Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to register online and claim levy/tax credits/ refunds : Now Includes Forms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Claim in on Paye anytime in the 2011 section

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

Claim in on Paye anytime in the 2011 section

Even if revenue have already issued cheque for 2011?

Yes

It has to go into the year that it relates

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Quick question - claiming tax back now for my college fees paid by my dad in 2010/2011. Curious, we paid about 10k (13k course, 3k met by grant). what is the best way to claim this? to claim it in one tax year (2010) or to spread it out over 2, and to claim it in 2010 and 2011 or is this even possible? I'm just conscious of the fact that the fees are capped at 5k, so am i correct in saying if i claim all in 2010 I will only get 1k back, but if i spread it out over 2010 and 2011 I will get 1k for each year?

thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jenniferalan

When applying for tax back on medical expenses, union fees etc do they refund by tax credits or into your account using the online system? I need to apply for last number of years but currently in receipt of illness benefit. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

When applying for tax back on medical expenses, union fees etc do they refund by tax credits or into your account using the online system? I need to apply for last number of years but currently in receipt of illness benefit. Thanks

If a review of prior tax years shows that you are due a refund for those years, it is refunded to your bank account or cheque. Changes to the active tax years credits only refer to the portion of the additional tax credits which relate to the active tax year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Hi could someone tell me when I apply for my tax credits should my employer also receive a letter with my tax credits? I received a letter over a month ago but my employer says he has received nothing. I started work mid December and there is no payments of tax or USC showing up online even though it has me registered with the employer.

h2005 wrote: »
    Hi could someone tell me when I apply for my tax credits should my employer also receive a letter with my tax credits? I received a letter over a month ago but my employer says he has received nothing. I started work mid December and there is no payments of tax or USC showing up online even though it has me registered with the employer.

A tax credit cert issues to your employer automatically when you are issued one. The majority of employers receive the cert in an electronic format to their ROS system. If he has not received one for you then he needs to contact the employers helpline to see if there is some issue.

The fact that there is no pay and tax details showing online for 2012 May mean that your employer has not filed their end of year return with Revenue with your details on it. Has he given you your P60 for 2012?

A tax credit cert issues to your employer automatically when you are issued one. The majority of employers receive the cert in an electronic format to their ROS system. If he has not received one for you then he needs to contact the employers helpline to see if there is some issue.

The fact that there is no pay and tax details showing online for 2012 May mean that your employer has not filed their end of year return with Revenue with your details on it. Has he given you your P60 for 2012?
    No but to be fair it`s a part time job I only started in December but I`m just unsure how trust worthy he is.

• Advertisement

No but to be fair it`s a part time job I only started in December but I`m just unsure how trust worthy he is.

Are you getting payslips?

Yes thanks for the replies btw.

Yes thanks for the replies btw.

Then, he's probably just late filing his end of year return to Revenue. Ask him to provide you with your p60 for last year as it was due to you by mid February. Regarding the tax credit cert. You or he can request it to be reissued. However, probably better if he rings just in case there was a technical issue with him not receiving the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Are you getting payslips?

Keep all your paper payslips in case you need them later .

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

HI There

Just a quick questions, I am looking to claim tax back for medical expenses last year and possibly the year before that my partner paid for. She haas VHI insurance that covered some but not all of the expenses. Does this mean I can only claim tax back on the amount that was not covered by VHI or can I still claim tax back on the full amount paid out originally by us?

Thanks
    JB

JB81 wrote: »
    HI There

Just a quick questions, I am looking to claim tax back for medical expenses last year and possibly the year before that my partner paid for. She haas VHI insurance that covered some but not all of the expenses. Does this mean I can only claim tax back on the amount that was not covered by VHI or can I still claim tax back on the full amount paid out originally by us?

Thanks
    JB
    Only claim on what wasn't refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

cheers for that, thanks

JB

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

Hi

I was just wondering what is the procedure or process to find out if I'm entitled to try and claim back any extra emergency tax that think I paid at the end of last year.

