Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new crystal

Options
  • 12-05-2009 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

I hav a a GLYCINE Spectrum watch which is important to me for sentimental reasons.I wear it a good bit but noticed a pretty big scratch on the glass face about ten days.Have not worn it since.Kind of annoyed with myself.Anyway seemingly can be replaced at a cost of fifty euro.There is also a "sapphire" coated glass which is supposed to be scratch resistant.I have been quoted ninety euro for this.Its the same place in Dublin city centre.

Does anyone know is it worth spending the extra money?Or is there no difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The glass on my Tag is Sapphire, and I've knocked it, dropped it, and it's still immaculate 3 years on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭bluecell99

Looks like its the sapphire for me so - in a few weeks when I can bear to part with the money in one go!!!

It was my fathers 40 th.wedding anniversary watch he received from mother in 2002 and also passed away the same year.

Advertisement