Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amstrad users?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Liamo Valentino

I have a CPC 6128 in the attic that still work's. My very first computer.
    Dreamed about Final Fight being released for it but 'twas not to be......
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I have a CPC 6128 in the attic that still work's. My very first computer.
    Dreamed about Final Fight being released for it but 'twas not to be......
    :(

Final Fight did get released in tape format in 1991... it was horrid
    final-fight-9.png

Amstrad Action reviewed this in issue 74 and gave it 93%, but i think they were on crack at the time because they were trying to shove the GX4000 down everyones throats as the successor to the Sega Mastersystem! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

wasn't there a flight type game called R-TYPE on the 464 it was state of the art at the time,,,,and what about that the strange noise when the tapes loaded,,,,oooowwwww,,,weeeeeeeeee,,,,ooooowww:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Used to have an Amastrad CPC 464+ back in the day (with Burning Rubber on cartridge), remember picking it up in Portlaoise and getting to choose the 2 games with it, went for some compilation bundles (by Codemasters I think) a sports one and an adventure one (that had the original Dizzy on it). Near the end had almost 100 games for the thing, twas good times. Anyone else copy Basic out of magazines to play very simple games? Or remember the publisher Ocean?

Also a friend had a dual cassette player so would copy games on it, gave me a demo version of Laser Squad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I remember reading the reviews of the 464+ in Amstrad Action and the resident Amstrad fan boys getting all excited by it. Never really saw one in the flesh though.

Used to copy some of the game progs alright. I remember there was some program that you could run first and it would return a checksum for each line you entered. You could then check against the checksum in the mag to see if you had typed it correctly.

And yeah OCean was one of the biggest publishers of games back in the day. Batman, Operation Wolf, New Zealand Story, etc. They were all ocean games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement