Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intelligent life cover-up!?.[ET/UFO]

Options
  • 08-05-2009 4:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Is there a cover-up, some say by nasa.ET/UFO conspiracy.
    The question of life on other worlds has 3 aspects; that i would like to cover.....

a] is there any life form, even microcopic, on a planet other then our own!?
    b] is there intelligent life, able to communicate with us, on a star-system other then our own!?
    c] how intelligent do we need to be to communicate back!?

william whewell, an early voise in the extraterrestrail life debate said in 1853, the discussions in which we are engaged belongs to the very boundary regions of science,to the frontier where knowledge ...ends and ignorance begins.
    though science has made great strides in finding primitive life ,or at least likely abodes of such life ,our searches are still limited by the terrestrail concept of life and intelligence.

do you believe there is a cover-up by governments beyond our control!?

Intelligent life cover-up!? 17 votes

you believe we have been visited by intelligent life.
    0%
    you believe their is a cover-up of intelligent life.
    11%
    6thScrambled egg 2 votes
    you believe, ET was here, but no contact.
    41%
    i57dwun4yb1pt8Mahatma coatDuffSome_PersonbriktopilivetolearndarkraverTC 7 votes
    you want to believe!?
    5%
    jonbravo 1 vote
    there is no intelligent life other then us!
    11%
    Red CrowzonEEE 2 votes
    you dont believe in ET or UFO's.
    0%
    there is a good scientific probability that ET life may exist
    5%
    tony 2 tone 1 vote
    the evidence thus far presented that ET life has been discovered has not been compelling
    17%
    netwhizkidsillymoo2007thusspakeblixa 3 votes
    the evidence of a government cover-up of ET life does not appear plausible
    5%
    Black Swan 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Well I know microscopic organisms were found on Mars and on a moon orbiting either jupiter or saturn I cant recall which.
    Such is the nature of theories in general that it is hard to prove one way or another.However I often think that,as you concisely put it,the frontiers of science should be where earnest investigation be carried out.Even if to only push that frontier a little further.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

you want to believe!?
    bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Well I know microscopic organisms were found on Mars and on a moon orbiting either jupiter or saturn I cant recall which.
    Such is the nature of theories in general that it is hard to prove one way or another.However I often think that,as you concisely put it,the frontiers of science should be where earnest investigation be carried out.Even if to only push that frontier a little further.
    on the morning of 25th of july 2001,residents of a small town in the kottayam district[india] heard a loud sonic boom accompanied by lightning,followed by monsoon rain for some minutes, the rain turned blood red. an investigation examined the particles and have confirmed that they are biological cells AND also suggests the presence of DNA.[cardiff university, chanda wickramasinghe,for more info.]

terrestrial or alien!?
    a burning meteorite threw out red dust which came down as red rain was meant to add that the first time sorry.

jonbravo wrote: »
    on the morning of 25th of july 2001,residents of a small town in the kottayam district[india] heard a loud sonic boom accompanied by lightning,followed by monsoon rain for some minutes, the rain turned blood red. an investigation examined the particles and have confirmed that they are biological cells AND also suggests the presence of DNA.[cardiff university, chanda wickramasinghe,for more info.]

terrestrial or alien!?
    a burning meteorite threw out red dust which came down as red rain was meant to add that the first time sorry.

Well if it was from the meteorite it is alien by definition.It also suggests that more evolved life forms could be present elsewhere in the universe.Presuming of course evolution occurs,remember that even this is a theory that many dispute it.

you want to believe!?
    Well if it was from the meteorite it is alien by definition.It also suggests that more evolved life forms could be present elsewhere in the universe.Presuming of course evolution occurs,remember that even this is a theory that many dispute it.
    ok, if there is life forms present where are they in ufo's!? this is the question science ask's when trying to understand life on other worlds or coming to ours[ufo].
    there are many ct,s overlapping this ct.
    why do we think we can find intelligent life!?

ok, if there is life forms present where are they in ufo's!? this is the question science ask's when trying to understand life on other worlds or coming to ours[ufo].
    there are many ct,s overlapping this ct.
    why do we think we can find intelligent life!?

