Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kalash Aks74u - Good gun?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

good gun, very reliable, solid build and quite realistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

the full steel model is great, internally and externally.

I think thats the one Tony stocks.

Best aksu for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

Yep couldn't agree more! Solid full metal and wood build, decent ROF, surprisingly good range and accuracy for a sub machine gun. I think there is a detailed review by here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

Sounds good.Any faults to report with it guys?

Mag compatibility can be an issue, can someone elaborate, my keyboards fecked.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055518185

Its discussed there, same issue, two solutions.

• Advertisement

How is it performance wise? Rof,fps,accuracy etc....
    Would it have the range and accuracy to be used in a sniper role?
    Any problems with mag feeding?

Its fps is legally limited to below 328 with a .2g bb in this country, it is a short aeg, I don't know what kind of sniping you expect to do with that.

Rof is pretty ordinary, quite decent on 9.6 volts.

Its a solid aeg, but don't expect to be sniping anything with it, and make sure its below 1 joule if you are importing it.

Its fps is legally limited to below 328 with a .2g bb in this country, it is a short aeg, I don't know what kind of sniping you expect to do with that.

Rof is pretty ordinary, quite decent on 9.6 volts.

Its a solid aeg, but don't expect to be sniping anything with it, and make sure its below 1 joule if you are importing it.

Would it have the same range as an airsoft sniper rifle?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Range would be quite similar as a result of the one joule rule but accuracy would be a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

To make it more accurate, you could get a longer version and then even get a silencer and extend the barrel into that. That would make a big difference in accuracy. Still wouldn't be as quiet as a bolt action though.

Also the mag compatibility issue is that Kalash have made their mag catch shorter than usual so approx 1mm needs to be filed off the magazines mag catch (not on the standard Kalash mags but on other mags).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

considering the short barel my one is quite accurate!

Advertisement