being making easily for the last 16 days playing 1/2 nl with a bankroll of 10k, i know i could make more but im not greedy as greed has often cost me in the past, so is it good to limit myself?

Dont think about money, itll make you play bad in pots youll be up 80 and have QQ on a K82 flop against a donkey and play slow passive saving your money. Instead say im playing 2 hours today if at anytime i lose ~ 3buyins im quitting. Itll be better for ya money makes ya mad try take it out of your game. ( havent read the tread)

Advertisement