Well first you have to hold the belief that UFOs are indeed alien craft piloted by intelligent life forms.I mean I know of many cases where an airforces test crafts were mistaken for alien spaceships.The B-2 bomber springs to mind.When the US were testing that badboy the instances of UFO sightings increased.One shouldnt presume that something odd in the skies in an alien spaceship.
    As regards finding intelligent life out there,Id be more impressed if they found intelligent life here on Earth.Thats not a joke.I read History and the numbers lost in war is startling,in fact its hard to comprehend.My question is-why would intelligent lifeforms want to contact humankind? A race who have,through the ages, sought to impress their dominance and will on each other regardless of cost and indeed glorified prowess in which warfare is prosecuted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

do you believe there is a cover-up by governments beyond our control!?

Yes and the reason might be because of the reaction to the war of the worlds radio broadcasts , the governments think that people can't handle the truth , when the war of the worlds radio broadcasts were first put out people went berserk , i don't think most people could handle it today and the reason is because terrible things happened thousands of years ago and it reminds people of it when they hear about ufos/ets !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've no doubt there's life in some form elsewhere in the universe, but I doubt it's travelled here. And I can't imagine there being a coverup about it, as there is so little to gain from it. NASA always comes under fire as being behind a cover up, but they would gain so much by telling people there's life out there. Public interest in NASA operations is incredibly low and their funding has suffered because of it. Contact with alien life would raise them to rockstar status and they'd be able to write their own cheques.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

anyone here ever hear about the hollow earth theory. what if more intelligent life than us already exists here on earth. check out youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The two headings here crack me up.

espinolman wrote: »
    Yes and the reason might be because of the reaction to the war of the worlds radio broadcasts , the governments think that people can't handle the truth , when the war of the worlds radio broadcasts were first put out people went berserk , i don't think most people could handle it today and the reason is because terrible things happened thousands of years ago and it reminds people of it when they hear about ufos/ets !

I think the reaction to the World of the Worlds broadcast cant be held as proof that people are unable to handle contact with a form of alien life.The WotW scenario was one of invasion.If people hear that their hometown is to be visited by violent invaders,the majority will flee.If its a case of contact Id imagine most people would be at least curious.

• Advertisement

you want to believe!?
    I think the reaction to the World of the Worlds broadcast cant be held as proof that people are unable to handle contact with a form of alien life.The WotW scenario was one of invasion.If people hear that their hometown is to be visited by violent invaders,the majority will flee.If its a case of contact Id imagine most people would be at least curious.
    some reasons there not here!?

they have visited,but not in recorded history.

they have visited in recorded history [the tunguska event of 1908? - see the author's - the mystery of the tunguska fireball; erich von daniken's ancient astronauts? - [chariots of the gods].

they choose to exist in other dimensions.

they are intelligent but lack the insatiable curiosity that humans display.they have no desire to communicate.

they are omniscient , omnipotent beings and do not want to come here, as they fear we might start worshipping them like gods.

they are couch potatoes with sophisticated remote controls [why leave your couch,let alone your planet?].

and there is many more, that you could think of!?
    what could ET's use as fuel to travel the mass of space!?

some reasons there not here!?

they have visited,but not in recorded history.

they have visited in recorded history [the tunguska event of 1908? - see the author's - the mystery of the tunguska fireball; erich von daniken's ancient astronauts? - [chariots of the gods].

they choose to exist in other dimensions.

they are intelligent but lack the insatiable curiosity that humans display.they have no desire to communicate.

they are omniscient , omnipotent beings and do not want to come here, as they fear we might start worshipping them like gods.

they are couch potatoes with sophisticated remote controls [why leave your couch,let alone your planet?].

and there is many more, that you could think of!?
    what could ET's use as fuel to travel the mass of space!?

No I dont think we would worship them as gods.In Western Europe we are seeing the decline of the worship of anything divine.
    Also like I said before,given our sanguine history, why would an intelligent lifeform want to contact us.
    Also,if they are not as curious as us,why would bother to travel distances to visit us.
    Tunguska was not an alien craft crash landing.
    As regards the fuel question,its not that hard to think that alternatives to rocket-fuel can be developed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

as they fear we might start worshipping them like gods.