I'm not sure if I'd be entitled to any tax back, as I had been working part time up till November, and then was made redundant, and so was signed on the dole for 4 weeks, and then got a full time job. And in the first month of the new full time job they put me down on emergency tax. So I was wondering If I could claim any of it back.

I have a P60 from my new employer, (though it only shows the wages and tax that they took and none of the other items [the previous job and the unemployment benifit].

I seem to be on the right tax from January of this year.

Thanks for any advice. cheers, Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi,
    I was just wondering am i entitled to any tax back?i have been working with the same employer for the last 6 years.I get paid every month and my average tax paid would be about 300 a month.everytime I receive my p60 i feel im due back a big sum but for some strange reason i get like 30-40 euro's
    Im 23 year old student who pays his own rent,fees and everything else that goes with it

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was just wondering am i entitled to any tax back?i have been working with the same employer for the last 6 years.I get paid every month and my average tax paid would be about 300 a month.everytime I receive my p60 i feel im due back a big sum but for some strange reason i get like 30-40 euro's
    Im 23 year old student who pays his own rent,fees and everything else that goes with it

Refunds of tax are based on you claiming additional tax credits and/or reliefs or by the fact that your employer has overcharged you for some reason. When you login to your online account, what credits and/or reliefs have you claimed?

• Advertisement

Refunds of tax are based on you claiming additional tax credits and/or reliefs or by the fact that your employer has overcharged you for some reason. When you login to your online account, what credits and/or reliefs have you claimed?
    Havnt checked there resetting my pin via post...
    Couple of questions as a student who is self dependent am I entitled to anything ie rent allowance...fees allowance?
    Should i be paying USC?

Havnt checked there resetting my pin via post...
    Couple of questions as a student who is self dependent am I entitled to anything ie rent allowance...fees allowance?
    Should i be paying USC?

As a student you are treated no differently than anyone else. Taxation is based on income. The link below will assist.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/personal/circumstances/student.html

thats what i figured but then it states that im not entitled to rent allowence as im still in education.how does that make sense?

thats what i figured but then it states that im not entitled to rent allowence as im still in education.how does that make sense?

Are you asking about Rent Tax Credit or Rent Allowance?

i was never informed about rent tax credit.....i was purley using an example as to why am i getting more or less screwed with tax every month to find out every year that im entitled to sweet feck all.

Rent allowance has nothing to do with tax though - It's a Social welfare payment.

For Tax - When you have access to PAYEonline check that you are claiming all the credits that you are entittled to.

most people wouldnt be due anything back at yearend tax wise appart from Heath Expenses Credits as employers would be working oo the correct information in most cases when processing payroll

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

If i had a health expense of approx. €4000 in 2012, is that the figure i fill in under "Gross Relief Due" on the Revenue online system??

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

just got a letter in the post yesterday asking for receipts of health expenses 2009/10/11/12. I have got a few receipts . not all of them at all and haven't a clue what I amounts I put claims in for over the past few years.I am terrible at this. At the time I did claim for extractions and braces under dental. I now discover I cant claim for extractions. Anyhow, I am really stressed, haven't a clue where to start, cant access PAYE online for 2010/2009. It wont let me. I rang the lady in the office and we did have a chat, i'd say I have overclamined dental - what will Revenue do to me....

just got a letter in the post yesterday asking for receipts of health expenses 2009/10/11/12. I have got a few receipts . not all of them at all and haven't a clue what I amounts I put claims in for over the past few years.I am terrible at this. At the time I did claim for extractions and braces under dental. I now discover I cant claim for extractions. Anyhow, I am really stressed, haven't a clue where to start, cant access PAYE online for 2010/2009. It wont let me. I rang the lady in the office and we did have a chat, i'd say I have overclamined dental - what will Revenue do to me....

Like with all refunds, you must have proof to back up your claim. Your claims will be adjusted to what you have proof for and their validity.
    You may owe money to Revenue for your overclaims. This money can be repaid to Revenue in a lump sum by you or if its too much, it can be paid back by reducing your tax credits over the next few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I requested my P21 statements online for the past 3 years there last week. It says it takes two days but can't see anything when I log on under the requests tab?

Advertisement