Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice

Options
  • 08-05-2009 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Damaged my foot there just under 2 weeks ago - went over akwardly on it when playing soccer. Was very bad for 2 or 3 days and was limping badly on it but then got better with the help of some anti-inflamatories. Thing is though, it hasn't really improved at all since then, which was over a week ago.

I'm walking fine on it and only rarely have slight pain in it. But what's gettin to me is that I wouldn't trust myself to run on it or play any sports. I got a jolt of pain when I tried to sprint across the street there today.

If I lean certain ways on the foot, it cracks loudly, whereas there are no such cracks when I lean the same way on my other foot.

I presume nothing is broken if I have full movement? And I'm thinking that it probably just needs time to heal? But should I be doing exercises to strengthen the muscle/tendons/whatever around those cracking bones, or should I just try and rest it as much as possible?

Just killing me that I can't really play any sport on it and I wanna get it sorted as soon as possible, so any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Mate, get thee to a physio or a neuromuscular therapist or other such expert - we can't give medical advice on this forum and even if we did it would be pretty much useless and possibly dangerous as these things need to be seen in real life and checked out in person.

What I'd say that is if after a week you're still in pain you definitely sound like you have a problem there so go and get some professional help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I suggest going to a sports physio. Yes, it's almost certain that it will heal fully in time, but a good course of physio exercises can speed up healing, and if there is a problem, now is the time to get it looked at.

I made the mistake a few years ago of ignoring a pain in my foot which didn't heal quickly after a lot of barefoot jumping at taekwondo. Guess what, I had dislocated bones in my foot, and by the time I get fed up with the pain, they had healed wrong, so instead of a couple of weeks in strapping, I had to shell out for lots of physiotherapy and custom-made insoles. And I'm forever barred from barefoot sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

i shagged my foot up a few years ago too..would be fine after a few days then id re injure it again etc etc..a year later i was limping every day.
    Went to a physio and had it sorted in about 3 weeks.been perfect since..go to one NOW!!

Advertisement