Yea and i think the pleiadians that visited billy meier are real and the reason they did not allow themselves to be photographed is because they do not want us to worship them .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

you believe, ET was here, but no contact.
    Thought I'd throw this on in here

Pray theres inteligent life somewhere up in space:D:D:D:D

Sometimes Humor is one of the most powerful tool we have in attempting to comprehend these tings

So an we have yer Liver then

you want to believe!?
    humanji wrote: »
    I've no doubt there's life in some form elsewhere in the universe, but I doubt it's travelled here. And I can't imagine there being a coverup about it, as there is so little to gain from it. NASA always comes under fire as being behind a cover up, but they would gain so much by telling people there's life out there. Public interest in NASA operations is incredibly low and their funding has suffered because of it. Contact with alien life would raise them to rockstar status and they'd be able to write their own cheques.
    yes if NASA were able to tell people about subjects like this, then im sure people would listen but most people are very impatient ... [aka the media]. that maybe a reason for lack of public interest in NASA operations.
    i can see a reason for a cover-up.........
    When we think of alien life and making contact, we think of alien life coming to earth,landing and saying hello........
    but as we know thats not going to happen any time soon...because if lets say Alien beings turn up their tomorrow then we would not only make contact with one species that are intelligent but many intelligent species that are out there in space.
    we are very impatient in terms of finding intelligent life, when some humans spend they life's tryin to find themselfs, let alone other species in other space.
    When we come up with multi-generational spaceships, powered by muti-generational crews then contact will be our reward or failure!?

if were intelligent, and if extraterrestials would of thought of this plan,... just maybe....,their not to far away at all...maybe they have a colony some where closer.

because if lets say Alien beings turn up their tomorrow then we would not only make contact with one species that are intelligent but many intelligent species that are out there in space.

Why do you assume that?

you want to believe!?
    Undergod wrote: »
    Why do you assume that?
    It would be a waste of space other-wise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Anyone consider the fact that we are not alone. I understand that you've been disguising the issue. Consider the size of the Universe, the number of Galaxies, the number of Solar Systems and planets that may actually harbour life. Then consider the number of lifeforms among those lively planets that are capable of either communication or travel. Does anyone not think it odd that we have not heard anything from any other civilisation yet? That if we have, it may have been covered for reasons such as religous nuts going ape and commiting mass suicide or maybe civilisations are actually just observing us first and considering wheather or not they should contact us, given ourself destructive nature.

Just a thought. Any opinions or have I completely missed the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

djhunter30 wrote: »
    Then consider the number of lifeforms among those lively planets that are capable of either communication or travel. Does anyone not think it odd that we have not heard anything from any other civilisation yet?

We've only been a blip on Earth's timeline, and of that blip its a smaller blip again that we have the technology to send and receive messages. Everyone always thinks that aliens will be far more advanced than we are and are bothered to come look for us. Far too many variables at play to make it seem odd not to have heard.

It would be a waste of space other-wise.

Who would be wasting the space? That's a silly argument, I think it's a waste of space that there isn't a lot more boron in the universe.

• Advertisement

you want to believe!?
    Who would be wasting the space? That's a silly argument, I think it's a waste of space that there isn't a lot more boron in the universe.
    i think you have to be broad-mind'ed, many of us long for contact with the divine, and aliens are a way of coming to terms with the conflict between science and religion....im not here to have arguments, just discussion's.

I am broad minded, however I accept things with evidence.

I could long for boron to bridge the gap between the divine and the mundane, so what? Doesn't mean that if we meet one alien species we'll automatically meet lots of them.

you want to believe!?
    I am broad minded, however I accept things with evidence.

I could long for boron to bridge the gap between the divine and the mundane, so what? Doesn't mean that if we meet one alien species we'll automatically meet lots of them.
    As i've said in the OP, there is 3 or 4 aspects i'd like to discuss...with regard evidence......

i've being reading ... cosmos by carl sagan[which is why im thinking like that] ... and then we have the disclosure project, where it has being said their is more then one species...!?
    im not sayin its fact only a reason not to tell the world we have made contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,736 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There was 2 hour doc on History last night Called Ancient Aliens that I found fascinating. Among the theories of course, that Aliens have visited before.

Ruins at bolivia which are Megalithic, made of [cant remember the name] a material that is second only to Diamond in Hardness, meaning to be cut you would need to use diamond tips. Cut with anal precision. We dont have the technology today to replicate this kind of construction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumapunku

The other thing is the Nazca Desert in Peru. Beside the Huge Stencilings of animals, theres also the mountain which has been completely leveled flat, with what appear to be runways on top. These runways are perfectly straight, tens of kilometers long and to top it off leveled completely flat in a range of mountains which was not level. And there is no sign of debris - all the earth that made up the top of this mountain is nowhere to be found.

Then the carvings and glyphs in Aztec ruins which appear to be astronauts, sitting in capsules using controls very similar to our Appolo astronauts.

Then your A-Typical Great Pyramid theories. Similarly there are experts in engineering today that say we cannot replicate with modern tech the construction of these pyramids. And the inner tombs - the walls are again, perfectly cut smooth. There is no soot or ash (ruling out torches) and the Copper Mirror Lighting theories have been thrown out from the deeper tombs and tunnels. How they lit these up? Some hieroglyphs suggest Pharaohs had access to the Lightbulb.

If you see it on yourTV guide give it a watch.

There's a fair bit of Victorian construction we can't really replicate, the expertise with steelworking has been lost. (I will admit I could be entirely wrong)

Therefore aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And the Nasca lines could have been done with the simpliest of technologies.
    Namely a length of rope and a log.
    Just look how easily people can do crop circles with just the same.

Or see how one guy with a bit of cleverness and some rocks and a bit of wood can move huge stone slabs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRDzFROMx0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fskeptoid.com%2Fepisodes%2F4149&feature=player_embedded

Just because you can't imagine it doesn't mean someone else hasn't. And it certainly doesn't mean aliens did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

you believe their is a cover-up of intelligent life.
    That is very impressive.

But he used NAils! And a Hose! And Lumber! MADNESS!!

Ah who am I kidding, that was impressive.

I'm not implying man couldnt make the Nazca drawings - in fact I daresay thats how they greeted alien visitors. No what puzzles me is the Nazca runways.

Its not that they could draw a straight line for 20km - roll to 6:00. how did they completely level an entire mountain??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Overheal wrote: »
    But he used NAils! And a Hose! And Lumber! MADNESS!!

Ah who am I kidding, that was impressive.

I'm not implying man couldnt make the Nazca drawings - in fact I daresay thats how they greeted alien visitors. No what puzzles me is the Nazca runways.

Its not that they could draw a straight line for 20km - roll to 6:00. how did they completely level an entire mountain??
    Is there any credible research that show the plateau the drawing are on was artificially flattened? Other than one guy's uneducated opinion that is probably quite biased?

I imagine they got straight long straight lines like how they do when making crop circles.
    Drive a tall stake in the ground. hang a ring or similar in front of your eye, line up the stake in the ring and walk dragging the log behind you.
    As long as you keep the stake in the ring you'll get a straight line.

But why would aliens need a runway? let alone one 23km long?

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    Is there any credible research that show the plateau the drawing are on was artificially flattened? Other than one guy's uneducated opinion that is probably quite biased?
    If you look at all the other mountains in the range they Have their summits. This mountain however has been flatten by something. Everything else about the mountain is homogeneous with the others in the area.

Though youre welcome to find a Geologist who can tell you the formation of that plateau was naturally occurring.
    I imagine they got straight long straight lines like how they do when making crop circles.
    Drive a tall stake in the ground. hang a ring or similar in front of your eye, line up the stake in the ring and walk dragging the log behind you.
    As long as you keep the stake in the ring you'll get a straight line.

Like I said, I dont doubt human ingenuity when it comes to making a straight line.
    But why would aliens need a runway? let alone one 23km long?

Now think bigger....

Also consider that it may have taken off again in the exact same fashion, and not vertically:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaled_Composites_SpaceShipTwo

Advertisement