Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do people on here make at poker

Options
  • 12-12-2008 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi guys just a quick question imm new at poker and was just wondering how much on average do players make at poker playing online, ive just started and have been making 5o dollars per day as my limit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Yabbadimday

one miiiiiiiiilion dollars.

per week only.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You have a limit to how much you make a day?

As for your original question, I'd say a lot of people here lose money, some break even or win a small amount over all, some win a decent amount, and some clean up. Pretty much across the spectrum really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Im happy with the amount Im making over the last few weeks but realise I need to improve alot if Im going to continue to use poker as a source of funds. Having said that I have improved immensely over the last month or two and I think a good part of that is due to boards and the rest to the amount of play I put in so I recommend playing a good 3-4 hours a day and contributing your opinions/thought processes in the theory section and learning from some of the excellent posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I think at the last count the running total of monies won by boards players was $72.8m, that could be slightly inflated, but based on what everyone posts there doesn't seem to be any losers in the game... :confused: strange one that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

yes i limit myself to 50 per day, you see if you dont have a limit what are u playing for, if you want to make money at any gambling you gotta set a limit or else you will just loose it all out of greed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

yes i limit myself to 50 per day, you see if you dont have a limit what are u playing for, if you want to make money at any gambling you gotta set a limit or else you will just loose it all out of greed.

TBH thats pretty poor reasoning.
    If you are at a table with an absolute fish pushing every single hand, are you just going to stay until you win one buyin off him and then leave?
    If so I would have a serious look at your tactics again.

Also say you are in a hole, you have suffered two bad beats and are down a lot of money for the day, are you going to continue to play until you finish the day up 50? This also is not advisable as you could end up playing on tilt/tired/not in the right frame of mind, allowing you to lose a lot more of your bankroll.

Basically your system of trying to win 50quid a day is just not very bright. You should play for as long as you feel you are playing your "A" game, it is far and away the most positive EV way to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hi guys just a quick question imm new at poker and was just wondering how much on average do players make at poker playing online, ive just started and have been making 5o dollars per day as my limit

what stakes are you playing?
    to place limits on the amount you lose is perfectable accetable and is indeed crucial to br management and tilt control - say lose 3 buy ins and quit for the day or session, but to have limits on the amount you win is v.stupid, cause when playin against a fish, your losin out on so much by "hitting and running", why stop when you could possible win 2/3 buy ins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I thought by "limit" you meant "target".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

when i was living in the Dam i was getting 50 euro for every 15 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

100 euro a night yo pokers ezzzzz

• Advertisement

100 euro a night yo pokers ezzzzz

it's easy when you hit royalers and do a hit a run for a one ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

cuterob wrote: »
    when i was living in the Dam i was getting 50 euro for every 15 minutes

you must be cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Ste05 wrote: »
    I think at the last count the running total of monies won by boards players was $72.8m,

I've made more than that on my own tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

We know Nicky, but the rest of us are all losing players, bringing down the Boards total!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i just started to hang around with a proper shark. I seen him in action and he makes a living off cards. He could make more but he lays back once he has enough. Not all the time but odd time. He has a house near me rent free. He dont cheat he just knows how to read anyone. I played against him and we had a neutral dealer obviously. He ruined me. Anyone ever in waterford looking for a game of poker pm me and i guarantee you will lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Radian10

I was playing a cash game yesterday and was in a 300bb pot and to my dismay I saw that if I won the pot I would pass my limit for the day so I did the sensible thing and snap-folded his river bet with the nutz

Prob better off in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

seanybiker wrote: »
    i just started to hang around with a proper shark. I seen him in action and he makes a living off cards. He could make more but he lays back once he has enough. Not all the time but odd time. He has a house near me rent free. He dont cheat he just knows how to read anyone. I played against him and we had a neutral dealer obviously. He ruined me. Anyone ever in waterford looking for a game of poker pm me and i guarantee you will lose.

I also heard he was 8 foot tall, has laser beam eyes, and can shoot lighting bolts out of his ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Poker players make a lot of money. ESPECIALLY FROM ME,(sigh)

Wow, so he's like some sort of professional card player!! :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Anyone ever in waterford looking for a game of poker pm me and i guarantee you will lose.

hmmm

go to Waterford

lose monies - guaranteed

hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

I bet its Russ hamilton....Sure he`s unbeatable..No better place ta hide like Waterford anyway...Lots of dark holes

Whyno wrote: »
    I bet its Russ hamilton....Sure he`s unbeatable..No better place ta hide like Waterford anyway...Lots of dark holes
    Couldn't be IMO, he specifically says:
    He dont cheat he just knows how to read anyone.

My guess is it's KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is he also fond of a bit of donkey riding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mits2006

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    i know a guy called mickey radigan that will play him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

i found this part hilarious for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

€50 profit last night.
    EZ money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SIDESHOW BOBs

pity i didnt know that before, often went to waterford often lost me bollix would of aved a lot of wasted time and petrol if he took the whole lot of me the first time

pm sent:)

BobSloane wrote: »
    you must be cute

lol thank fcuk someone got what i was saying.. the dam is a quality town of sorts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Does he have terrible tusks,and terrible claws,and terrible teeth in his terrible jaws?
    Does he have knobbly knees,and turned out toes and a poisonous wart at the end of his nose?
    Are his eyes orange,his tongue black? does he have purple prickles all over his back?

Is his name Gruffalo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

not making enough obv,
    I agree with your thoughts around setting limits i normally stop digging the hole when i have done 5k:rolleyes:

Advertisement