Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

Radio5 wrote: »
    I think Vikram was supposed to be Dev's cousin in Corrie. He lost all his familys money and Dev stepped in to buy the corner shop to help them out.

There is a high transfer rate between ITV soaps alright. What was the name of the character that Gaynor Faye ( Megan in E'Dale) played in Corrie? I know she died on the day of Ashely and Maxine's wedding but can't remember her name!!!

Judy Mallett. She died after complications undetected after either childbirth or a car crash? I'm not sure which. Was married to Gary and lived in the Duckys house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Judy Mallett. She died after complications undetected after either childbirth or a car crash? I'm not sure which. Was married to Gary and lived in the Duckys house.

She had an abortion years ago and using her own words "When they did it, they mucked up me tubes". And so was told they couldn't have kids. Can't remember why she died exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Duvetdays wrote: »

Sounds like a bit of a storm in a tea cup, but because of the other controversies they have to be seen to take action. He could well get the boot for this though. Im sure he has a clause in his contract regarding doing anything to bring Granada into ill repute.

syklops wrote: »
    Sounds like a bit of a storm in a tea cup, but because of the other controversies they have to be seen to take action. He could well get the boot for this though. Im sure he has a clause in his contract regarding doing anything to bring Granada into ill repute.

It's just seems so strange with the mask and alter ego!
    I know tommy is only his character but I guess it's because tommy duckworth is such a dopey character you don't expect it from him.

• Advertisement

It's just seems so strange with the mask and alter ego!
    I know tommy is only his character but I guess it's because tommy duckworth is such a dopey character you don't expect it from him.

You've never put a mask on and rapped about rape to unwind of an evening?

You've never put a mask on and rapped about rape to unwind of an evening?

I guess I'm not down with the kids as much as I thought I was!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

He's 25, spouting drivel most 14 year olds would be embarrassed by. Really I wonder about some people.

spurious wrote: »
    He's 25, spouting drivel most 14 year olds would be embarrassed by. Really I wonder about some people.

In his defence it was meant to be a private video. Not sure why he put it on youtube though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

She had an abortion years ago and using her own words "When they did it, they mucked up me tubes". And so was told they couldn't have kids. Can't remember why she died exactly.

Wasn't she putting up clothes on the line and she collapsed in the back yard or something?! Can't believe I remember that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

It's disturbing. Put me right off him!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Might be the excuse they need to write him out when Tina leaves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I thought The Bill was the place soap stars go to die
    Bring Jim McDonald back he is the best so he is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I loved how Big Jim Whaddabiteya always used the full form of someone's first name so he did - Stephen, Elizabeth etc.. A small touch, but effective.

le la rat wrote: »
    I thought The Bill was the place soap stars go to die
    Bring Jim McDonald back he is the best so he is

Ach, catch yourself on! What about ya, Elizabeth. It'd be great to see them both back again, so it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

leahyl wrote: »
    Wasn't she putting up clothes on the line and she collapsed in the back yard or something?! Can't believe I remember that!

She was in a car accident and developed a blood clot after it, that's how she died. Think she did collapse hanging out washing.

The other night, Tina arrived back on the cobbles after her hissy fit on the Red Rec. She told Denis or Tommy, I forget who - that she'd come straight home after Rita had rung her. When they asked how long ago that was, she said about an hour or more. How far is the Red Rec???? Over an hour's walk away? She didn't look in the slightest bit drunk at all either:rolleyes:.

Then tonight, after panicking searching for Rita around the street, someone said Marcus had met Rita '20 mins ago'. And all that stuff on the Red Rec had happened in the meantime...:confused:..did Rita drive there? She must've done, over an hour's walk away???

Ach, catch yourself on! What about ya, Elizabeth. It'd be great to see them both back again, so it would.

Unlikely with Jim on a long stretch.

Ann22 wrote: »
    The other night, Tina arrived back on the cobbles after her hissy fit on the Red Rec. She told Denis or Tommy, I forget who - that she'd come straight home after Rita had rung her. When they asked how long ago that was, she said about an hour or more. How far is the Red Rec???? Over an hour's walk away? She didn't look in the slightest bit drunk at all either:rolleyes:.

Then tonight, after panicking searching for Rita around the street, someone said Marcus had met Rita '20 mins ago'. And all that stuff on the Red Rec had happened in the meantime...:confused:..did Rita drive there? She must've done, over an hour's walk away???

During one of his sleep walking adventures Roy was found on the red rec, so it can't be that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

What ever happened steve's brother.?

• Advertisement

Dodd wrote: »
    What ever happened steve's brother.?

Andy (or that'd be Andrew to his Dad) lives in Spain. Liz used go over to him to top up the tan.

How dumb is Eva though? Gets time off work under false pretences and then goes working right across the road where she would more than likely bump into Michelle or Carla.

Craig a ticking time bomb now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Can someone tell me how Carl has got a car, he never had one before and they struggled to open the Rovers because of money troubles.

The world of soap is wonderful isn't it....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

That baby Jake when he was smilin and giggling away during the scene- talk about adorable- put some longing on me i tell ya:)

Lol at Beth "They are just jealous of his Ginger tresses":D

Carl you evil bastard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

What did ye make of Michelle's oirish accent. God help us she could have done with a bit of coaching! Her mother's supposed to be from Cork isn't she?

Izzy's very good natured and trusting. Gary's a d!ck..I suspect his animosity towards Tina is partly 'cos she knocked him back. He shouldn't be so aggressive in front of that little baby..poor wee lamb looking up at him:(

Unexpectedly clever of Beth to cop on that Craig hadn't been at home in ages 'cos the telly was cold. Karl's a bollox, poor child, filling his head with all that:mad:..why oh why did poor Craig spill the beans to him instead of Kirk?

Sally didn't waste any time dragging your man up to bed...shameless hussy:). I like him actually, it irks me that Owen and Anna happily tried to force him to leave despite it breaking Faye's heart leaving her with a lifetime of insecurities.:mad: I usually hate Sally when she's rowing but I was delighted at her standing up to Owen.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Glad to see less of Owen and Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how Carl has got a car, he never had one before and they struggled to open the Rovers because of money troubles.

The world of soap is wonderful isn't it....!

It's always amazed me how the residents' suddenly have cars when the occasion calls for one.
    You never see their cars parked outside their homes, but if someone is in labour or needs to chase someone, it's all "We'll go in my car", and hey presto, a car materialises from nowhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

There is no way Owen could be a bully or builder with the arms he has.
    The other guy is built bigger and could take him any day.
    The others that are builders would pass for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

happyday wrote: »
    What did ye make of Michelle's oirish accent. God help us she could have done with a bit of coaching! Her mother's supposed to be from Cork isn't she?

Aye faith and begorrah :D... Ridiculous attempt at oirish accent, but maybe that is how they do be a-thinking we speak, on the old sod, while the leprechauns dance endlessly around. God bless everyone's rearin' and all that ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement